LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

*****OFFICIAL NFL COMBINE SITE******

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean:
Woodyard with an excellent time of 4.54

Woodyard's second unofficial forty time was a 4.49!

Better watch out! If it is really a 4.50, people will be ready to call you out.

Originally posted by abowers1984:
Rivals.com "Risers" and "Fallers" from Sunday:

Risers:
RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas
This talented junior tailback quieted critics with a blazing 4.33 official time that was the best of the event thus far. He came in at 211 pounds and did a 33" vertical leap and a 10'8" broad jump in a fine overall performance.

RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
Powerful junior tailback had a strong showing with a 4.44 time in the 40. He did 28 reps and posted a fine 36.5-inch vertical leap that probably guarantees a spot in the middle of the first round.

RB Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois
This tough junior tailback had a very strong showing. He ran a 4.37 and 4.45 and did 26 reps of 225 pounds. He added a 33.5-inch vertical leap for good measure.

WR Devin Thomas, Michigan St.
This underclassman had a monster workout. He ran two low 4.3 times - including a 4.32 sprint. He is an explosive receiver at almost 6-2 and 215 pounds. On top of that, he also has kickoff return skills.

WR Dexter Jackson, Appalachian St
This small-college standout ran an impressive 4.27 hand-held, not electronic. He gets to top speed quickly, and has the hands to make big plays.

Fallers:
RB Mike Hart, Michigan
This short tailback ran poorly with 4.67 and 4.69 times in the 40. His Michigan pro day will be critical to his draft status. He also had a subpar 28-inch vertical leap and added 23 reps in the lifting.

WR Mario Manningham, Michigan
This junior wideout failed to impress. He ran disappointing 4.59 and 4.6 times that may cost him a first-round grade. He also did only 16 reps and an average 32-inch vertical leap. He needs a strong showing at pro day as well.

WR Adarius Bowman, Oklahoma St
This big wideout may fall as much as any prospect after a surprisingly poor overall performance. He ran a poor 4.69 40 and managed only 14 reps in the bench press. He needs to regroup at his pro day.

WR Davone Bess, Hawaii
This short underclassman ran a poor 4.69 time and only did only 12 reps in the lifting. This makes his pro day critical. He will have to improve a great deal to earn even a middle-round grade.

RB Ryan Torain, Arizona St
This large tailback needed a strong sprint event, but he ran a subpar 4.64 time at 222 pounds. In addition, he mustered only 21 reps in the bench press.

Damn I know how to pick em - sorry for tootin my own horn here but Ive been calling for Thomas with our second pick (unless we trade for Roy) since the day he declared

but anyways, back to today's happenings...

toot toot
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
Damn I know how to pick em - sorry for tootin my own horn here but Ive been calling for Thomas with our second pick (unless we trade for Roy) since the day he declared

Some mocks have us taking him at #29 so don't be surprised if he starts rising.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Originally posted by Slothrop:
UPDATE:

plan to run:
Charles, McFadden, Stewart, Jones, and Mendenhall

This is going to be a blast to watch. I would not be shocked to see McFadden as the slowest of the bunch.

why in the world would you think McFadden is the slowest of that bunch??

that really makes no sense , that is a horrible guess....

Have then run yet does anyone have the times? I would be SHOCKED if Mcfadden was not a 10th of a second faster then some of those guys.

Pwn3d big time!

McFadden's "drop" down the boards in recent weeks is yet another example of analysts having too much time on their hands. If you didn't know McFadden was blazing fast then you obviously need to re-watch the games.

How can you pwn someone when you make a predicition 4 hours after all the times have already been posted???

I did not say anyone was Pwned....

But Predicting that McFadden is really really fast , is on par with saying the Sun will rise tomorrow morning.....Its Obvious....

How anyone could look at THAT List of RBs in that post and say McFadden is the slowest is beyond me , its not even an educated guess , It had to be a typo or someone is commenting on a player that they never actually watched before.....

Saying McFadden is the Slowest on that list is exactly like perdicting the SUN will not Rise tomorrow , its an out of this world perdiction and flies in the face of conventional wisdom , and also OBVIOUSLY very very wrong , I would guess its a typo

I never stated that McFadden would be the slowest. Read my words, one by one. I stated "I would not be shocked to see McFadden as the slowest of the bunch."

Based upon listed times from their junior year, there was indication that McFadden would run much faster than the other guys.

Sorry if it hurt your feelings.

Do you spend day and night looking for me to make an assessment that is not 100% perfect? I'm sorry that I let you down.

Its not a typo?

You really thought There was a chance that he was going to be the slowest of that bunch?

really?

Actually no Mad Dog i dont read most your post you tend to be long winded with the same rehashed posts i find at other websites.

For what its worth , no body is perfect 100%of the time, I am sure you will get a run of correct stuff sooner or later to bring you back up to .500 .
Originally posted by PTulini:
Woodyard with an excellent time of 4.54

Woodyard's second unofficial forty time was a 4.49!

I DON'T CARE! I want this kid as a 49er. I may be the only one one the bandwagon, but i have a feeling about this kid! WE NEED TO DRAFT HIM!!!

