LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Vick signs with Eagles

Shop 49ers game tickets
he was the first QB to win @ Lambeau in the playoffs. That's impressive
49ers | Singletary says team not signing Vick
Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:19:10 -0700

Matt Maiocco, of The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers head coach Mike Singletary said the team will not sign unrestricted free-agent QB Michael Vick (Falcons).

www.kffl.com
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Why must we continue to see Vick threads? ... and from a STAFF member? ???

PLEASE.
You dont set up camp in your enemies back yard.

There are TOO MANY people that will hate him in SF......

He needs press and fans that will shield him as MUCH as possible as he gets his career back together.

That is not SF. There are actually professional Protesters in Cali , thats all they do. Thats like setting up shop in Peta's back yard.

What vick Needs is a some were morally corrupt to start with , or Some were VERY blue collar.

Philly, Detroit, Pitt , Cleavland....

Some were like Vegas(if they had a team) or New Orleans were the Fans would laugh off his charges would work as well.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
You dont set up camp in your enemies back yard.

There are TOO MANY people that will hate him in SF......

He needs press and fans that will shield him as MUCH as possible as he gets his career back together.

That is not SF. There are actually professional Protesters in Cali , thats all they do. Thats like setting up shop in Peta's back yard.

What vick Needs is a some were morally corrupt to start with , or Some were VERY blue collar.

Philly, Detroit, Pitt , Cleavland....

Some were like Vegas(if they had a team) or New Orleans were the Fans would laugh off his charges would work as well.

LOL in New Orleans they might ask him to take up cock fighting instead.
I would take him
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by 49erJim:
I would love to see us get Vick. He did his time, people need to get over it and move on. Hes going to play again in the NFL and hes got some playing left in him.

So let me get this straight, you are okay with putting someone dumb enough to throw his multimillion dollar career away to finance an illegal dog fighting ring in charge of the offense?The logic of this escapes me,please explain how it is a good thing to have a certified moron (felony conviction aside) running the offense?As for playing QB,he was never as good as Hill,and only marginally better than Smith at passing the ball.We already have at least two running backs that are better than him,and we definitely enough receivers...so where does Vick fit on this team?The fact that this is even seriously considered by a fan of the niners shows how bad we have had it for years.We deserve a break after so many years,but Vick and the media circus that will surround him could only be detrimental to the team.I agree he has paid his debt to society,and I am all for him playing in the NFL if someone is crazy enough to hire him...maybe Oakland Al will sign him,he is pretty fast,and Russel is the true bust in the Bay Area.

being dumb runs in and out of this NFL Team the last 10 years. Remember ERIC? How about TD? How about firing a HC who was 12 and 4 and had a great comeback win vs the hated NYG? How about letting Jeff Garica go? Giving TO away for NOTHING? Getting Nowin to run the entire team when he had no exp in doing anything? The list goes on and on. Getting MVICK Might be a good thing. What if hes turned his life around and does well? Give the man another chance, he has not hurt anyone. The man served his time and paid his price. Time to move on and give the man a chance to prove himself. I would love to see the 49ers sign him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If Garcia and A. Bryant were cut immediately after getting arrested for a DUI, what makes you guys think Vick would be on this team after coming out of prison??
I would love this idea, think of the possibilitiessss
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If Garcia and A. Bryant were cut immediately after getting arrested for a DUI, what makes you guys think Vick would be on this team after coming out of prison??

sing. Naw, in reality i do not think he will come here unless our QB's completely suck this year and vick is still unsigned.

Originally posted by LBCniner:
I would love this idea, think of the possibilitiessss

I can think of 2

Vick running for a huge gain

Vick throwing an incomplete pass

I hate the negative posts about Vick. He was an idiot n f**ked up. Its over he paid his debt. He deserves to learn from his mistakes and fix his life
If we're 1-5 by week six, I wouldn't fu*kin mind.

Some of you are acting like

We have depth at qb for a reason.

The only way I see us signing him , would probably be only for publicity.
Originally posted by GoNiners:
he was the first QB to win @ Lambeau in the playoffs. That's impressive

I agree
Share 49ersWebzone