There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MadDog's 2013 NFL Draft Review

• Ether
  • Veteran
4. Marcus Lattimore: 131st pick. A terrific football player, with great spirit and heart. The team could take a high risk player in Lattimore at this juncture with so many picks at their disposal. Why not roll the dice with a guy who could end up the best back in the draft? This is the positive spin on Lattimore. The reality is that Lattimore suffered a horrific injury, and while there are examples of RBs who return to form after major ACL surgery (Peterson, McGahee), most are not the same. Further, Lattimore has a lot of mileage on that body, even before the injury, as he has been taking big hits for four college years. He does not shrink from violent collisions, and that takes an extra toll. If I was a betting man, I'd say he won't end up the NFL player that I imagined when he tore up college football as a freshman. However, I wish the best for him.

lol wat

Declares as a Junior, only played 13 total games his last two years = four college years?
Originally posted by Ether:
4. Marcus Lattimore: 131st pick. A terrific football player, with great spirit and heart. The team could take a high risk player in Lattimore at this juncture with so many picks at their disposal. Why not roll the dice with a guy who could end up the best back in the draft? This is the positive spin on Lattimore. The reality is that Lattimore suffered a horrific injury, and while there are examples of RBs who return to form after major ACL surgery (Peterson, McGahee), most are not the same. Further, Lattimore has a lot of mileage on that body, even before the injury, as he has been taking big hits for four college years. He does not shrink from violent collisions, and that takes an extra toll. If I was a betting man, I'd say he won't end up the NFL player that I imagined when he tore up college football as a freshman. However, I wish the best for him.

lol wat

Declares as a Junior, only played 13 total games his last two years = four college years?

I'm as confused as you. Lattimore's college career consisted of three years/29 games played, with 11 games with under 15 carries.
Originally posted by hofer36:
id like to see them put carradine on the pup lis to start the season, so as to let him get 100% healthy..after 6 games he can come in with fresh legs and gave more omph to the pass rush

This camp is going to be a bit of a mash unit! So many guys coming back from serious injuries may determine some roster spots. Williams is the least likely to stay if he can't be 100%. The rookies (Carradine and Lattimore) will stay, either IR or PUP, and Manningham will stay as well. Dobbs may also be out if he can't make it back healthy. Somehow the roster will shake out in a logical way...will lose some good players at cut time!
Originally posted by Ether:

lol wat

My apologies. Three years. Injured the past two years.
Every move they made was based off of a pattern associated with numerology. 18= 6+6+6. Moving back from 34 to 40; 6 spots; and 3+4+4 is 11... 55 and 88 are divisible by 11, both picks the niners (as did happen with pick 18) inexplicably, move up for players they didn't need to move up for. . hope these guys aren't conjuring black magic..
[ Edited by bdub2588 on May 19, 2013 at 12:54 AM ]
Originally posted by bdub2588:
Every move they made was based off of a pattern associated with numerology. 18= 6+6+6. Moving back from 34 to 40; 6 spots; and 3+4+4 is 11... 55 and 88 are divisible by 11, both picks the niners (as did happen with pick 18) inexplicably, move up for players they didn't need to move up for. . hope these guys aren't conjuring black magic..

And how do you know that they didn't need to move up? Well, you don't.
Originally posted by English:
And how do you know that they didn't need to move up? Well, you don't.

Of course their actions were logical if they just had to have a certain guy, but I'm not the only one that found the manner in which those moves were, to be conducted, a tad bit in peculiar fashion. I get it for one or two guys but it was just odd. And they also coincidentally ended up with 11 picks; interesting observations brought to you by...
Originally posted by bdub2588:
Of course their actions were logical if they just had to have a certain guy, but I'm not the only one that found the manner in which those moves were, to be conducted, a tad bit in peculiar fashion. I get it for one or two guys but it was just odd. And they also coincidentally ended up with 11 picks; interesting observations brought to you by...

Another synchronicity is that there are currently 111 users on the zone. Lmao
[ Edited by bdub2588 on May 20, 2013 at 12:32 AM ]