If we move to more 4-3 sets, I'm with you on Woodyard as a Will/OLB. However, I'd rather have Jerod Mayo. Phillip Wheeler, Thomas Williams, Curtis Gatewood or Jameel McClain if we use more of a 3-4. All are big enough to handle the inside role in a 3-4, and versatile enough to play outside if needed.
Bruce Davis, 6'2, 252, 4.72 forty and VERY smooth in the linebacker drills. With his raw pass rush abilities, there's no doubt this kid is a legit 3-4 OLB prospect.

Geeze - he just keeps putting on weight and still maintains his speed... very impressive. Both he and Cliff Avril would be solid additions - that is, of course, if we dont sign J. Smith to play OLB (seems more and more likely)
If I drafted McFadden, I'd be tempted to see what he could do as a WR...6'1", 215 with sub 4.30 speed and excellent hands.

I know, it's crazy, but with his smaller lower frame, he might last longer in the NFL as a WR than as a RB.

That is what every one was saying the season before Bush came out. He would end up a flanker in the NFL.

I dont think its quite the same though since McFaddens running style will not really be hurt if he bulks ups.
WOODYARD AGAIN BABY! He looks sharp in the COD drills.
Originally posted by PTulini:
WOODYARD AGAIN BABY! He looks sharp in the COD drills.

I thought he was moving to SS in the nfl?
He might, I think he's added weight? 223-225ish
[ Edited by PTulini on Feb 25, 2008 at 11:19 AM ]

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:
30 bench press for Groves
20 for Sims.

I hope people will now get off the Pat Sims bandwagon. I'm telling you right now, IMO, Ahytbah Rubin in the 3rd is MUCH better value than Sims in the late 1st/early 2nd.

It is beginning to look that way. I have wanted Sims in the first AND Rubin in the fourth.

Rubin will not, it seems, be there in the fourth.

Sims does not seem to have prepared well for the combine--and that ain't good news.
UPDATE:

plan to run:

This is going to be a blast to watch. I would not be shocked to see McFadden as the slowest of the bunch.

Have then run yet does anyone have the times? I would be SHOCKED if Mcfadden was not a 10th of a second faster then some of those guys.

Pwn3d big time!

McFadden's "drop" down the boards in recent weeks is yet another example of analysts having too much time on their hands. If you didn't know McFadden was blazing fast then you obviously need to re-watch the games.

How can you pwn someone when you make a predicition 4 hours after all the times have already been posted???

But Predicting that McFadden is really really fast , is on par with saying the Sun will rise tomorrow morning.....Its Obvious....

How anyone could look at THAT List of RBs in that post and say McFadden is the slowest is beyond me , its not even an educated guess , It had to be a typo or someone is commenting on a player that they never actually watched before.....

Saying McFadden is the Slowest on that list is exactly like perdicting the SUN will not Rise tomorrow , its an out of this world perdiction and flies in the face of conventional wisdom , and also OBVIOUSLY very very wrong , I would guess its a typo

I never stated that McFadden would be the slowest. Read my words, one by one. I stated "I would not be shocked to see McFadden as the slowest of the bunch."

Based upon listed times from their junior year, there was indication that McFadden would run much faster than the other guys.

Do you spend day and night looking for me to make an assessment that is not 100% perfect? I'm sorry that I let you down.

Its not a typo?

You really thought There was a chance that he was going to be the slowest of that bunch?

really?

Actually no Mad Dog i dont read most your post you tend to be long winded with the same rehashed posts i find at other websites.

For what its worth , no body is perfect 100%of the time, I am sure you will get a run of correct stuff sooner or later to bring you back up to .500 .

Who are you? That's right. Nobody cares.

I'm sorry that you are so insecure.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 25, 2008 at 11:27 AM ]
UPDATE:

plan to run:

Pwn3d big time!

Its not a typo?

really?

Nice post edit.

I am a poster on this website...the same as you are.

What could I possibly be Insecure about?

Your really trying hard to take some personal offense , when frankly Maddog , I really dont care.

You dont wanna give some insight on what could possibly lead you to think there was a chance McFadden would be the slowest of that group.... thats cool......
UPDATE:

plan to run:

Pwn3d big time!

Its not a typo?

really?

Nice post edit.

I am a poster on this website...the same as you are.

What could I possibly be Insecure about?

Your really trying hard to take some personal offense , when frankly Maddog , I really dont care.

You dont wanna give some insight on what could possibly lead you to think there was a chance McFadden would be the slowest of that group.... thats cool......

Wow, is all the hostility really needed?
Dshearn, unless you can prove that you stated prior to his run that he was going to be the fastest you sure are immature and foolish for trying to rub it in :P

You sound just like that stick figure "Someone is wrong on the Internet!" LOL.

So, McFadden is fast in the 40--is that going to equate to success in the NFL production wise?

Remember, his junior year, he was stopped 40 times at (16) or behind (24) the LOS.

Err Junior :)
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Feb 25, 2008 at 11:50 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone