LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 231 users in the forums

rumored NFL lockout in 2011

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
If it does and its a big if, there will be replacement players. Owners can still make money off replacement players, no doubt.

I guess Tim Rattay, Ken Dorsey and Cody Pickett will be able to return to the league then.

Get ready for the Rattay vs. Dorsey thread .

lol, replacement players would be fun to watch, but we have a good team building, so of course I am totally AGAINST a lockout. Too bad we didnt have replacement players in 2004.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
If it does and its a big if, there will be replacement players. Owners can still make money off replacement players, no doubt.

I guess Tim Rattay, Ken Dorsey and Cody Pickett will be able to return to the league then.

Get ready for the Rattay vs. Dorsey thread .

lol, replacement players would be fun to watch, but we have a good team building, so of course I am totally AGAINST a lockout. Too bad we didnt have replacement players in 2004.

lol I agree 100%.
The richest sports league in the United States (making over a billion dollars yearly) will not let a lockout occur.

First off, while all other sports have shown a decline over the years in attendance and profit, the NFL has shown huge increases of profit and attendance.

Second, of course a deal will not be made until the wee hours before a lockout is to occur. Not only does it add drama to make ppl commit to this season even more with the possibility of a lockout in 2011, but both the players union and owners will be trying to get the most out of this new agreement.

It'd be stupid business sense to lose all that easy money on the US national sport (sorry baseball) b/c the owners and players are having a d*ck measuring contest to see who needs more money.
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
The richest sports league in the United States (making over a billion dollars yearly) will not let a lockout occur.

First off, while all other sports have shown a decline over the years in attendance and profit, the NFL has shown huge increases of profit and attendance.

Second, of course a deal will not be made until the wee hours before a lockout is to occur. Not only does it add drama to make ppl commit to this season even more with the possibility of a lockout in 2011, but both the players union and owners will be trying to get the most out of this new agreement.

It'd be stupid business sense to lose all that easy money on the US national sport (sorry baseball) b/c the owners and players are having a d*ck measuring contest to see who needs more money.

Exactly, way too much $$$ to be lost on both sides if there is a lockout. Its just strange talking about labor strife in NFL, last time was strike in 1987, I was 4 then.
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

Exactly, way too much $$$ to be lost on both sides if there is a lockout. Its just strange talking about labor strife in NFL, last time was strike in 1987, I was 4 then.

I agree but that's what they said about Pacquiao vs. Mayweather.
Looks like its going to happen. I have tweeted a couple of NFL Writers and some say no replacement players, while others say we will see them.

Owners like Jerry Jones and Richardson from Carolina are pressing for lockout.

What are the Zone's thoughts on this ?

Would not mind seeing replacement players after Sunday's Niner performance.
I'd rather see the cheerleaders in lingerie flag football.

Vince should bring back the XFL in 2011

That would be badass
The UFL has more teams and their season is about to start. NFL owns 25% stake in that league.
Looks like its going to happen. I have tweeted a couple of NFL Writers and some say no replacement players, while others say we will see them.

What is meant by "replacement players"? I don't understand the situation.
if there were replacement players needed what if we win a championship? we need to start lookin for the replacements so we get the best ones and sneak a championship in lol

heres what i have on it.

The players oppose a 18 game schedule, cause owners want more money than the players get, and the players want extra is they expand to 18 games which is fair IMO.

All teams are voting to decertify from the players union, so there is not a way the owners lock the players out of a 2011 season.

NFLPA head has made it clear a strike is very possible, not probable or imminent. But he has said to save money cause a lockout could happen.

Also, basically the owners want like 60% of the money for revenue, and the players dont want it that way.

Im on the players side on this one, they need to stand up, there the ones playing the damn game, not the owners and coaches.

But thats my thoughts and information.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

In a case of a work stoppage, the owners (if they want to) can get replacement players. In 1987, there was a short players strike and the owners picked up replacement players for 3 weeks. Basically, players were signed off the street. Since this work stoppage would start before the season , teams can get UFL or CFL players, some teams may have open tryouts.

In a case of a work stoppage, the owners (if they want to) can get replacement players. In 1987, there was a short players strike and the owners picked up replacement players for 3 weeks. Basically, players were signed off the street. Since this work stoppage would start before the season , teams can get UFL or CFL players, some teams may have open tryouts.

dibs on the QB spot!!!

I heard they can't do that anymore?

thanks appreciate it. all I can say is I hope there is no lockout. I love watchin football to much
Share 49ersWebzone