There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

quinton patton...steal!

Jenkins gonna get cut.
Writing's probably on the wall for Jenkins, which is unfortunate because you hate to miss on a 1st rounder. Stephen Hill was the logical choice and would've been a huge pickup.

Patton will take Manningham's spot eventually and could probably start this year with Crabs and Boldin. Like others, you look at Patton and say, "average size, average speed...so what". But he'll be a solid player for us. We need need that burner though.
Originally posted by DrGonzo00:
Writing's probably on the wall for Jenkins, which is unfortunate because you hate to miss on a 1st rounder. Stephen Hill was the logical choice and would've been a huge pickup.

Patton will take Manningham's spot eventually and could probably start this year with Crabs and Boldin. Like others, you look at Patton and say, "average size, average speed...so what". But he'll be a solid player for us. We need need that burner though.

LOL......not really. I think Jenkins is going to be a big contributor this year. He wasn't really used last season, was caught ill-prepared, I expect him to get his s**t together and be the deep threat/burner that you are talking about. Whether or not Jenkins would step up was irrelevant, the 49ers needed another WR. Manningham is coming off a gruesome injury, Williams off a torn ACL, Moss is gone, Lockette is an unknown quantity, Boldin is on a one year deal, Crabtree could be the odd man out when it comes to re-signing people for 2015.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Jenkins gonna get cut.

Not a chance in hell he just gets cut.
If nothing else, AJ better not just show up... he better show his stuff. Good for trent to push him. also, who knows, could he beat out our #1 pick?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Jenkins gonna get cut.

Not a chance in hell he just gets cut.

Jenkins will have a solid year and be our #3 guy. That's my prediction. I say he ends up with 400 yards receiving. He showed very good separation skills in the preseason.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Jenkins just moved down a notch on the depth chart
Great pick and in the 4th round????

He should do well in the spread 3 and 4 receiver sets. Let Crabs/Boldin work the short to middle with Vernon down the seam and Patton down the sideline.
Very good value, good player and nice fit on the team.
i dont see them giving up on a 1st round pick that fast. I see Lockette and Williams on the outside looking in
I don't think they care either way. If he gets beat out, he gets beat out. No one has a lock on anything, especially a 2nd year 1st rounder who hasn't contributed at all.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home