There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Draft Value Chart with Calculator (see bottom of chart for calculator)

Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by philmo:
If ninerphan's numbers are correct here is our highlighted picks


That can't be correct, we have two 3rd round picks.

yeah but they cant be traded...therefore no trade value.

Not sure if correct but according to NFL.com's draft tracker...

we have the 5th, 11th, and 25th pick in the 4th rounds. #100, #106, and #120.



DRAFT TRACKER
  • Jesus
  • Member
  • Posts: 6,102
we could trade our 4th(124), 4th(110) and 3rd(76) and get philly's 2nd(57)
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Hmmm, a move from the 11th to 9th spot is almost exactly equivalent to our 1st + 4th round pick.

Yup. In fact, I think the simplest way for us to trade up would be any combination of a pick + a 4th. Using the high Redskins 4th, we could go from:

11 to 9

42 to ~33

76 to ~59

I like 76 to 59
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by philmo:
If ninerphan's numbers are correct here is our highlighted picks


That can't be correct, we have two 3rd round picks.

yeah but they cant be traded...therefore no trade value.

Not sure if correct but according to NFL.com's draft tracker...

we have the 5th, 11th, and 25th pick in the 4th rounds. #100, #106, and #120.



DRAFT TRACKER

1 11
2 42
3 76
3 97
4 104
4 110
4 124
4 135
5 147
6 186

I got this off that link.

They must've adjusted it. Plenty of picks either way.
IMO, all pick for pick trades are Draft day decissions, depending on what palyers on McNolan's ranking board fall down or get taken. However, I can see 3 possibilities:

(1) Moving from #42 to #33 (for a 4th RD#104) if Jarrett drops to 2nd RD

(2) Moving into another 2nd Rd pick #59 (for our 3rd#76 and a 4th#104)
* If we use first two picks on D to get WR, or DL(1) WR(2) to get a quality LB or OL

(3) Wild card:
Trading back to GB #15 in 1st, for a 3rd Rd #78.
Use our 2nd Rd #42(480)/3rd Rd #78(200) for 1st Rd #27(680)
Use our 3rd Rd #76(210)/4th Rd #104(86) for 2nd Rd#59(300) (dolphins have two 2nd Rd picks)

1st - #15 #27
2nd - #59
3rd - #97(comp)
4th - #110 #124 #135(comp)
5th - #137
6th - #186

We get two first rounders and only loose one 4th Rd pick and one 3rd RD pick
[ Edited by Sactown49er on Apr 13, 2007 at 6:59 PM ]
  • Sharkbait
  • Info N/A
nvm
[ Edited by Sharkbait on Apr 15, 2007 at 8:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Sactown49er:
IMO, all pick for pick trades are Draft day decissions, depending on what palyers on McNolan's ranking board fall down or get taken. However, I can see 3 possibilities:

(1) Moving from #42 to #33 (for a 4th RD#104) if Jarrett drops to 2nd RD

(2) Moving into another 2nd Rd pick #59 (for our 3rd#76 and a 4th#104)
* If we use first two picks on D to get WR, or DL(1) WR(2) to get a quality LB or OL

(3) Wild card:
Trading back to GB #15 in 1st, for a 3rd Rd #78.
Use our 2nd Rd #42(480)/3rd Rd #78(200) for 1st Rd #27(680)
Use our 3rd Rd #76(210)/4th Rd #104(86) for 2nd Rd#59(300) (dolphins have two 2nd Rd picks)

1st - #15 #27
2nd - #59
3rd - #97(comp)
4th - #110 #124 #135(comp)
5th - #137
6th - #186

We get two first rounders and only loose one 4th Rd pick and one 3rd RD pick
gb has the 16th pick pit has the 15th
  • JoseCuervo
  • Info N/A
Who ever came up with this value chart anyways? Do GM's actually go by these things? What's the use?
Originally posted by JoseCuervo:
Who ever came up with this value chart anyways? Do GM's actually go by these things? What's the use?

Out trade last season for Lawson added up just as shown so I think its pretty accurate for the most part.
  • mgbrl49
  • Info N/A
is there a value for trading into the future?
such as: is todays 4th round pic worth next years 6th round pic?
  • MW9er
  • Info N/A
Good info, Kolohe...thanks!
kolohoe, thanks man. Ps: I still got a check for you or your associates to help pay for running the website. Please give me an address and nmae where i can mail it and to whom. No, i do not use paypal--had a bad experience. Thanx
http://footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm

For example, if we traded our 1st and 3rd for PHI's 2 #1s, it would be an even trade for us. I could actually see that trade going down if one of the 4 blue chip OTs are still there at #10 (Smith, Oher, Smith, and Monroe). We could take Clint Sintim (OLB) and BJ Raji with those two picks and pick up RB Donald Brown or PR/KR/WR/RB Derrick Williams with the 2nd rounder.

[ Edited by nickbradley on Jan 10, 2009 at 14:59:11 ]
  • junebug9er
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by nickbradley:
http://footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm

For example, if we traded our 1st and 3rd for PHI's 2 #1s, it would be an even trade for us. I could actually see that trade going down if one of the 4 blue chip OTs are still there at #10 (Smith, Oher, Smith, and Monroe). We could take Clint Sintim (OLB) and BJ Raji with those two picks and pick up RB Donald Brown or PR/KR/WR/RB Derrick Williams with the 2nd rounder.

I can dig that. Raji would be a great pick.
Originally posted by junebug9er:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
http://footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm

For example, if we traded our 1st and 3rd for PHI's 2 #1s, it would be an even trade for us. I could actually see that trade going down if one of the 4 blue chip OTs are still there at #10 (Smith, Oher, Smith, and Monroe). We could take Clint Sintim (OLB) and BJ Raji with those two picks and pick up RB Donald Brown or PR/KR/WR/RB Derrick Williams with the 2nd rounder.

I can dig that. Raji would be a great pick.

Everybody thinks Raji is going to go at the top of the draft, but I don't. He'll probably end up in the late 1st or early 2nd, just like NG Alan Branch did 2 years ago. Most teams run a 4-3 and the demand for a true noseguard just isn't that high. Branch has been struggling in a 4-3 down in AZ because he has to make tackles. A true NG in a 3-4 Defense EATS blockers and little else -- which is why Haynesworth WILL NOT go to a team that runs a 3-4.