LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 474 users in the forums

2014 NFL Combine

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
5'9', 197 with 9 5/8" hands.

He's got a very solid frame, combine that with his skills as a receiver and having played basketball at a high level, I feel like he can be a very good NFL player.

Does he have orangutan arms, though? We don't draft WR's before the 4th round unless they can scratch their feet without bending over.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Buchy:
Sorry dude but pfizz is right, his first pic is 4% body fat and Ryan Reynolds was most definitely not 3% bf for Blade Trinity, that figure is on the verge of actually killing yourself.

You need to realise that bodyfat measurements include the non sub-cutaneous fat - e.g. all the fat that cushions your joints, ligaments, organs etc.

I do realize that. He's the one who got literal with it.

Disputing individual claims is asinine. multiple "fitness mags" did interviews with him and the trainer from that movie. Even if you factor in the subcutaneous fat he was still below 8 which is equal to what Benjamin is under this same context.

If you say that regarding Vernon's claim of being at 3-4% and add another 3-4% for subcutaneous he is still a freak.

My entire point is that individual body types portray and carry BFP and muscular structures differently from person to person, especially when you factor in the activities that the individuals are involved with.

A body builder doesn't need to develop the quick twitch, lean but dense muscles that athletes develop. They focus on shape and size, depending on the competition go in completely different directions than professional athletes.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
ANYWAY....................

Back to football this isn't a damn weight lifting forum...........
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Perhaps we can take the physiology conversation to another forum and keep to NFL combine discussions.

Agreed ^_^

Is anything being televised today? I'm not near a TV and can't find anything on nfl.com to indicate that it is on air.

Just press conferences. The real stuff starts tomorrow morning.

Thanks man. Too bad I'm going to be working tomorrow.....setting the DVR when I get home.
Greg Robinson with 32 reps on the bench
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

Didn't he have freak arms? Would you say that is an acceptable or fantastic # for his arm length?
29 reps for Taylor Lewan (6'7", 309).
  • Buchy
  • Veteran

Didn't he have freak arms? Would you say that is an acceptable or fantastic # for his arm length?

Not sure what his arm length is - but the Baalke interview earlier was really interesting, he confirmed his fetish for long arms on linemen

34" seems to be the magic number so he could be on our board if he has arms that lenngth+
[ Edited by Buchy on Feb 21, 2014 at 1:01 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Buchy:

Not sure what his arm length is - but the Baalke interview earlier was really interesting, he confirmed his fetish for long arms on linemen

Man he's always going to go for guys with long arms, even a position existed where it was a priority to be short armed he'd pick the guy with yardsticks for arms. Most of our future deals/camp body guys have arms about an inch or 2 longer than the average for their height. If they don't they have speed on their side.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 21, 2014 at 1:00 PM ]

That's CRAZY for his arm length. Physics is not your friend on the bench with long arms. He is doing much more physical work than a shorter armed player. Of course, if he has a seqouia trunk for a chest, he's getting a break at the most difficult portion of the range, IMO. Haven's seen the guy in spandex yet, so I don't know.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

That's CRAZY for his arm length. Physics is not your friend on the bench with long arms. He is doing much more physical work than a shorter armed player. Of course, if he has a seqouia trunk for a chest, he's getting a break at the most difficult portion of the range, IMO. Haven's seen the guy in spandex yet, so I don't know.

Thats what I thought. I remember him having like 34" arms IIRC. Seeing what Ghost just posted with Lewan's #s, again IIRC he had somewhat shorter arms, just reinforces how well Robinson is going to perform.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 21, 2014 at 1:03 PM ]

Ironic that the bench is the only test being performed today, but I get what you mean.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Ironic that the bench is the only test being performed today, but I get what you mean.

lol. Definitely right.
Does he have orangutan arms, though? We don't draft WR's before the 4th round unless they can scratch their feet without bending over.

Maybe not quite orangutan arms but his arms look long enough to me for his frame. As Phoenix said his basketball ability will work really well with his football skills. If we could somehow get him in the 4th round similar to Patton last year I'd be doing backflips.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Vance-McDonald-Quinton-Patton-to-Expand-Roles/a2153711-f205-4289-8a2c-b0f9561f8996

This is more draft related and not combine but this is why I think we should be focusing on 3rd round WRs, no early than our own 2nd, when watching WRs this weekend.

Yea Harbaugh loves competition but if we have another 1st round WR sit on the bench for year I'll lose my mind. Even if he is meant to replace Crabtree or Boldin it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But knowing how the world works were going to end up taking a WR first now
Share 49ersWebzone