There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lattimore! GREAT!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
i could see him being ready come playoff time. when the rest of our guys are banged up(or injured), and giving the O a new look and a fresh set of legs. Baby we got BACK(ups)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,874
when he runs he runs just like gore. when you are good like the niners are, you can afford to take a chance on someone like this , no need to rush him and just like we hope with jenkins, he will be a stud in another year. i think the niners are just killing it . i love what they have done with the d line and getting guys who can elevate our special ed teams from last year
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,874
Teams are allowed to put a guy on IR that can be activated after half the season or something right?
Originally posted by teeohh:
Teams are allowed to put a guy on IR that can be activated after half the season or something right?

yes
Redskin AND Gamecock fan here. I posted on your regular forum and wanted to post here, too, to thank you, the fans and your organization for giving this young man a chance to make his dreams come true and to contribute to your team. Yes, he's been hurt a few times, but his heart, his drive and his love of the game have brought him back time and time again. You won't be sorry. I'll still be a Skins fan, but I'll always be a Niners fan, now, too, and I will be cheering you both on at FedEx Field on 11/25. The 49ers are probably the best team he could've gone to because you have the depth, the smarts and the wherewithal to allow him the chance to heal 100% before going on the field. I feared that a lower tier(and desperate) team would rush him out on the field too soon and ruin him. Marcus wouldn't have objected, you'd have to kill him to keep him off the field...but the 49er mentality will be the best thing for him...and for your classy organization...you'll see. Best of luck to all of you and thank you again. All of us in Gamecock Nation thank you for making this guy feel wanted and that all of his effort has been worth the pain.
if he entered the draft next year, he'd be a first rounder, out of our reach.
"He's the best back in the draft. When you're in a position of strength, you don't need to draft right away. They're investing in the future." -- Charley Casserly
Originally posted by btthepunk:
"He's the best back in the draft. When you're in a position of strength, you don't need to draft right away. They're investing in the future." -- Charley Casserly

yup. makes perfect sense. Now after this year, which I believe will be Gores farewell year , we don't even have to worry about taking a RB.
Originally posted by JurgyFan:
Redskin AND Gamecock fan here. I posted on your regular forum and wanted to post here, too, to thank you, the fans and your organization for giving this young man a chance to make his dreams come true and to contribute to your team. Yes, he's been hurt a few times, but his heart, his drive and his love of the game have brought him back time and time again. You won't be sorry. I'll still be a Skins fan, but I'll always be a Niners fan, now, too, and I will be cheering you both on at FedEx Field on 11/25. The 49ers are probably the best team he could've gone to because you have the depth, the smarts and the wherewithal to allow him the chance to heal 100% before going on the field. I feared that a lower tier(and desperate) team would rush him out on the field too soon and ruin him. Marcus wouldn't have objected, you'd have to kill him to keep him off the field...but the 49er mentality will be the best thing for him...and for your classy organization...you'll see. Best of luck to all of you and thank you again. All of us in Gamecock Nation thank you for making this guy feel wanted and that all of his effort has been worth the pain.

Nice post. This organization has a good history of being patient and giving a chance to injured RB, starting with Hearst. Took a chance with Gore in the 3rd. And now Lattimore in the 4th. Good luck to the young man on his rehab
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
"He's the best back in the draft. When you're in a position of strength, you don't need to draft right away. They're investing in the future." -- Charley Casserly

yup. makes perfect sense. Now after this year, which I believe will be Gores farewell year , we don't even have to worry about taking a RB.

Ya never know Gore may resign on the cheap for a reserve role. Maybe he'd want to finish it out here with a 2 year low end deal.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
"He's the best back in the draft. When you're in a position of strength, you don't need to draft right away. They're investing in the future." -- Charley Casserly

yup. makes perfect sense. Now after this year, which I believe will be Gores farewell year , we don't even have to worry about taking a RB.

Ya never know Gore may resign on the cheap for a reserve role. Maybe he'd want to finish it out here with a 2 year low end deal.

probably right, sad to see the end of gore era.... i still think he got another good 2 years left in the tank, guess niners are ready to move on though, we will see what happens, win win for us.
How high would Lattimore have gone if he was healthy? Definite first rounder?
Love this pick I saw him play a lot when he was healthy.
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 834
Originally posted by JurgyFan:
Redskin AND Gamecock fan here. I posted on your regular forum and wanted to post here, too, to thank you, the fans and your organization for giving this young man a chance to make his dreams come true and to contribute to your team. Yes, he's been hurt a few times, but his heart, his drive and his love of the game have brought him back time and time again. You won't be sorry. I'll still be a Skins fan, but I'll always be a Niners fan, now, too, and I will be cheering you both on at FedEx Field on 11/25. The 49ers are probably the best team he could've gone to because you have the depth, the smarts and the wherewithal to allow him the chance to heal 100% before going on the field. I feared that a lower tier(and desperate) team would rush him out on the field too soon and ruin him. Marcus wouldn't have objected, you'd have to kill him to keep him off the field...but the 49er mentality will be the best thing for him...and for your classy organization...you'll see. Best of luck to all of you and thank you again. All of us in Gamecock Nation thank you for making this guy feel wanted and that all of his effort has been worth the pain.

CLASSY!
...