Round 2a Traded for Sammy Watkins
Round 2b Traded for Sammy Watkins
Round 3a Traded for Sammy Watkins
Round 3b Traded for Sammy Watkins
Round 3c Traded for Sammy Watkins

Will not happen.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
1. Dennard CB (trade 1st, 3rd and 5th) to move up to pick 12

1b. Kelvin Benjamin WR (trade both 2nds and 3rd) to move to mid-late first. Yes he'll be a first rounder if he declares, he may not even be there mid first.

3.comp Dion Bailey or Ahmad Dixon or Deone Bucannon SS in that order depending on who's there

this would be perfect..so say this happens and we assume dennard starts...is culliver our nickel..?
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
If we are taking any kind of ILB it has to be Borland from Wisconsin. Turnover machine. Just flat out a ballplayer.

Him and Abbrederis are the types of guys you want on your team. I don't think we will take an ILB unless we don't re-sign Wilhoite and Borland would go to early for us. He should go in rounds 2-3 and have a chance to start not be stuck behind Bowman and Willis. Jacob Pedersen could be next great Wisconsin TE.. Daniels and Graham are doing well. Beckum didnt work out. They have had a great streak of tight ends at Wisconsin these past 10+ years. The other Badger I like is Melvin Gordon but the secret is out on him. Before the popular comparison was made when I first watched him run I thought Jamal Charles. Won't likely have his career but he might be the lite version. Anyways, I wouldn't mind if we took Abbrederis in the late 2nd as our #3 to compete with Patton for the slot with Crabtree and Boldin 1/2. Borland probably won't happen.

And to all I am not sure I see NT, maybe DE. I see our DL being McDonald, Dorsey, Smith, Carradine, Williams (backup NT/backup de?), TJE (backup NT/de?) Quinton Dial (backup NT), mid round pick? If we go 7 would be enough to not draft anyone and let Dobbs walk. TJE is signed through next year. We can go mid round DE if we want but we have 4 guys who can play the NT. Also, Fangio himself said we like the little guys at NT who can move and not the 350 pound type guys. More like 300-305ish, Dorsey, Williams, TJE all in that range. Sopoaga was like 325-330 but he came over from the last regimen and they figured he could be a better NT than DE.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 17, 2013 at 8:03 PM ]
1. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon*
2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
2. Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State*
3. Dominique Easley, DE, Florida
3. Kurtis Drummond, S, Michigan State*
3. Tyler Larsen, C, Utah State

(*=Underclassmen yet to declare)
  • buck
  • Veteran
[i]
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Round 1 Traded for Sammy Watkins
Round 2a Traded for Sammy Watkins
Round 2b Traded for Sammy Watkins
Round 3a Traded for Sammy Watkins
Round 3b Traded for Sammy Watkins
Round 3c Traded for Sammy Watkins

Will not happen.

ideal not surreal
Originally posted by Travisty13:

I would love this.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

I could certainly live ith that.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Trade Iupati to Buffalo Bills (1st need is LG) with Niners' 2nd round KC pick
1a Sammy Watkins WR
1b (32) Justin Gilbert CB
2a (traded)
Trade #64 and #96 for Xavier Su'a Filo/Zack Martin OG
3a Beau Allen NT
3b (traded)
3c Robert Herron WR

Not sure I like giving up a 2nd plus Iupati to get Watkins but as for Iupati if they don't feel they can extend him might be worth it to at least look into trading him. If you waited until next year before the trade deadline his value would be much lower since he would be a FA in a few months. As for LG I think we could put Boone (probably our best OL) at tackle and he'd be as good as or better than Davis and maybe Staley. Could probably play LG similar to how good Iupati plays it. Then fill in RG which is the easiest of the group to do so. That being said it's highly unlikely and we would look into tagging him in 2015 if we couldn't get him re-signed. I think he's having his worst year but he's been banged up all season long. I wouldn't pay him anymore than 5 years, 35-40 although 5, 30-35 is ideal. No way am I shelling out 50-60 I'd rather use that for guys like Crabtree and Aldon (assuming he stays out of trouble). Side note with Iupati he wants to be here, he's close with the other OL, it's the closest he can get to American Samoa for distance relatives but think his family lives in central Cal area, he came from humble beginnings it's really a matter of if his agent gets in his head and gets in the way. It's up to Mike to say to his agent get it done I'll take less to stay here. Otherwise, his agent will play the #'s game and say well well this team paid this person this much which in my words equals "stupid team A paid 60 mil (overpaid) in free agency because they cant build through the draft and stupid team b paid 55 to this person because they don't know how to run a team." That's usually what it comes down to. Wat the hell is the difference between 40 and 50 million (dont say 10 mil), take less stay where you want to be and stay on a winning team. Don't get greedy or let your agent or ego get in the way. So what if this person got that much they were overpaid.

Idaho, you must be a big fan of Roby's to trade a 3rd to move up to get him. You're more of an expert than I am but right now looks like we could probably stay put and get him if we wanted to. I think Dennard and maybe Gilbert jump him... possibly Ekpre-Olomu. Either way if we are taking CB late round 1 I feel pretty good that we can get a good one and should have a few choices left between Dennard, Gilbert, Verrett, Roby and Ekpre-Olomu. Some other guys might come into player as well.

I think i have stated this before, But Roby is my #1 CB in this draft. I love the kids game, but i understand a lot of people will disagree with me. Personally i think he goes somewhere in the teens, and we would likely need to give up a third to get him, which i would be fine with.

Im not more of an expert than anyone around here though, just a guy with an opinion like anyone else, and i am often wrong as often as i am right. You know your s**t Gore, dont downplay yourself, your a respected poster around here.

