LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 459 users in the forums

Vince Young for Alex Smith Trade Rumour!

Shop 49ers game tickets
I don't see anything about this on Footballguys.com.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by cNiner:
mental with ability vs potinial not reached !

mental instability with ability
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by cNiner:
mental with ability vs potinial not reached !

mental instability with ability

this isn't even credible enough to be considered a rumor
please, make it stop
Originally posted by Chief:
I think this is more BS talk and less rumor.

I agree...
anyone that is emotionally unstable is a little b***h = VY = Keep AS
why would we want Young? what has he done?
This would be a retarded move. The only thing Smith has going for him is his maturity and work ethic. Vince is a crappy passer AND he has shtty work ethic AND he's emo. No thanks.

Originally posted by Chief:
I think this is more BS talk and less rumor.
No Way !!!!
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MeddlingKid:
You guys are fooling yourselves if you think McCloughan is stupid enough to trade Smith for Young. While I don't necessarily think Smith is our answer at QB, the TEAM may. They have him in a competition to be the starter of the 49ers this coming season, and seem to be pleased with his progress so far. You think they would trade a guy this important to the team for a run-first QB who can't decide whether he wants to play football or not?

Agreed
Originally posted by Pedro61:
Well it wouldnt hurt us?

Lets face it, despite good OTA reports, Smith and Hill are both average. With a good D and run game (fingers crossed) that might be fine, but vice yougn certainly isnt any worse than Hill/Smith........

Hill and Smith both seem great, blue collar kind of guys, but neither of them is explosive, entertaining, exciting, and neither of them has any wow factor......

Vince young is exciting, and has a wow factor. Maybe Big Mike is just the man to put his arm around Vince.......

With an improved wr core, Vince Youngs ability to stay alive has to be better then Smith/Hills?

I'd love to be proven wrong as Hill and Smith both seem like great commited guys. I guess I just think that Vince has (excuse the cliche) more 'upside'.

So just because Shaun Hill isn't entertaining and exciting, you want another QB? The guy wins. That's all that matters. I'll keep both QBs thank you very much and pass on Vince "Crybaby" Young.
Originally posted by wolfman61:
why would we want Young? what has he done?

Won offensive rookie of the year and led his team to the playoffs. What has Alex Smith ever done?

Vince Young >>>> Alex Smith
Share 49ersWebzone