LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

2014 Draft

I know we are still dealing with 2013 and its early, but looks like after todays trade, we will have 1-1rst, 1-2nd, 4-3rd rounders (one from Alex trade, one from trade with titans today, our own and comp pick. Although that can turn to 1 - 1rst, 2-2nds (If alex reaches certain goals), and three 3rd rounders. Next Year we will need CB and WR. except for the comp we could make big deals to get one each. What I would like to know who do you think are the tops at these positions?
Major haul for us to have potential of multiple picks in 2nd and 3rd again.
IMO next yr draft needs will be RB ,WR, CB ...
Pretty much. We are in a position to really make a move up next year. Great overall draft so far. We filled positions of need and are building for the future.
Fail for Fales
According to CBS the top ten prospects for RB, WR and CB in 2014 are:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/CB
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Another reason i wanted a WR earlier in this draft
I love this draft. We got a starting FS. Corey Lemonier has the physical ability to be better than Ahmad Brooks. Tank Carradine is probably the most exciting pick. Justin Smith replacement but can pass rush on the ends day one.

Don't forget we got 2 picks in the 4th.

Quitton Patton, Darick Rodgers, Markus Wheaton, Barret Jones, David Quessenbary,Marcus Lattimore, Jordan Poyer, Terry Hawthorne are all highly draftable.

Were also going to have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds next year as things stand.
[ Edited by eonblue on Apr 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM ]
Lets hold off on this guys... Quinton Patton and DaRick Rogers are still available to fill the WR need. Jordan Payer and BW Webb for the CB need.
Originally posted by eonblue:
I love this draft. We got a starting FS. Corey Lemonier has the physical ability to be better than Ahmad Brooks. Tank Carradine is probably the most exciting pick. Justin Smith replacement but can pass rush on the ends day one.

Don't forget we got 2 picks in the 4th.

Quitton Patton, Darick Rodgers, Markus Wheaton, Barret Jones, David Quessenbary,Marcus Lattimore, Jordan Poyer, Terry Hawthorne are all highly draftable.

Were also going to have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds next year as things stand.

Pittsburgh took Markus Wheaton.

With the picks of Marcus Latimore and Quinton Patton in the 4th round, this makes CB the top concern in the next draft. Love this draft for the most part. I am only surprised at the pick for TE. Thought they wanted a blocker more than a pass catcher type since we let Konrad go and passed on Coby last year, I guess that Celek is that man now and now they are going for the pass catcher to complement VD and if opponents decide to slide over to blanket VD, it will create mismatches with Vance.
Nice to be able to X running back and WR off of the list. From top to bottom, this is the most talented WR group since the Seifert era. Outside of maybe corner and definitely swing tackle, there are really no holes on this team.

Sammy Watkins from Clemson will be a first rounder at WR after his junior season in 13. This must be a list of projected seniors.
Originally posted by WildBill:
With the picks of Marcus Latimore and Quinton Patton in the 4th round, this makes CB the top concern in the next draft. Love this draft for the most part. I am only surprised at the pick for TE. Thought they wanted a blocker more than a pass catcher type since we let Konrad go and passed on Coby last year, I guess that Celek is that man now and now they are going for the pass catcher to complement VD and if opponents decide to slide over to blanket VD, it will create mismatches with Vance.

He'll need some coaching to improve his blocking, but at 267, hard to say he won't be able to learn. I was amazed to hear that he played the slot so much. He's going to create a lot of mismatches.
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:

Sammy Watkins from Clemson will be a first rounder at WR after his junior season in 13. This must be a list of projected seniors.

thats what im thinking too cause Marquis Lee isnt on here
Share 49ersWebzone