There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers Draft Grades

Solid B+ becomes an A if Lattimore comes back healthy, and the NT transitions well ETC.
Love the first 8 picks and project them all as having legit starting or key rotational potential down the road. That's about as good as you can realistically get.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Love the first 8 picks and project them all as having legit starting or key rotational potential down the road. That's about as good as you can realistically get.

You love Nick Moody? Enlighten me,
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Solid B+ becomes an A if Lattimore comes back healthy, and the NT transitions well ETC.

This, I'd say it was a solid B. I like the flier on Lattimore and if it pays out this draft becomes an A+.
18: Eric Reid, S (31+74) ------------------------------------- B
40: Tank Carradine, DE (34 for 40+216+future 3) ----- A
55: Vance McDonald, TE (61+173 for 55) ---------------- C
88: Corey Lemonier, OLB (93+216) ---------------------- A
128: Quinton Patton, WR ----------------------------------- A
131: Marcus Lattimore, RB --------------------------------- A
157: Quinton Dial, DL --------------------------------------- D
180: Nick Moody, ILB/STer --------------------------------- D
237: BJ Danies, QB ------------------------------------------ F
246: Carter Bykowski, OT ---------------------------------- D
252: Marcus Cooper, CB ------------------------------------ C

Overall, we made a lot of quality picks early on... so while the slop picks after Lattimore disappoints? Meh... who cares? We loaded up with good picks where it counts.
A
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
If they had drafted Jordan Poyer and Zac Dysert instead of Nick Moody and BJ Daniels I would give them an A. I think Baalke was perfect through the first 5 rds/

Overall A-

I was also hoping for Poyer, but I would have liked to get Anthony and Fragel with the last two picks. I'm intrigued by the Daniels pick.

B to B+ IMHO.
A
Fap-worthy
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
18: Eric Reid, S (31+74) ------------------------------------- B
40: Tank Carradine, DE (34 for 40+216+future 3) ----- A
55: Vance McDonald, TE (61+173 for 55) ---------------- C
88: Corey Lemonier, OLB (93+216) ---------------------- A
128: Quinton Patton, WR ----------------------------------- A
131: Marcus Lattimore, RB --------------------------------- A
157: Quinton Dial, DL --------------------------------------- D
180: Nick Moody, ILB/STer --------------------------------- D
237: BJ Danies, QB ------------------------------------------ F
246: Carter Bykowski, OT ---------------------------------- D
252: Marcus Cooper, CB ------------------------------------ C

Overall, we made a lot of quality picks early on... so while the slop picks after Lattimore disappoints? Meh... who cares? We loaded up with good picks where it counts.

I mostly agree with your grades and am wondering the same thing about 5th going forward. We had a chance to get some pretty good DBs, LBs, and OTs but opted to go the route we did. I'm interested in what's envisioned for Daniels - will he be used like Brad Smith or Hines Ward? Kinda ticked we didn't trade up and grab Jesse Williams in the 5th, as we probably could have still grabbed a DB and OT with the final four picks. That said, I trust H & B and am glad all of our positions were addressed (presuming Dial is used at DT).
For now its a B+, I am happy with the draft, they did what I thought. It will rise up if the picks in the fir four rounds become the future of the team. For the first four rounds, I would grade A.

I thought, with the picks we made from five on that are tradable, we should have traded them for future picks or package them for a future pick, unless there were no takers or package them to move up into the forth round to pick a better tackle prospect or CB prospect..
Solid A+.

11 of 13 picks, I didn't think we'd be that busy in the trade market.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I agree if Ninerjohn...Both Moody and BJ wont last very long.. it's almost unfair for those 2 guys, even the Tackle that we drafted, because they'll never get a chance due to the talent we already have at the positions.. We coulda use one of those picks on Darick Rogers who I think we'll bring a better competition in camp.

I also didn't understand the TE pick.. I think if was just too soon...

Not drafting a CB early in a year where there's a lot of talent in the draft, tells me that we are HAPPY w/ our secondary for another year..

And in my opinion, using all the picks we have this year just tells me that we'll be cutting lots of talent from the last 2 year's draft..

My overall grade..

A-
A+ for the first four rounds. After that, I have no idea.
I think Moody will be a special teams guy who could really shine early on and wait until he gets in on defensive plays. Guy was a safey who transitioned late to LB...means he's probably got some good open field skills/speed and likes hitting. Maybe he drops some weight and goes back to safety?

I think, given Kaps skillset, we may want more offensive options and pass catchers, which is where a guy like Vance McDonald makes sense. If Kap is scrambling and and making plays on the run, having a TE who played some wideout can be huge.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home