Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by NickV:

Leftwich wont do s**t.
GOOD PICK UP AND HELL DO JUST FINE WITH THE BUCS
He got the starting job
[ Edited by pwilly52 on Aug 29, 2009 at 4:14 PM ]
From NFL.com:

TAMPA, Fla. -- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers' extended quarterback derby is over. Byron Leftwich will start the Sept. 13 season opener against the Dallas Cowboys.

First-year Bucs coach Raheem Morris selected Leftwich over Luke McCown on Saturday, saying the seventh-year pro held an edge going into training camp and retained it with steady -- if unspectacular -- play through three preseason games.

There has been speculation that the loser of the race might be traded. However, McCown made it clear that his wish is to remain with the Bucs, who are grooming first-round pick Josh Freeman as their quarterback of the future.

Morris likes second-year pro Josh Johnson, too, and raised the possibility Saturday of carrying four quarterbacks into the regular season.

Morris shrugged off a question about how committed he might be to Leftwich, considering the close competition for the starting job and the fact that Freeman is waiting in the wings, too.

linkage

-9fA
Haha damn you I just bumped my Leftwich thread saying the same thing. Oh well, I'll get the mods to lock mine
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Stay away from Bucs receivers in fantasy football.

I'd also stay away from their nightmare running back committee. They're using three backs interchangeably.
Originally posted by crzy:

I'd also stay away from their nightmare running back committee. They're using three backs interchangeably.

Not even Antonio Bryant?

Btw, i think it's a good move in starting Leftwich.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by crzy:

Not even Antonio Bryant?

Btw, i think it's a good move in starting Leftwich.

-9fA

Only because they have nobody else to play. That offense is awful.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
Originally posted by PTulini:
I guess that means Kansas St. QB Josh Freeman won't be an option in the draft.

I disagree. Leftwich is a bum, plain and simple. He has no mobility, that's why he is hurt all the time. He takes a beating. Freeman is going to sit and learn for a year or two. So, I think Tampa is an ideal situation. The Bucs are going to suck this year while they are rebulding. They will let Freeman learn while Leftwich takes the pouding. Then Freeman will take over in 2010 and Leftwich will be a FA again.

Probably true but if he was here he could compete for a starting job! I don't think we have any business calling another team's QB a bum until we have a decent one ourselves.

• NM49ERFAN
  • Info N/A
his wind up looks like an old pitching machine
If they waive Josh Johnson, i hope we make a move for him.
Share 49ersWebzone