LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Give Me Your Ideal 1st - 3rd Round Mini Mock

Just for fun but try to be some what realistic. If you want you can list 2-4 options for each spot or list 1 it's up to you. If you want to fill out more than 1 (rounds 1-3 mini mock) and change the order of the positions we take you can do that. If you aren't familiar enough with the draft just fill out the position you would take instead of a player. You can also do a mix put a player, then position, position if you aren't comfortable enough with round 2 and 3 or whatever. If you want to give a background on why you took the pick there (give brief bit on FA: who is re-signed and not re-signed).

3. Goldson Comp? - Throw it in if you want although no guarantee we get it. If you don't want to put one in then you don't have to.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 17, 2013 at 8:06 AM ]
i'll play:

1. Darqueze Dennard, CB

2a. Davante Adams, WR or Odell Beckham, WR

2b. Travis Swanson, C/G

3a. DaQuan Jones, NT/DT

3b. Shayne Skov, LB

3c (comp). Ahmad Dixon, S

edit: updated mine on page 6
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 15, 2014 at 1:48 AM ]
round 1...gilbert or dennard..either 1 we all agree on..
round 2...adams or strong or Benjamin..this all depends on who declares..
round 2...either o-line or ss..so ill go either gabe Jackson or loston/bailey/Dixon
round 3...same o-line or ss..so ill go either bryan stork or loston/bailey/Dixon
round 3...im thinking BPA on defense who can be a special teams star..so ill go Christian jones or jeremiah attaochu
round 3...definitely a back up qb..so ill go with tajh boyd..would be aaron murray but no more injured picks please
Round 1 Davante Adams WR Fresno St - WR is a bigger need and the CB class is much deeper
Round 2a Kyle Fuller CB VA Tech - great value pick in the late 2nd round
Round 2b Ahmad Dixon SS Baylor - another solid addition to our talented secondary
Round 3a Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss - more depth at WR
Round 3b Tyler Larsen C/OG Utah St. - new pivot for our offensive line
Round 3c Jeremiah Attaochu OLB Georgia Tech - pass rusher and insurance for Aldon
1+3b. Marqise Lee WR- Replaces Manningham
2a+2b. Bradley Roby CB- Replaces Brown
3a. Gabe Jackson OG- Future replacement for Iupati
3c. Tajh Boyd QB- Backup QB

Re-sign Boldin, Wright, Whitner
Drop Rogers
[ Edited by ESWYoung08 on Dec 17, 2013 at 10:43 AM ]
Trade Iupati to Buffalo Bills (1st need is LG) with Niners' 2nd round KC pick
1a Sammy Watkins WR
1b (32) Justin Gilbert CB
2a (traded)
Trade #64 and #96 for Xavier Su'a Filo/Zack Martin OG
3a Beau Allen NT
3b (traded)
3c Robert Herron WR
Trade 1st and 3rd to move up,

1.Bradley Roby CB

Trade both 2nds to move back in the first

1b. Davante Adams WR

3. Jimmy Garoppolo QB (likely he is snatched up before here)

3.(comp) Jalen Saunders. WR
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Trade 1st and 3rd to move up,

1.Bradley Roby CB

Trade both 2nds to move back in the first

1b. Davante Adams WR

3. Jimmy Garoppolo QB (likely he is snatched up before here)

3.(comp) Jalen Saunders. WR

currently, it doesn't even look like we'd have to move up for Roby. he's been ranked below Dennard, Gilbert, and even Ifo
1 - Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
2 (traded with 1 for higher 1)
2 - Deone Bucannon, SS, Wash. State
3 - Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
3 - Louchiez Purifoy, CB, Florida
3 - Keith McGill, CB, Utah
4 - Gabe Jackson, OG, Miss. State

Next year we take a starting OG to replace Iupati, unless he takes a proper contract amount per year (3 mill tops). I would also extend Boone. Crabtree walks as well, which is irrelevant because we just took a true #1.

Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
1a Sammy Watkins WR
2a (traded)
3a Beau Allen NT
3b (traded)
3c Robert Herron WR

• buck
  • Veteran
It is hard to do this without seeing what happens in free agency, but here is my best effort.
I do not think the first 4 picks need any explanation.

1. Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma St 6-0 200

2. Davante Adams WR Fresno State 6-2 205

2. *Xavier Su'a-Filo OG UCLA 6-3 305

3. Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss 6-2 226

3. Pierre Desir CB Lindenwood 6-1 205
In the last two years, Desir has defended 30 passes—17 passes broken up and 13 picks.

3 Jonathan Dowling FS/SS Western Kentucky 6-3 198
In the last two years, Dowling has defended 23 passes—with 9 picks, has forced 8 fumbles, has 135 tackles with 4 tackles for a loss.

This will change as we move forward.
1. Darqueze Dennard CB
2. Brandin Cooks WR
2. Kelvin Benjamin WR
3. Aaron Donald DL
3. Antone Exum CB/S
3. Tajh Boyd QB (I think he falls)
[ Edited by mkary12 on Dec 17, 2013 at 2:36 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
1a Sammy Watkins WR
2a (traded)
3a Beau Allen NT
3b (traded)
3c Robert Herron WR

Not sure I like giving up a 2nd plus Iupati to get Watkins but as for Iupati if they don't feel they can extend him might be worth it to at least look into trading him. If you waited until next year before the trade deadline his value would be much lower since he would be a FA in a few months. As for LG I think we could put Boone (probably our best OL) at tackle and he'd be as good as or better than Davis and maybe Staley. Could probably play LG similar to how good Iupati plays it. Then fill in RG which is the easiest of the group to do so. That being said it's highly unlikely and we would look into tagging him in 2015 if we couldn't get him re-signed. I think he's having his worst year but he's been banged up all season long. I wouldn't pay him anymore than 5 years, 35-40 although 5, 30-35 is ideal. No way am I shelling out 50-60 I'd rather use that for guys like Crabtree and Aldon (assuming he stays out of trouble). Side note with Iupati he wants to be here, he's close with the other OL, it's the closest he can get to American Samoa for distance relatives but think his family lives in central Cal area, he came from humble beginnings it's really a matter of if his agent gets in his head and gets in the way. It's up to Mike to say to his agent get it done I'll take less to stay here. Otherwise, his agent will play the #'s game and say well well this team paid this person this much which in my words equals "stupid team A paid 60 mil (overpaid) in free agency because they cant build through the draft and stupid team b paid 55 to this person because they don't know how to run a team." That's usually what it comes down to. Wat the hell is the difference between 40 and 50 million (dont say 10 mil), take less stay where you want to be and stay on a winning team. Don't get greedy or let your agent or ego get in the way. So what if this person got that much they were overpaid.

Idaho, you must be a big fan of Roby's to trade a 3rd to move up to get him. You're more of an expert than I am but right now looks like we could probably stay put and get him if we wanted to. I think Dennard and maybe Gilbert jump him... possibly Ekpre-Olomu. Either way if we are taking CB late round 1 I feel pretty good that we can get a good one and should have a few choices left between Dennard, Gilbert, Verrett, Roby and Ekpre-Olomu. Some other guys might come into player as well.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 17, 2013 at 2:45 PM ]
1a Sammy Watkins WR
2a (traded)
3a Beau Allen NT
3b (traded)
3c Robert Herron WR

That would be insane if we stole Sammy Watkins and Justin Gilbert in this draft. The rest would be just gravy. Watkins is the superstar of this draft imo.
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 17, 2013 at 2:46 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone