LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

The 2008 Rookies Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by GiGalo9er:
Being a CAL guy, it's p**ses me off to no end.

word

speaking of muff punts...
yeah, but he can be pretty sloppy too...

but we could use him, no doubt. the question is: WOULD we use him?
At least he gives us these small opportunities or relief; the TD incident and now the muffed punt. Which is going to possibly **** it up for my fantasy D.
  • JR80
  • Veteran
yeah it is frustrating to watch him play....when he drops punts!
well, in our defense 30 other teams passed on him too. Eagles got a big steal
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I'm an ASU grad. Class of '05.

He was passed on because of his height. I hate the way drafts are conducted in all sports. Size is always given way too much weight. Being a play maker is always the most important quality and DeSean Jackson is definitely a play maker.
wouldnt do anygood to have him when the QB only has 2 seconds to get the ball off.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by GiGalo9er:
Being a CAL guy, it's p**ses me off to no end.

word

right with you...he is flat out good and eventually will be a pro-bowler imo
Originally posted by 49erLifer:

He was passed on because of his height. I hate the way drafts are conducted in all sports. Size is always given way too much weight. Being a play maker is always the most important quality and DeSean Jackson is definitely a play maker.

His size was a factor but his attitude and off the field "issues" scared alot of teams away from him.

Originally posted by NorCaL9er:

His size was a factor but his attitude and off the field "issues" scared alot of teams away from him.

Call me crazy but I'd put up with a couple jerks on the roster to field a team like the Cowboys as opposed to all the nice guys we have who fvcking suck.

• 4ML
  • Veteran

Most wrs have the attitude problem. As for the off the field issues, he never got arrested, never ran into trouble with the law.
Originally posted by putangina:

Call me crazy but I'd put up with a couple jerks on the roster to field a team like the Cowboys as opposed to all the nice guys we have who fvcking suck.

i agree, NFL GM's overreact way too much over "cockiness"
desean jackson certainly is looking good....

matt ryan has been steady if not spectacular

chris horton with the skins has 3 interceptions and at least 1 fumble recovery---who had him on their pick list last april?
Share 49ersWebzone