There are 225 users in the forums

rumored NFL lockout in 2011

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BenQ:
59.6% of revenue. that's how much players get. you guys think that's fair to the owners/league? imo that's too much for the players.

i think its very fair, actually.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by BenQ:
59.6% of revenue. that's how much players get. you guys think that's fair to the owners/league? imo that's too much for the players.

i think its very fair, actually.

someone said that the owners got ripped in the last CBA and now they are trying to regain the 60% and thats the biggest underlining issue no one is talking about.
The only way there's a lock out is if Demaurice Smith f**ks up really bad IMO.
a;so problly gonna be a lockout in nba dont know what im gonna do with no nba and nfl in same year if this happens
Right now the NFL is at it's highest as far as international fanbase. I will truley be shocked and very disappointed with the NFL and it's players ,, if they go into a lockout. There is so much at stake here and I can't believe either side would risk a lockout right now at the peak of the NFL's popularity. It makes no sense to me.
can't wait to see our team next year if the lockout extends to mid july. Have 8 weeks to get ready for season with a new system
Originally posted by Chief:

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The NFL players' union has advised its members to prepare for a lockout it expects to come in March, telling players to save their last three game checks this year in case there is no season in 2011.

Hahaha, James Harrison is gonna be living in Mike Tomlin's pool house by mid-spring!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Chief:

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The NFL players' union has advised its members to prepare for a lockout it expects to come in March, telling players to save their last three game checks this year in case there is no season in 2011.

Hahaha, James Harrison is gonna be living in Mike Tomlin's pool house by mid-spring!

yeah be cause his huge contract extension isnt enough to keep him in his house
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-laborquestions090810

for anyone misinformed about the CBA and a looming lockout
Maybe this has been answered already but if the lockout happens would we still have a draft? If so we need to get Gruden (or Harbaugh) on board ASAP! The future HC needs to get his stamp on this team.

No offense to Bahlke whether he remains here or not, but our future HC needs to get his own type of players.

as i understand, there will be a draft even if there is a lockout. But if by the 2011 draft, there still is no CBA in place, none of the 2011 draftees can be signed to contracts.
Originally posted by daWest:
as i understand, there will be a draft even if there is a lockout. But if by the 2011 draft, there still is no CBA in place, none of the 2011 draftees can be signed to contracts.

They've already said they are pushing the draft up into March so that it can take place before a lockout. I guess all the draftees rights would be maintained by their respective teams if the lockout were to push into 2012. As it stands, if unsigned rookies don't sign and the next draft comes around, they are free to enter the draft again to be drafted by another team.
I believe lockout only goes on for a few months in off-season. No NFL games will be missed, its like a game of chicken.
[ Edited by Jamespowers on Dec 9, 2010 at 8:15 PM ]
Guys, I wanted to come in here on behalf of the NFLPA and let you know that there's a petition going on at NFLLockout.com right now to block the lockout: http://www.nfllockout.com

The lockout is a very real thing, even though no one wants it to happen. Why not do your part to prevent it? Sign your name to the petition so the owners know just how strong the fan outcry is against the lockout!
Originally posted by NFLLockout:
Guys, I wanted to come in here on behalf of the NFLPA and let you know that there's a petition going on at NFLLockout.com right now to block the lockout: http://www.nfllockout.com

The lockout is a very real thing, even though no one wants it to happen. Why not do your part to prevent it? Sign your name to the petition so the owners know just how strong the fan outcry is against the lockout!

How about a petition to remind players of the gravity! I'm for signing a petition of both sides but if you read through that page it was very biased towards the players. I'm not signing a petition that strengths the players bargaining chips. BOTH players and owners need to get their Sh*t together.

I think the NFLPA need to be very careful about how greedy they want to be.
Share 49ersWebzone