LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Lattimore! GREAT!

Originally posted by Toughniner:
Will the knee injuries affect him?

What do you think?

Dr.Andrews has said that hes making a amazing recovery. He usually doesnt say things like that if Lattimore was hurt beyond repair. So based of that and how hes rehabbing id say no for 2014. 2013 he shouldnt play until atleast week 6 if at all.
Originally posted by theduke85:
How high would Lattimore have gone if he was healthy? Definite first rounder?

Definate top 15 pick possibly top 10. Hes just too damn good on and off the field. Closest player to Frank Gore in everyway except he has better power and vision.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by theduke85:
How high would Lattimore have gone if he was healthy? Definite first rounder?

Definate top 15 pick possibly top 10. Hes just too damn good on and off the field. Closest player to Frank Gore in everyway except he has better power and vision.

No one has better vision than Frank gore right now in the NFL. Thats pretty bold to say Lattimore has better vision. Real bold.

Regardless, Lattimore would have easily been the #1 RB taken had he not gotten injured. It was a steal. Tuck him away on the PUP list, and then unveil him next season with a full year of recovery. Real excited about him.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JurgyFan:
Redskin AND Gamecock fan here. I posted on your regular forum and wanted to post here, too, to thank you, the fans and your organization for giving this young man a chance to make his dreams come true and to contribute to your team. Yes, he's been hurt a few times, but his heart, his drive and his love of the game have brought him back time and time again. You won't be sorry. I'll still be a Skins fan, but I'll always be a Niners fan, now, too, and I will be cheering you both on at FedEx Field on 11/25. The 49ers are probably the best team he could've gone to because you have the depth, the smarts and the wherewithal to allow him the chance to heal 100% before going on the field. I feared that a lower tier(and desperate) team would rush him out on the field too soon and ruin him. Marcus wouldn't have objected, you'd have to kill him to keep him off the field...but the 49er mentality will be the best thing for him...and for your classy organization...you'll see. Best of luck to all of you and thank you again. All of us in Gamecock Nation thank you for making this guy feel wanted and that all of his effort has been worth the pain.

Thanks dude
Originally posted by Toughniner:
Your opinions pls

One of the top steals in the draft 10 years from now. Simply a "Wow" pick on the 4th round!!!!..How he run reminds me so much of Marcus Allen.
It's going to be fun watching him run behind our powerful oline
Lifelong Gamecock & 49er here, so clearly a dream day for me. Someone asked if Marcus would have been a 1st round pick absent the injuries. He would have, without a doubt, been a top 10 pick, even after the rehab on following the original injury. A world-class organization, (thanks for getting it started right Eddie D!) is getting a world-class young man. Unbelievable work ethic, maturity & leadership. Quite possibly the best person to ever set foot on the Univ of SC campus, & I have been going to games in Columbia, SC since 1975. A better fit with Gore as a mentor could not have been found. Kudos to Coach Harbaugh & the rest of the staff for playing this one right. Nobody will be sorry with this pick. Kind of like a fine wine; just needs to decant & breathe a little. Maybe he can even straighten out Cully a little bit Now lets go get that Lombardi trophy & put it with the rest where it belongs!
Loved the pick.

Bit of a gamble if he does come back to full fitness but we couldn't not pick him really.

1. If he reaches full potential then we have one of the top running backs to take over Gore
2. If he comes back a healthy decent player then we can rotate Lattimore, Lamike and Hunter which is still a very healthy backfield
3. If he doesn't rehabilitate fully then all it cost was a late 4th round comp pick and we get Gores replacement next year or year after

1 or 2 we'll be extremely happy
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, I'm with everybody. Sit him for a year then bring him in as Frank's replacement. Perfect situation for us and him. Hoping for godspeed for his rehab.

Another Niner and Gamecock fan here. What a lot of you guys don't realize is how important Lattimore is going to be in about 3 to 4 years where the locker room is concerned. He will be THE leader of the locker room once he is established as the starter. The guy just brings out the best in everybody he comes in contact with. And don't be surprised to see him playing this year at some point. He has so much drive and determination. Go Niners! Go Cocks!
As a South Carolina Gamecock Fan let me congratulate you on picking up one talented kid. The great thing is as great a player as he is he is even a better person. Lattimore more than likely could play next year as he is way ahead of his re-hab but he is in a great position now as he will not be rushed back for any reason. I am now surely a SF Fan and will certainly be pulling for you all on Sundays. Great kid, great player, great Franchise. Go Niners !!!! This will one day go down as one of the biggest steals of the Draft.
  • Jiks
Look at all the SEC folk running up in here....

Welcome.
Originally posted by jimcmarshall:
Go Niners! Go Cocks!

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Look at all the SEC folk running up in here....

Welcome.

We do know what good football players looks like.
Share 49ersWebzone