LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 267 users in the forums

Kiper's Mock

I think Lynch will be replaced by Tank in a 4-3. Aldon -Dorsey-Williams-Tank.
Too many people think kaep is a 10yr vet......he haven't even played the 3 to 4 yrs required to develope into a good qb damn give the kid a break
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I say Justin to stay for 2 more years and the line up will be:

DE (Justin/Tank) DT (Dorsey/Dial) DT (Williams/Jerrod) DE (Aldon/Lynch)
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
Too many people think kaep is a 10yr vet......he haven't even played the 3 to 4 yrs required to develope into a good qb damn give the kid a break

Indeed.

Tom Brady was still basically a game-manager at that point in his career.
This seems to happen almost every year...Kiper and a host of others think Baalke will take a WR in the 1st rd. I don't think TB will do that, for a couple of reasons. The first is he won't ignore the DL...not with Ray Mac gone and Justin not a sure thing to return. Even if JS doesn't retire, now's the time to draft a stud DL. For me, picking at #15, it's Eddie Goldman. Second reason is he may still feel snakebit from the 2012 draft.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
This seems to happen almost every year...Kiper and a host of others think Baalke will take a WR in the 1st rd. I don't think TB will do that, for a couple of reasons. The first is he won't ignore the DL...not with Ray Mac gone and Justin not a sure thing to return. Even if JS doesn't retire, now's the time to draft a stud DL. For me, picking at #15, it's Eddie Goldman. Second reason is he may still feel snakebit from the 2012 draft.

Logical and I wouldn't doubt it. Still hoping for White n the first and a DL in the second. Not sold on Goldman...but I haven't done a lot of video study. I think the DL might be pretty well set if they intend to move to a 4/3, if not I'd sitll like a true NT...and I like Shelton better than Goldman for that. Also hoping to see J Smith back for another year or two.

RE J Smith---Williams---Dorsey---Carradine

Backups: Lynch, A Smith, Dial, Jerod-Eddie, Purcell, Ramsey and Okoye...last three are iffy but may develop.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Logical and I wouldn't doubt it. Still hoping for White n the first and a DL in the second. Not sold on Goldman...but I haven't done a lot of video study. I think the DL might be pretty well set if they intend to move to a 4/3, if not I'd sitll like a true NT...and I like Shelton better than Goldman for that. Also hoping to see J Smith back for another year or two.

Backups: Lynch, A Smith, Dial, Jerod-Eddie, Purcell, Ramsey and Okoye...last three are iffy but may develop.

Aldon a backup?!
Originally posted by Nalo9er:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Aldon a backup?!

Until he gets through an off season without doing something stupid I don't want to count on him. He and Lynch are similar players and can rotate...if they are good enough to both start at DE then fine. If J Smith returns though I just can't imagine taking him out of DE...unless they move him inside, which I don't see happening.

The good news is there is a lot of talent here and some long shots (Ramsey and Okoye) who could jump up and make the DL even scarier.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Your comparing Brady to Kap???

Pretty sure for the most part Marshall/Jeffery made Cutler a ton of cash

We need play makers and I'm all for working on the offense in the draft. Give me a WR with on the 1st 2 picks.....WR/DL for me.

Very true. SD is definitely not in the right when considering what you said. Not every qb is a Brady Bree's manning. Kap needs more help with wrs getting open and seperation and great wrs make qbs look better than they are. See cutler, Eli
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
We're gonna lose Iupati and maybe J Smith. We're gonna have to draft linemen.

Yep, more fat guys. All depends on what they decide to do scheme wise particularly on D.

If we're using a 4-3 hopefully we can find the new BY. Otherwise a 5 tech DE is the way. I think we have enough competition at G to resolve Iupati's spot this year. would draft later 3rd or 4th round.

At WR we need speed. 2nd or 3rd round should be prosperous.

Eddie Goldman or Danny Shelton aren't bad picks. There is still Tyler Lockett, Phillip Dorsett, Devin Smoith, Ty Montgomery, etc later on. And even though I prefer Kevin White in the first going DL in the first may give us the best combination of talent (taking one of the speedy receivers later) throughout the entire draft.
Green Bay and Pittsburgh have the formula on how to bring in receivers. Draft a 2nd or 3rd rounder every year. Unless it's an elite prospect I wouldn't pull the trigger on a receiver because the 2nd round is always loaded. We also have Patton and Ellington for depth purposes who really just never got a fair chance under Harbaugh.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
aj jenkins name in a gold envelope = baalkes talent for wr evaluation
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
speaking of drafts, can you believe we brought in edelman for a pre-draft workout/interview and didn't draft him? geez, most people on here knew of his high school/jc exploits and knew he was a baller.
complete fail to not see him even as a 5th or 6th round guy back then. he had it all, except height and position experience, but it was easy to see some "it" factor there.

still pissed.
I think the draft will boil down to strengths at various rounds. There are a few good DTs who are currently rated in the 1st and 3rd rounds but not in the second. If the drop off is greater than the drop off for WRs 1st (many good guys) to 2nd (where there are a few good WRs) then they will likely go DT in the 1st and WR in the 2nd. As much as I would like to see White on the niners it might be better to wait and take Montgomery or Agholor.

So:
1st: DT Shelton/DT Goldman
2nd: WR Agholor/WR Montgomery
3rd: OG Tre Jackson/OT Tomlinson
or
1st: WR White/WR Parker
2nd: OG Cann/OT Sambrailo
3rd: DT Cooper/DT Davis
Share 49ersWebzone