There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*****OFFICIAL NFL COMBINE SITE******

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
In his press conference today, Harvey stated he wants to run linebacker drills, and is looking for the coaches to give him the green light.

I think someone got the middle digit wrong in his weight, and he's at 271 instead of 291. It wouldn't make sense for him to even attempt to do LB drills at 291.

i was just as confused as everyone else. 291 sounded CRAZY. im suddenly starting to get real interested in this kid. has merling done anything yet??

NFL | D. Harvey measures in at NFL Combine
Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:36:33 -0800

University of Florida DE Derrick Harvey measured in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine with a height of 6-foot-4 5/8 and a weight of 291 pounds.

Seems to be a lot of conflicting reports on his weight right now between 271 and 291
In his press conference today, Harvey stated he wants to run linebacker drills, and is looking for the coaches to give him the green light.

I think someone got the middle digit wrong in his weight, and he's at 271 instead of 291. It wouldn't make sense for him to even attempt to do LB drills at 291.

i was just as confused as everyone else. 291 sounded CRAZY. im suddenly starting to get real interested in this kid. has merling done anything yet??

University of Florida DE Derrick Harvey measured in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine with a height of 6-foot-4 5/8 and a weight of 291 pounds.

The guy posting the numbers for KFFL, or whoever KFFL is getting their info, must be drinking a lot of alcohol today. Trevor Laws is listed at 6'3 3/4", which is not even close. The other listing I have have for Laws today is at 6'1. In most pre-combine publications, Laws is listed at 6'2.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 23, 2008 at 1:47 PM ]
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:

Just weighed in, I didn't see his height but he weighed 276....right where I thought he would be I'm excited!

dude...we need to do everything we can to take this guy. that is the perfect size!

wow theres been a lot of sources saying hes at 291 or 271...hmm, but if he wanted to run some linebacker drills, i see him at 271.
  • nbbarone
  • Info N/A
Jerry Rice teaching our future WR?

DeSean Jackson Interview

Just weighed in, I didn't see his height but he weighed 276....right where I thought he would be I'm excited!

dude...we need to do everything we can to take this guy. that is the perfect size!

Many will view this size as too big however I tend to agree with Madden when it comes to linemen and LB's(I don't think it applies to DB's as much)."as the game goes on the smaller quick players wear down but the bigger players don't get any smaller"
Originally posted by nbbarone:
Jerry Rice teaching our future WR?

DeSean Jackson Interview

yea i read the article a couple days ago, but with his size, theres a possibility of him being selected in the 20s of the first round. but if he runs the 40 in 4.2, then he could be the first WR selected in the draft. plus the fact that jerry rice had nothing but good things to say about him, thats always a positive.

Many will view this size as too big however I tend to agree with Madden when it comes to linemen and LB's(I don't think it applies to DB's as much)."as the game goes on the smaller quick players wear down but the bigger players don't get any smaller"

im tellin u, if he runs the 40 at a respectable 4.7, he could play that OLB position and be a beast at pass-rushing. i just wanna see him do some coverage drills.
  • nbbarone
  • Info N/A
Early Doucet says he'll run in the 4.4's at his pro day.

Video interview. Seems like a nice kid.
  • nbbarone
  • Info N/A
My boy Okam interview. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

Video Interview

im tellin u, if he runs the 40 at a respectable 4.7, he could play that OLB position and be a beast at pass-rushing. i just wanna see him do some coverage drills.

I'm sure that we are not the only ones that wants to see him in coverage drills, probably a lot of teams will be lining up to watch him in them....I am still a little worried how fast he will run but if he can do well in the 40 he will be a top 15 pick IMO.
Originally posted by nbbarone:
Early Doucet says he'll run in the 4.4's at his pro day.

Video interview. Seems like a nice kid.

he needs to get healthy. i was upset that he didnt want to perform in the combine.

The guy posting the numbers for KFFL, or whoever KFFL is getting their info, must be drinking a lot of alcohol today. Trevor Laws is listed at 6'3 3/4", which is not even close. The other listing I have have for Laws today is at 6'1. In most pre-combine publications, Laws is listed at 6'2.

You could be right, but NFL Network also listed Harvey as 291, so if anyone has it wrong, it's probably them (and other outlets are just reporting what they've been given).

You could be right, but NFL Network also listed Harvey as 291, so if anyone has it wrong, it's probably them (and other outlets are just reporting what they've been given).

I think what has happened is an incorrect listing by the NFL Network. In an interview, he stated he was 271.

I'm sure that we are not the only ones that wants to see him in coverage drills, probably a lot of teams will be lining up to watch him in them....I am still a little worried how fast he will run but if he can do well in the 40 he will be a top 15 pick IMO.

has there been anything interesting about tommy blake?