J.C. Copeland-FB-5'11", 271

Storm Johnson-6'0", 209

Silas Redd-5'10", 212.

Trey Millard-6'2", 247
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Benjamin with only 4% body fat

lol no Alshon fat controversy 2.0 with him.

That does kind of scare me though. You can't live at 4.0 body fat year round, it would require OCD level eating habits and strict monitoring by a physician along with coupled with the intense NFL work outs....Edit: So he truly has NFL level work ethic or he is going to jump right back up to his normal weight after the combine.

4% BFP at 240 means he's be'd be tipping 250 if he gets up near 10%+ BFP which I would call normal for a skill position player in the NFL.

But then again he would essentially just be what Vernon will be when he loses a step. As Vernon is 6'3" 250 and runs in the 4.4s...wonder what VD's BFP is lol.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 21, 2014 at 12:14 PM ]
  • pfizz
guy is way off. no way he's at 4% bf. pro bodybuilders train for months to come in that ripped for shows and lose it after shows because it's not sustainable. he's somewhere sub 10 but not 4.
[ Edited by pfizz on Feb 21, 2014 at 12:02 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pfizz:
guy is way off. no way he's at 4% bf. pro bodybuilders train for months to come in that ripped for shows and lose it after shows because it's not sustainable. he's somewhere sub 10 but not 4.

That is what I'm saying. IF it is true that KB is at that BFP he did it because his agents instructed him to do so. To avoid a "He's fat claim". There is no way he's going to sustain that weight going forward if that is his real BFP.
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Cooks says he has a meeting scheduled with the 49ers tonight.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Cooks says he has a meeting scheduled with the 49ers tonight.

wooo.

Also to my point....Google is my friend. Vernon's BFP is 4%.

So I won't discount KB's BFP sustainability just yet. Vernon is a freak and he works out and does yoga multiple times a day to compensate for such a low BFP. IF Benjamin has that same work ethic and dedication he'll be just fine.

Hell him and Vernon could be training buddies.
let the bench pressing.....BEGIN
  • pfizz
Originally posted by sfout:
wooo.

So I won't discount KB's BFP sustainability just yet. Vernon is a freak and he works out and does yoga multiple times a day to compensate for such a low BFP. IF Benjamin has that same work ethic and dedication he'll be just fine.

lol vernon davis is not 4%. 4% bodyfat is extremely vascular, shredded glutes, paper thin skin, etc

this is what 4% body fat looks like
http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/resources/alberto_shredded400.jpg

this is more like 8-10%. vernon barely has any visible abs, still "soft looking", etc.
http://cdnl.complex.com/m.php/CHANNEL_IMAGES/SPORTS/2013/09/the-craziest-tattoos-in-nfl-history/nngmm_vernon_718485.jpg

trust me i work with and train with pro bodybuilders.
[ Edited by pfizz on Feb 21, 2014 at 12:22 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:

Nice to see speedy WRs are on the 49ers agenda.

• sfout
  • Veteran
wooo.

lol vernon davis is not 4%. 4% bodyfat is extremely vascular, shredded glutes, paper thin skin, etc

this is more like 8-10%. vernon barely has any visible abs, still "soft looking", etc.
http://cdnl.complex.com/m.php/CHANNEL_IMAGES/SPORTS/2013/09/the-craziest-tattoos-in-nfl-history/nngmm_vernon_718485.jpg

trust me i work with and train pro bodybuilders.

That first picture is blatantly roids and likely taken with him severely dehydrated. All body types are different and show differently at different BFPs.

Ryan Reynolds. Yes, the actor was at 3% BFP for Blade Trinity. He looked nothing like that top photo. It is all in how you get to that % and what your goal is with your body type. Also if you goal is to just cut weight to get to said BFP or if you are attempting to add 20-25 pounds of muscle while being at such an extremely low BFP.

I'd trust Vernon to not lie about himself when he knows how important his brand is, he's a workout freak as well, does things like this in the gym.

Vernon Davis is a 6'3, 253 lb. tight end with just 4% percent body fat. Coming out of Maryland for the 2006 NFL Draft, Davis ran a 4.38 40-yard dash with a 42-inch vertical leap. He also did 33 reps on the 225 lb. bench press.In high school, Davis ran a 10.7 second 100-meter dash and high jumped 6'5" on the track and field team.

When he got to college, the assistant strength coach bet Davis that he couldn't beat his 425-pound bench press record. Davis not only broke the bench press record at Maryland, but all five others, too. He did a 585-pound squat, a 355-pound power clean, 4.44 seconds in the 40-yard dash and a 38-inch vertical leap, doing this all at 242 lbs. He broke every tight end record as a true freshman.

As a sophomore, Davis broke all six of the records he'd set the year before. Then, as a junior, he broke all of his records again, with a 460-pound bench, 685-pound squat, 355-pound clean, 4.41 40-yard dash and a 40-inch vertical leap at 256 lbs.In the gym, Davis does things like six reps of 405 lbs. on the bench, three reps of 355 lbs. on power cleans and 10 reps of 525 lbs. on squats. He's a true gym rat and workout warrior.

http://www.muscleprodigy.com/the-top-25-most-athletic-freaks-of-all-time-arcl-1124.html

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/bodyissue2013vernondavis/san-francisco-49ers-tight-end-vernon-davis-buff-2013-body-issue-espn-magazine

Back to issue at hand.....I posted early that we drafted or signed 6 or 7 of the 37 players we met with during last years "draft season". I believe it was a similar ratio in 2012 as well so it'll be interesting to see if we follow that same ratio.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 21, 2014 at 12:32 PM ]
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Benjamin with only 4% body fat

WTF they measure that too? He weighed in at 240 too. That's crazy. Vernon Davis esque of weight and body fat %.
  • pfizz
lol "roids" and "severely dehydrated". i can tell you have no idea what you're talking about so I won't even bother.
[ Edited by pfizz on Feb 21, 2014 at 12:32 PM ]
No shot he's at 4% lol.

but hes the exact size of calvin johnson! Doubt he runs/jumps as well though
wooo.

trust me i work with and train with pro bodybuilders.

Vernon looks soft? You must be kidding, dude. Vernon is a machine. NFL athletes are routinely well- (or even over) hydrated, filling out the gaps in their form, and greatly decreasing the appearance of vascularity. One's hydration level does not influence their body fat percentage (due to neutral buouancy), but it greatly affects their appearance. I played at 5-6% and 240lbs in college (for my first three years; I got injured and FAT my last year), and I didn't look like a body builder at any point. Elite ballistic athletes (explosive sprints vs marathons) often have denser muscle tissue (function over form), with a decreased % of stored brown fat tissue (what makes dark meat dark), which decreases body fat %, without affecting appearance.
Share 49ersWebzone