There are 246 users in the forums

The 2008 Rookies Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
somebody cue up the "We should have drafted Royal instead of Rachal" thread.
Eddie looks great today, but I am not surprised with Shanahan as his coach and Cutler as his QB.
who the f**k were saying Eddie Royal was not a worth a second round pick?
Even though Royal is having a HUGE night, I still believe we have something very special in Josh Morgan.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Even though Royal is having a HUGE night, I still believe we have something very special in Josh Morgan.

we do but jto is no where near the level of cutler and morgan is the 4th reciever
"Patriots LB Jerod Mayo played every defensive snap against the Chiefs Sunday.
Mayo is a part of every defensive package and was the only Pats defender to go wire to wire. He's a strong bet to lead the team in tackles this season."
Source: Boston Globe

That really surprises me, a rookie LB with the Pats for all the snaps.
Originally posted by Jerry:
Jason Jones DE showing promise

"On the defensive side of the ball, rookie lineman Jason Jones got the start and made the most of his opportunity.

Jones (6-5, 275) was Tennessee's second-round draft pick and the 54th overall. He made a huge hit for a 3-yard loss against the Rams and looks to have a bright future and make the Titan defensive line even better.

"Jason (Jones) did a nice job," Fisher said. "He had a really solid week of practice. It appears that he is going to be able to help in the rotation up front at the tackle spot. It's early, but all signs indicate that there will be no drop off when we start rotating tackles."

link

"And Chris Johnson showing something for all the doubters.

Much-talked about, but yet unproven, rookie running back Chris Johnson made the Titan front office staff look like geniuses after his performance Saturday night. Tennessee's first-round draft pick rushed for 77 yards on six carries, including a 66-yarder for a touchdown in the first half."

"DT Jason Jones, who played through Sunday’s game with a brace on his left elbow, might not be 100 percent, but he was effective enough in a backup role. He had a half sack against Jacksonville and has not missed practice this week."
"At the same time, Seattle DE Lawrence Jackson, the 28th player selected this past April, had a couple of sacks, although it wasn’t enough as the Seahawks fell to 0-2 as a result of an overtime loss to San Francisco. Meanwhile, Miami DE Kendall Langford, a third round pick, had a sack for the second straight week in the Dolphins’ loss to Arizona. St. Louis DE Chris Long, the second player taken overall this year, had his first career sack in an otherwise dismal loss to the Giants, while Jacksonville DE Quentin Groves, a second rounder, also had a sack in the Jags’ loss to Buffalo."
So far its been the Deshaun show. He's earned himself a sarting role on a pretty good team.
"Undrafted rookie Davone Bess has passed Ted Ginn Jr. on the depth chart for both punt and kickoff returns.
Ginn was a productive return man last season, but the new coaching staff is guaranteeing him nothing. Bess, also Miami's slot receiver, has three catches for 21 yards through two weeks. Ginn has three grabs for 26."

"Panthers LB Dan Connor tore his ACL in the team's Week 3 loss. He will be placed on injured reserve, ending his season. He was low on the depth chart at middle linebacker, but this loss hurts on special teams and could slow Connor's development as a defensive player."

I was wondering how his season would be.

Also saw Jerome Simpson WR has not made it into the rotation but he seemed like he needed time.
Anyone else get frustrated watching this guy play? I was in disbelief when he was still on the board and we passed on him, twice.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Tell me about it. He would have been the perfect Mike Martz WR too.
Being a CAL guy, it's p**ses me off to no end.
Originally posted by GiGalo9er:
Being a CAL guy, it's p**ses me off to no end.

word
Share 49ersWebzone