Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers
Ha'Shean Clinton Dix S Alabama
Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma
Ed Reynolds S Stanford
Daniel McCullers DT Tennessee
Jason Verrett CB TCU
Jordan Mathews WR Vaderbilt
Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State

All these guys are on my early must watch list. I guess I have a lot of SEC and Big 12 games in my future.

I also really like Stephon Tuitt, but I don't know if we have a place for him after taking Tank and Quinton Dial this year.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
The name I keep seeing on early 2014 big boards that seems destined for a fall is Marqise Lee.

Okay, I get it, he's a supreme playmaker and plays bigger than his size and plays faster than his timed speed, blah blah blah. It takes a heck of a lot more than that to be taken in the top 5 as a WR.

I don't doubt he's going to be an awesome player in the NFL, but without demonstrating at least one otherworldly trait like Calvin or Julio or AJ, he's going to fall to the mid-late 1st like almost all WRs do. In fact, that may be what allows the 49ers to get their hands on him.

usc is unsettled at qb so lee could fall in the draft rankings
Originally posted by mkary12:
I LOVE Ekpre-Olomu, but somehow think HarBaalke would not draft a CB under 6'0" in the first round. I love the way he plays though.

I also want one of the numerous tall WRs available. And a safety to replace Whitner, but this draft class doesn't seem to have good safety depth up top. It'd present better value to maybe go after one later in the 2nd round or so.

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
if we've learned anything over the years it is Kiper picks the mainstream names. He had Blaine Gabbert ahead of Cam Newton (yes Kaep is much better) but look how Gabbert has performed. He also had Ponder and Locker ahead of Kaep. No draft guru is perfect I get that. He's the same guy that values size over a player's true playing ability i.e. Russell Wilson. The moral of the story? Trust what you see with your eyes. Or listen to Mayock instead.

Did Kiper ever play in the nfl? what makes him such a "draft expert" smh

his hair-duh
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I also really like Stephon Tuitt, but I don't know if we have a place for him after taking Tank and Quinton Dial this year.

If Aaron Lynch happened to fall for some random wacky reason and I was drafting, I'd be all over him, regardless of who else is on the roster. Can never have enough beastly defensive linemen IMO.
No David Fales?

Derp Kiper Jr.
if we've learned anything over the years it is Kiper picks the mainstream names. He had Blaine Gabbert ahead of Cam Newton (yes Kaep is much better) but look how Gabbert has performed. He also had Ponder and Locker ahead of Kaep. No draft guru is perfect I get that. He's the same guy that values size over a player's true playing ability i.e. Russell Wilson. The moral of the story? Trust what you see with your eyes. Or listen to Mayock instead.

Does Mayock even do next year projections like Kiper and McShay do? I trust Mayock more than any of the other draft "experts". Kiper's board is meaningless to me ever since he picked Louiville's Brian Brohm to be picked No. 1 overall a year before the draft and, if memory serves, Brohm was a late second and never threw a pass in the NFL.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I wouldn't be surprise if Crab gets traded to another Alex Smith kinda deal... and w/ all the weapons at the skill position we have, the only thing we should be missing is a lightning speed type of player... and there's only one player who would put fear in everyones heart..

The ORIGINALLLLLLLL...................

Black Mamba!!!
Originally posted by midrdan:

Does Mayock even do next year projections like Kiper and McShay do? I trust Mayock more than any of the other draft "experts". Kiper's board is meaningless to me ever since he picked Louiville's Brian Brohm to be picked No. 1 overall a year before the draft and, if memory serves, Brohm was a late second and never threw a pass in the NFL.

I don't believe Mayock does one, he usually doesn't do a board at all until a week before the draft, but does positional rankings starting at senior bowl week. At least thats when they are released on NFL.com and NFL Network.
Bridgewater is the real deal. Pressure doesn't bother him, quick release, accurate, makes his wr's better than what they actually are, makes good DB's look bad.
Don't know why Manziel gets ignored, reminds me of a QB at NotreDame in the late 70's.

I just want the 49ers to keep drafting for CB, DL and WR.
My thoughts on some of the guys mentioned:

WR Marquise Lee - Right now I'd expect him to go between the 5th and 10th pick. Looks like he has 4.35 speed and he hits his top speed extremely fast. Only thing keepinghim out of the top 5 IMO is he lacks great size

QB Bridgewater - He is the real deal. As prospect, not as good as Luck but better than Sam Bradford

RB/WR De'Anthony Thomas - I think a mid 1st round pick or late 1st round pick is where he ends up. Someone compared him to Tavon Austin, not a bad comparison. Black Mamba will fall because a a team is going to want to play him more as a WR than a RB and he will face a big learning curve for that position. Most of his receptions I believe come from him running out of the backfield, like on swing passes, not lining up against a CB. But his big play potential will be too much to ignore, as far as impact on the college game when the ball is in his hands, I'd compare him to Reggie Bush.

I wonder if Black Mamba can run a sub 4.3?
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on May 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Really don't know why Johnny Manziel is rated so high, hes like another Colt McCoy. Scrambler with an average arm.
Glad Kiper comes out with his stuff.

It keeps it interesting and something to talk about.

For guys like me who aren't on top of it like many in the zone - when you guys comment on Kiper's selections - I learn maore about who's out there and can keep an eye out for games they're in.
Very surprised not to see Will Sutton on that top 50 list.
Share 49ersWebzone