Jets reach agreement with QB Sanchez

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
link

$50mil with $28mil guaranteed

All eyez on U kid
Couldnt beat out John david Booty ???.... Jets just got hosed, and set themselves back 5 yrs.., this guys gonna be a bust
And some of you guys complained about what we paid Smith, lol.
Originally posted by boomer49er:

yea....its Talent VS dollars.....

Sanchez has actual NFL talent............
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Big risk Im happy we are no part of

Thank god we have Crabtree

LOL, and Crabtree isn't a big risk?
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by boomer49er:

yea....its Talent VS dollars.....

Sanchez has actual NFL talent............

He got drafted of course he has talent, who knows if he will do anything with it
Any rookie with a big contract I want to fail. This is ridiculous. They haven't proven that they can do squat in the league and they get huge contracts.
[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Jul 7, 2009 at 10:40 AM ]
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Any rookie with a big contract I want to fail. This is ridiculous. They haven't proven that they can do squat in the league and they get huge contracts.

you are aware that the majority of veteran star players fully support this system? Because it escalates the figures on signing veteran stars to their 2nd or even 3rd contract.

You should get over it and support or don't support players on how good you THINK they will turn out, and nothing else.

I like Sanchez because I think his "IT" factor will translate to the NFL. I will either be proven right or wrong, but the fact that he got paid doesn't change anything.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

I can't agree more! I think he will fail, judging QB talent is difficult. I am a USC hater but watched all their games hoping for them to lose. The few times a defense pressured him he struggled. He looked terrible against Arizona last year. USC had one of the best offensive lines in college football, Sanchez usually had all day to throw,
he won't have that luxury in the NFL. His supporting cast was usually far superior to the opponents defense, he will be in for a rude awakening in New York.
  • NinersCluebat
  • Info N/A
Sanchez is set up to do well and I believe he will be very good (not going to go for great here). He has a solid o-line and a good running back and will not be asked to do much more than not make mistakes.
And from what I have read he is a natural leader (the magazine deal notwithstanding).
Just my two-cents.

Share 49ersWebzone