There are 182 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mel Kiper's Early Top 50 for 2014 Draft

Clinton-Dix would be a great pick at #32 to replace Donte Whitner. A Clinton-Dix and Eric Reid combo would be athletic and lethal for the next several years.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Mel Kiper's Top 50 for 2014
1.DE Jadevon Clowney, South Carolina *
2. QB Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville *
3. WR Marqise Lee, USC *
4. OT Cyrus Kouandijo, Alabama *
5. OLB Anthony Barr, UCLA
6. OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
7. NT Louis Nix III, Notre Dame *
8. OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan
9. CB Bradley Roby, Ohio State *
10. CB Loucheiz Purifoy, Florida *
11. OT Antonio Richardson, Tennessee *
12. OLB Adrian Hubbard, Alabama *
13. DE Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame *
14. CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon *
15. DT Timmy Jernigan, Florida State *
16. WR Sammy Watkins, Clemson *
17. OLB C.J. Mosley, Alabama
18. WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M *
19. OT Cameron Erving, Florida State *
20. DE Aaron Lynch, South Florida *
21. QB Tajh Boyd, Clemson
22. DT Anthony Johnson, LSU *
23. OLB Kyle Van Noy, BYU
24. TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington *
25. QB Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M *
26. LB Ryan Shazier, Ohio State *
27. WR Brandon Coleman, Rutgers *
28. RB/WR De'Anthony Thomas, Oregon *
29. OG David Yankey, Stanford *
30. S Ha'Shean Clinton-Dix, Alabama *
31. DE Scott Crichton, Oregon State *
32. OLB Christian Jones, Florida State *
33. QB Marcus Mariota, Oregon *
34. RB Lache Seastrunk, Baylor *
35. OLB Jeremiah Attaochu, Georgia Tech
36. CB Aaron Colvin, Oklahoma *
37. RB Ka'Deem Carey, Arizona *
38. DE Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas
39. LB Trey DePriest, Alabama *
40. S Ed Reynolds, Stanford *
41. QB A.J. McCarron, Alabama
42. DE Morgan Breslin, USC
43. DT Daniel McCullers, Tennessee *
44. CB Jason Verrett, TCU
45. LB Yawin Smallwood, Uconn *
46. DE Deandre Coleman, California
47. CB Quandre Diggs, Texas *
48. WR Jordan Matthews, Vanderbilt
49. OG Gabe Jackson, Mississippi State
50. LB A.J. Johnson, Tennessee *

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Boooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Marquise Lee-#1 WR at the NFL level, has all the tools and is just scratching the surface of his potential.

Aaron Lynch-Terrific 3-4 DE prospect, should be around 270-275 by the time the draft rolls around, super explosive, very aggressive, high motor, just a beast.

Austin Seferian Jenkins-Depending on how this season goes, he could end up as a Top 10 pick, he's that damn good. A game-changer at TE.

Ed Reynolds-A true centerfielder type of safety. Great size for the position, fluid hips and movement, a ball-hawk, big-time playmaker.

Daniel McCullers-"Mount" McCullers. Massive defensive tackle that simply can't be blocked 1 on 1. Goes 6'6" and 375 pounds. A monster of a man, shockingly quick for a guy his size, good phone booth quickness, uses his size and length to simply eat up a whole crapload of space. Uses his height to knock down passes, has good leverage for a defensive tackle as tall as he is, drops his hips fairly well.

AJ Johnson-Not really a need for the 49ers, but an outstanding inside linebacker, would have been the best inside linebacker in the draft had he come out this year. Intelligent, hard-hitting, very aggressive, kind of an athletic freak, the Vols version of Patrick Willis....going to be exciting to watch Tennessee's defense this season.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 8, 2013 at 5:05 PM ]
If read option does well this year Manziel, goes high.
Originally posted by Youngone:
If read option does well this year Manziel, goes high.

Shocked that Kiper doesn't have Fales on this list. No way Mariota and McCarron go before him.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
The name I keep seeing on early 2014 big boards that seems destined for a fall is Marqise Lee.

Okay, I get it, he's a supreme playmaker and plays bigger than his size and plays faster than his timed speed, blah blah blah. It takes a heck of a lot more than that to be taken in the top 5 as a WR.

I don't doubt he's going to be an awesome player in the NFL, but without demonstrating at least one otherworldly trait like Calvin or Julio or AJ, he's going to fall to the mid-late 1st like almost all WRs do. In fact, that may be what allows the 49ers to get their hands on him.
Want to see how he does without Woods.
Anthony Barr is a guy I have watched some tape on and I was impressed. He hasn't played the position for very long but the dude is a natural athlete. Dude will have a good NFL career, mark my words.
Jordan Matthews would be an awesome pickup, but it all depends how our receiver corps play next year. If crabs resigns and jenkins and patton pan out, we wouldnt need matthews.

I wish we have a chance at clowney but we have a barrage of olbs now
Also, how is Will Sutton not on this list?! I hope he drops cuz of his height. The guy is a beast.
My bold prediction: Our first pick is not one of those names.
if we've learned anything over the years it is Kiper picks the mainstream names. He had Blaine Gabbert ahead of Cam Newton (yes Kaep is much better) but look how Gabbert has performed. He also had Ponder and Locker ahead of Kaep. No draft guru is perfect I get that. He's the same guy that values size over a player's true playing ability i.e. Russell Wilson. The moral of the story? Trust what you see with your eyes. Or listen to Mayock instead.
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
if we've learned anything over the years it is Kiper picks the mainstream names. He had Blaine Gabbert ahead of Cam Newton (yes Kaep is much better) but look how Gabbert has performed. He also had Ponder and Locker ahead of Kaep. No draft guru is perfect I get that. He's the same guy that values size over a player's true playing ability i.e. Russell Wilson. The moral of the story? Trust what you see with your eyes. Or listen to Mayock instead.

Did Kiper ever play in the nfl? what makes him such a "draft expert" smh
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Did Kiper ever play in the nfl? what makes him such a "draft expert" smh

well I don't think a requirement to be a good draft expert is NFL experience. That is a good point though, how the hell did he get into the business? Could be he was just one of the first people to ever give the draft attention outside of an NFL organization.
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
well I don't think a requirement to be a good draft expert is NFL experience. That is a good point though, how the hell did he get into the business? Could be he was just one of the first people to ever give the draft attention outside of an NFL organization.

well not exactly nfl experience but football experience overall. I can't trust anyone that has no experience playing organized football and even if he did extensively studied the game, most of his picks are off. Like you said, he only goes for the mainstream players. Mayock is much better and actually uses film to justify his choices.
Loucheiz Purifoy CB Florida
Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers
Ha'Shean Clinton Dix S Alabama
Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma
Ed Reynolds S Stanford
Daniel McCullers DT Tennessee
Jason Verrett CB TCU
Jordan Mathews WR Vaderbilt
Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State

All these guys are on my early must watch list. I guess I have a lot of SEC and Big 12 games in my future.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
Clinton-Dix would be a great pick at #32 to replace Donte Whitner. A Clinton-Dix and Eric Reid combo would be athletic and lethal for the next several years.

That does sound good. However, it looks like corner is going to be a much higher priority than another safety. I know we most likely are going to have to replace Donte and all, but he might have to wait a round or two for that.