I would be fine with staying put and taking BPA, but this is our personal ideal mocks and so thats how i played it, while trying to be as realistic as possible to the positions i think the players will be drafted in.

Im also in the minority on Jalen Saunders as well, and im ok with that. I will admit i have a tendancy to focus on and fall in love with underdogs or lesser known players. Elvis Akpla is a good example of that which vets often remind me of, and thats ok. At the end of the day we are all amateurs that have one thing in common, our love for the game. I just personally have a lot of love for later round draft picks, and lesser known guys and thats typically where my focus is.

This year its Jeff Janis and Gator Hoskins that are my little known draft picks, although Janis is picking up steam around here, and possibly across the nation, but when i posted about him Nov. 4th, i doubt many people knew who he was. Many people still dont know about Hoskins.

But back to Roby, yes i see him as a mid first rounder, and the best CB in the draft. I think he would be a stud in our system.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by VDSF:
1st Rd - Marqise Lee - WR (USC)

2nd Rd – Marcus Roberson – CB (Florida)

2nd Rd – Jackson Jeffcoat – DE (Texas)

3rd Rd – Daniel McCullers – NT (Tennessee)

3rd Rd – Zack Martin – G/OT (Notre Dame)

3rd Rd – Bradley Roby – CB (Ohio St)

you think Roberson will go before roby...? and if so you think roby will fall to the 3rd round...basically the 4th bc its a comp pick..idk about that..but if so the world would be amazed..

No possible way i see Roby falls that far.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
this would be perfect..so say this happens and we assume dennard starts...is culliver our nickel..?

Personally I really like Culliver and think he can be a top CB in the league, I like him more then Brock even though he's been playing almost flawless. But to answer your question and we assume Dennard starts then yes, Cully would assume his Nickel role until we see how he comes back from that ACL.

1) move up (-3rd B) WR Marqise Lee USC
2a) David Yankey OG Stanford, or Xavier Su'a-Filo OG UCLA
2b) Donte Moncrief WR Miss, or Davanta Adams WR Fres St
3a) Craig Loston S LSU, or Wayne Lyons CB Stanford, or Loucheiz CB Florida
3b) traded to move up in 1st Rd.
3 comp) Marcus Roberson CB Florida, or Dion Baily S USC, or Deone Bucannon S Wash St

WR or CB, CB or WR??? here's my reasoning: IF???? If we sign Boldin to an extension, we have Crabtree, Boldin, & Patton. Boldin may have 2 more good years, maybe. Crabtree is only singed for one more year. Kaep needs good young WR to develop with him. Furthermore we have not had too much success developing lower pick WRs.

On the other hand we have done very well developing DBs over the last few years. I get the feeling that Wright will resign as a FA, and Whitner will be much more reasonable then Goldson was. I think Whitner gets a reasonable/fair 2 or 3 year contract. I also do not think Rogers will attract big money if he is released. Rogers took a gamble last year, he won, and kept his starting position. But this offseason he could lose his job. He remembers life in Washington's Circus, and should except a 2 mil pay cut. I think only Brown leaves in free agency. Baalke will resign Wright & Whitner to cap friendly contracts, then Rogers will see the writing on the wall and take a pay cut.

We will most likely move Kilgore into Goodwin's position at Center, and Snyder may or may not have a job next year. Also we need to extend Iupate. Therefore we select a OG in the 2nd.

All 5 picks may not see much playing time in 2014, as they will be developed in the 49ers way, and will have to earn their strips.
Idaho, thanks for the compliment and the reply. Like I said I put a lot of value into yours, Phoenix, AB, SunDevil and a handful of other posters on here for the draft. We have many good draft guys on here that I trust as much as any draft site out there. You guys do a good job of introducing players to us not as far along in their draft preparation.

To others talking about Brock and Culliver I think Brock will be our #1 next year he has been near lock down so far. I think our high pick 1st/2nd round CB will battle it out with Culliver for the 2nd spot or perhaps the 3rd spot with Wright who I expect back for 1-2 years 1-1.5 mil a year. It could end up Brock, Culliver, Wright, 1st/2nd DP, mid round DP, Morris. If they are confident in Morris outside of ST we might only take 1 CB (maybe PS guy late) and Morris becomes the 5 and we only keep 5. Either way Morris will likely be active even if he is the #6 CB he will be active for ST over a rookie who might be a better CB and slotted at 5. Like I said think our 1st/2nd rounder will have a chance to win that #2 but unlikely he beats out Culliver, probably ends up in a fight for the #3 spot with Wright. If he loses he could pass him up later in the season. Ideally Wright would be a #4 as I'm not sure he is a 3. As for Culliver I hope he has matured in his time off he became a father recently and he got to see what it's like not being able to play so he should be hungry. Plus he is in his contract year, I hope we re-sign him early on if he shows he is back. The longer we wait the more we will pay as he has potential high value in the market. He needs to work on his jump ball skills and down field tracking but he has shown star potential, even near lock down at times in 2011 and 2012. Minus the SB and 1 or 2 other games he's been really good and hopefully he comes back 100% from his injury.

Also, keep the mini mocks coming. If you want to do another one and go an entirely different way with it go for it. You want to throw trades in there, mock free agency you can do that. Just a fun way of killing time until the draft, we have 140 days left.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 18, 2013 at 7:34 AM ]
I'm the only guy with Evans in his mock
Originally posted by bigwads:
I'm the only guy with Evans in his mock

Do you think he will last till the end of the first or do you think the Niners will trade up for him?
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone