LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

Vick signs with Eagles

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by RonMexico:
vikings?

Makes sense. Either the Pats or some dome team.

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Jul 29, 2009 at 16:06:40 ]
I think Vick may go to the broncos? Clearly they wont be focusing as much as they were on the passing game it wouldnt be a bad idea for vick to come to the broncos and do a few option plays here and there, and plus he is better than kyle orton and has a powerful arm..i guess we will wait and see
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
""It's a dead issue. In terms of Michael Vick and the 49ers, it's not happening." - Mike Singletary 7/28/09

Why not? He's paid his dues to society, he's a good football player, and we can use another weapon on offense.

Ban for lying
We put Walt Harris on I.R. We have a roster opening. Someone call Vick's agent
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:
""It's a dead issue. In terms of Michael Vick and the 49ers, it's not happening." - Mike Singletary 7/28/09

Why not? He's paid his dues to society, he's a good football player, and we can use another weapon on offense.

Ban for lying

he is a good football player. and id rather have him than have drafted sanchez's weak ass
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I'd rather have Favre than Vick! And I really don't like Favre. I hope no team signs him, but some sucker team probably will. Wouldn't it be ironic if Cleveland signed him? The dog pound fans would go nuts and most will boo him out of the stadium!

They will boo him til he scores a Td then they will cheer him

Possibly. But then, they'll boo him again when he throws several INTs.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fan49:

Ban for lying

he is a good football player. and id rather have him than have drafted sanchez's weak ass

Excluding W-L's, I'm gonna say Sanchez has a better statistical career than what Mike Vick has done so far. Oh and here's the catch, as a passing QB, not as a QB that runs around like a chicken with its head cut off. Mark Sanchez is a far better passer than what Vick will ever be.
I wouldn't mind if Vick comes to SF as a Wildcat sort of option, but no our starting QB...
They just said on Sportscenter that Vick said today that he is "getting closer to signing with a team." He didn't specify which team or even which league (who knows, could be UFL ).
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
They just said on Sportscenter that Vick said today that he is "getting closer to signing with a team." He didn't specify which team or even which league (who knows, could be UFL ).

lol, i think he'd rather take a 4game NFL suspension than play for the UFL..

• buck
  • Veteran

Seriously?

1. The team is located in the Bay Area which is full of animal rights activists. Combine that with the culture of protest that is embedded in the Bay Area. (and I am not saying that is bad). Sign Vick and you have instant and regular protests --and that is not good for business.

2. Singletary is about building the team--its cohesiveness and morale. The chances are that bringing in a wild card, and Vick is a wild card, would disrupt that team building.

3. We have two interesting battles on offensive side of the team. We need to figure out if either Hill or Smith are the QB of the future. We need to develop a back-up, and eventual replacement, for Mr. Gore. Adding Vick would muddle not clarify these battles.

The best thing going for Vick is the willingness of Tony Dungy to speak in favor of Vick. Dungy works as a prison minister, so he has the experience to sort of the bull, and cons are very good at bull. The second thing in Vick's favor is the willingness of the commissioner to let up start working his way back into the NFL.

If Vick can keep his nose clean, he has the chance to work in the NFL. It really is up to him--and he can not ask for more. The onus is on him. He has to convince a team, any team, that he is a good risk. None of the teams owe him anything. Vick has to earn what he gets. Vick has paid his debt to society, but at this point, he has not yet proven anything to any of the teams in the NFL.

[ Edited by buck on Jul 30, 2009 at 10:32:56 ]
vick playing for the 9ers would be a animal rights protesters dream.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Ban for lying

Excluding W-L's, I'm gonna say Sanchez has a better statistical career than what Mike Vick has done so far. Oh and here's the catch, as a passing QB, not as a QB that runs around like a chicken with its head cut off. Mark Sanchez is a far better passer than what Vick will ever be.

I would rather a QB be more successful in wins and losses.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Ban for lying

I would rather a QB be more successful in wins and losses.

I exclude W-L's because it takes a team to Win or Lose a game, credit shouldn't fall all on one player. Surprising you don't know that due to the long Smith vs. Hill threads.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

lol, i think he'd rather take a 4game NFL suspension than play for the UFL..

I agree, but he didn't specify, so there's no way to know yet.
Share 49ersWebzone