Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GoNiners:
he was the first QB to win @ Lambeau in the playoffs. That's impressive

Yep and he was the first to go to the pen for dog fighting
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Vick has done nothing but suck ass! as a QB
He was a terrible QB before his arrest and will be even worse after!
Why does everyone want that bum!
Most overrated QB ever
Guy had some of the worst accuracy a QB can have

I'm not saying I necessarily want him on the Niners (mostly because I don't want to listen to people whine about how he's evil and should be killed or whatever), but I find it unreasonable, or perhaps dishonest, to say that a QB who, in 6 seasons, achieved 3 Pro-Bowls, 2nd in voting for league MVP, took his team to the playoffs multiple times (including the conference championship), & set not less than 6 all-time NFL records, sucks ass and is terrible.

The main reason why he got into 3 pro bowls, was cause of name alone, he had terrible years, sucky passer rating, and only could run as a QB, he IMO isnt a good talent at all as a QB, maybe as a wildcat QB, but not pure pass back QB, which is what we should focus on, not this stupid wildcat formation.

How do you get into the Pro-Bowl on name alone when you're the first player with your name? Maybe you could argue that for Eli or something, but apparently you're saying that because people thought Michael Vick was so good they just voted in Michael Vick, who wasn't very good, because he has the same name as Michael Vick (and happens to be the same person)?

[ Edited by mug0mug on Jul 29, 2009 at 02:15:47 ]
IT BEATS ALL THIS BRETT FARVE TALK
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
A league source tells Jason Reid of the Washington Post that free agent Michael Vick believes he'll either end up with the 49ers or Redskins.
Two other sources say there's "nothing there" with Vick and the Skins at the moment, but that "anything can happen when Dan Snyder is determined to pursue a player." Vick is a Virginia native and was allegedly spotted in Loudon County (VA), a D.C. suburb, earlier this week. A conflict of interest looms, though. Agent Joel Segal represents both Vick and Skins starter Jason Campbell.
link

The Skins can have him...

Agreed. and I would take Jasen Campbell in a heartbeat and Huard would be history

[ Edited by NJNiner on Jul 29, 2009 at 06:48:01 ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by rob28:
Hill or smith=7-9 or worse.
vick=8-8 and maybe playoffs!

Smith= 6-10 or worse

Hill= 8-8 or slighty better.

Vick= What happens when you get a quarterback that doesn't trust his recievers and hasn't played football in 2+ years? Yeah, thats what would happen to us....

you got someone who has been liftin way differently than with machines..... so he might be the strongest hes ever been. those jail house workouts no joke!

[ Edited by fan49 on Jul 29, 2009 at 08:02:24 ]
Originally posted by KNRO1670:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/28/michael-vick-has-an-idea-where-hell-play/

I think not Michael!

NOT!
Originally posted by NinerFan1977:
Originally posted by GoNiners:
he was the first QB to win @ Lambeau in the playoffs. That's impressive

Yep and he was the first to go to the pen for dog fighting

i don't wanna start any problems but if Vick never was convicted of dog fighting would you still want him on the Niners if he was a free agent?
I'd rather have Favre than Vick! And I really don't like Favre. I hope no team signs him, but some sucker team probably will. Wouldn't it be ironic if Cleveland signed him? The dog pound fans would go nuts and most will boo him out of the stadium!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I wonder why no one has signed him yet? Has he actually visited any teams? Does he have an agent calling around for him? I would take him, Alex is garbage and Hill is not that impressive.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
I'd rather have Favre than Vick! And I really don't like Favre. I hope no team signs him, but some sucker team probably will. Wouldn't it be ironic if Cleveland signed him? The dog pound fans would go nuts and most will boo him out of the stadium!

They will boo him til he scores a Td then they will cheer him

Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

They will boo him til he scores a Td then they will cheer him

yep, or runs 70 yards for a TD. Do you think any SF fans would still remember if he was signed by the 49ers and lead them to a 5 and 0 start? LOL
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
""It's a dead issue. In terms of Michael Vick and the 49ers, it's not happening." - Mike Singletary 7/28/09

Why not? He's paid his dues to society, he's a good football player, and we can use another weapon on offense.

i agree not like he killed a human being like ray lewis and stallworth, he led his team to the nfc championship game, better than any of our current QBs have done.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
49ers | Singletary says team not signing Vick
Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:19:10 -0700

Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers head coach Mike Singletary said the team will not sign unrestricted free-agent QB Michael Vick (Falcons).

www.kffl.com

I wonder how many reps up pain hill Singletary would have given me for bringing it up again?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Just because HC and the GM say they are not interested in a player, doesn't always make it so. In public, there is no reason to say that a team is interested in Vick and then not be able to sign him, especially when single game tickets are going on sale during this time.

Right now, saying that a team is interested in Vick doesn't help anyone. They will wait a few weeks, and since he is pretty much suspended until week 6, he has enough time to learn the offense and doesn't NEED to be in the training camp right away.
vikings?
Share 49ersWebzone