LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

JTO Eating Crow Thread!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean:
Guilty as charged.

After watching the Rattay-Dorsey-Pickett-Smith-Dilfer-Weinke show over the last few years, I was hoping JTO would be the answer as well. Even though he was a turnover/sack machine, he did make some plays early on (and I hadn't seen that around here in years).

That's what gave me hope and of course his cannon and quick release.
Originally posted by imoDvoris:
You all sound like a bunch of teenage girls...pitiful waste of time for the last 53 pages.

Apologies for wasting your extremely precious time, oh great one. We shall endeavor to create much better content for you and you alone.

• captainjack
  • Info N/A
You all sound like a bunch of teenage girls...pitiful waste of time for the last 53 pages.

Apologies for wasting your extremely precious time, oh great one. We shall endeavor to create much better content for you and you alone.

Originally posted by captainjack:

Oh yeah, that's funny as hell, grow up.
Maybe you guys should chill out in here.

And sorry, imoD, that was funny.

Dude, this is a community of people that gather together to talk about things that interest them. If you don't like what is being discussed, either move on to another thread or find another web site altogether that meets your high standards. Otherwise, chill out with the high-and-mighty attitude....it's not necessary and adds nothing to the discussion.
Man...700-something posts...amazing. And for a player who most likely won't even be on the roster next year...
LMAO awesome bump! Joecool, it's time for you hop back on the Alex wagon.

Dude, this is a community of people that gather together to talk about things that interest them. If you don't like what is being discussed, either move on to another thread or find another web site altogether that meets your high standards. Otherwise, chill out with the high-and-mighty attitude....it's not necessary and adds nothing to the discussion.

yeah imoDvoris, you're the one acting like a teenage girl, being all sensitive over us bashing JTO-Suckavin. man up, this is the webzone!!

[ Edited by bigmike55 on Jan 22, 2009 at 13:20:33 ]
  • rum53
  • Veteran
With all due respect, JTO isn't as bad as his play made him out to be. I attribute most of JTO's failures to Mike Martz. Martz put the 49ers entire offense onto JTO's shoulders. Martz ran a 3 or 4 WR offense. Every other play was a 7-step drop with the occasional draw mixed.

Not very many QB's in the league, especially a journey man QB, can carry a team - I can only name a couple. When Singletary took over, he immediately influenced Martz to change his style and go to a more traditional balanced offense.

To be honest, I think all three of our QB's (Hill included) would have put up terrible numbers with the way Martz called the first half the the season. While JTO is by no means a starting-caliber QB, he is not as bad as his numbers would leave you to believe.

Originally posted by Shajarian:
I think McNolan's biggest mistake was only giving JT the vet minimum salary for one year. By doing so, the niners cannot negotiate with him until March, and he can field offers from other teams if he lights it up, or even if he just plays solid. As a result, we'll be forced to overpay in order to keep him. If we had just been slightly generous now with his pay (which is chump change), we could have had pre-negotiation rights with him prior to him being a free agent. such short sighted thinking.

In hindsight it's a good thing that they only gave JTO a one year deal at the minimum, otherwise we would have overpaid and been stuck with this turkey.

Originally posted by Jersey9er:
LMAO.

I agree JTO TRUTHFULLY SUCKS.

He does suck, but he's still better than Alex Smith.

If he just didn't:
1. Fall apart in the clutch.
2. Fumble so damn many times.
3. Throw passes to the other team.
4. Hold on to the ball for 20 seconds.

He'd be pretty good.

Setting flamethrower to "Flambe" I got your back Ghost.... This dude is toast!
Originally posted by BAD_AL:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
LMAO.

I agree JTO TRUTHFULLY SUCKS.

He does suck, but he's still better than Alex Smith.

If he just didn't:
1. Fall apart in the clutch.
2. Fumble so damn many times.
3. Throw passes to the other team.
4. Hold on to the ball for 20 seconds.

He'd be pretty good.

And this would be a good post if you didn't post any of that dumb s**t.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Setting flamethrower to "Flambe" I got your back Ghost.... This dude is toast!

Share 49ersWebzone