LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

Vince Young for Alex Smith Trade Rumour!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Footballguys.com Unconfirmed RUMOR. One of my guys is hearing talk of a Vince Young for Alex Smith deal being discussed. That would be a great discussion if it were to happen. Again, please don't take this for anything more than it is at this point - a RUMOR. But I've always operated this thing on the "you'll know what I know" line of thinking. So I'm passing along what I'm hearing. Take it for what it's worth and keep an eye out.
Originally posted by BrianUKNiner:
Footballguys.com Unconfirmed RUMOR. One of my guys is hearing talk of a Vince Young for Alex Smith deal being discussed. That would be a great discussion if it were to happen. Again, please don't take this for anything more than it is at this point - a RUMOR. But I've always operated this thing on the "you'll know what I know" line of thinking. So I'm passing along what I'm hearing. Take it for what it's worth and keep an eye out.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

i hope this isn't true
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianUKNiner:

What would be the benefit to us?
  • Pedro61
  • Info N/A
Well it wouldnt hurt us?

Lets face it, despite good OTA reports, Smith and Hill are both average. With a good D and run game (fingers crossed) that might be fine, but vice yougn certainly isnt any worse than Hill/Smith........

Hill and Smith both seem great, blue collar kind of guys, but neither of them is explosive, entertaining, exciting, and neither of them has any wow factor......

Vince young is exciting, and has a wow factor. Maybe Big Mike is just the man to put his arm around Vince.......

With an improved wr core, Vince Youngs ability to stay alive has to be better then Smith/Hills?

I'd love to be proven wrong as Hill and Smith both seem like great commited guys. I guess I just think that Vince has (excuse the cliche) more 'upside'.
I'll pass, unless they are throwing in a 2nd rounder or something of that nature.
  • Pedro61
  • Info N/A
Surely a straight swap would be fair?

What would Vince count against the cap?

If it didnt work out with him we still have a reliable blue collar guy (Hill) with exp who can step in.......
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I think this is more BS talk and less rumor.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Young is a terrible pocket passer, I'd rather just keep Smith.
  • pb84911
  • Info N/A
This is crap can't find it on the site
I really hope this is just a rumor. Vince Young is emotionally unstable and what would we do when he decides to tweak again? I would rather have AS.

• Tyler82
  • Info N/A
Vince Young is worthless.....I would much rather have Alex and if he doesnt work out we will draft a QB with one of our 2 first rounders.....Taking Young would do nothing to help us
Pass! Rumor or not.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pedro61:
Well it wouldnt hurt us?

Lets face it, despite good OTA reports, Smith and Hill are both average. With a good D and run game (fingers crossed) that might be fine, but vice yougn certainly isnt any worse than Hill/Smith........

Hill and Smith both seem great, blue collar kind of guys, but neither of them is explosive, entertaining, exciting, and neither of them has any wow factor......

Vince young is exciting, and has a wow factor. Maybe Big Mike is just the man to put his arm around Vince.......

With an improved wr core, Vince Youngs ability to stay alive has to be better then Smith/Hills?

I'd love to be proven wrong as Hill and Smith both seem like great commited guys. I guess I just think that Vince has (excuse the cliche) more 'upside'.

yeah, wow! he is a nutjob. the guy has talked about retiring already.
mental with ability vs potinial not reached !
  • MeddlingKid
  • Info N/A
You guys are fooling yourselves if you think McCloughan is stupid enough to trade Smith for Young. While I don't necessarily think Smith is our answer at QB, the TEAM may. They have him in a competition to be the starter of the 49ers this coming season, and seem to be pleased with his progress so far. You think they would trade a guy this important to the team for a run-first QB who can't decide whether he wants to play football or not?
Share 49ersWebzone