There are 166 users in the forums

2014 Draft

Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
According to CBS the top ten prospects for RB, WR and CB in 2014 are:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/CB

Sammy Watkins from Clemson will be a first rounder at WR after his junior season in 13. This must be a list of projected seniors.

thats what im thinking too cause Marquis Lee isnt on here

I don't think they start projecting non-seniors until they declare at the end of the year.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
IMO next yr draft needs will be RB ,WR, CB ...

Scratch off RB . I think CB will be the defining need, and possibly NT if neither Williams nor Dorsey can hack it, along with WR.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 27, 2013 at 1:21 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Scratch off RB . I think CB will be the defining need, and possibly NT if neither Williams nor Dorsey can hack it, along with WR.

U can but I wont ...

U can but I wont ...

I think CB will be first. Regardless of if Nnamdi reverts to form, hes 31. Brown may want a nice contract if he does well, rogers may be gone. WR will depend on how Jenkins does, if Boldin leaves and if Manningham gets back to speed.
It wouldn't surprise me if we end up with 2 1sts, get a CB and WR, depended on how well AJJ and Patton develop, plus if Boldin and/or Mario are back or gone. Then Brown and Asomugha are FAs, and also have Culliver a FA after 2014, so we can get a deal done with him in 2013 offseason. So a Top level CB and WR in round 1 would be ideal.

Mark off RB, we have Lattimore fo the future, and Gore isnt going anywhere, he isnt a cap cut, he is still as productive as he has been, even if he has slown down a bit.

U can but I wont ...

I think CB will be first. Regardless of if Nnamdi reverts to form, hes 31. Brown may want a nice contract if he does well, rogers may be gone. WR will depend on how Jenkins does, if Boldin leaves and if Manningham gets back to speed.

I agree CB should be first round. .. I don't think T.Brown is worth 6-8 million a yr he'll probably want or get..still think RB will be a high need sry I wasn't happy with wasting a pick on aplayer who had back to back yrs of blown out knees ..say what u will about gore goin though tha same thing so he'll be great to is just laughable .. just like all tha talk about tank being tha same size as J.Smith so then tank will be just as great.
I agree CB should be first round. .. I don't think T.Brown is worth 6-8 million a yr he'll probably want or get..still think RB will be a high need sry I wasn't happy with wasting a pick on aplayer who had back to back yrs of blown out knees ..say what u will about gore goin though tha same thing so he'll be great to is just laughable .. just like all tha talk about tank being tha same size as J.Smith so then tank will be just as great.

RB may be drafted, but this is 3 straight drafts with us getting a RB somewhere in the first 4 rounds. plus we have jewel hampton on the team too. Never kno how he'll turn our simply because of guys like Alfred Morris and Bryce Brown going so late and being good.
nahh, Tank is gonna have to learn the game no matter how big he is. Justin is just gonna have to take him under his wing for the next couple seasons. Lemonier is gonna be behind Brooks and Aldon.
We'll have the ammo to trade up for a CB if we really need to.

RB may be drafted, but this is 3 straight drafts with us getting a RB somewhere in the first 4 rounds. plus we have jewel hampton on the team too. Never kno how he'll turn our simply because of guys like Alfred Morris and Bryce Brown going so late and being good.
nahh, Tank is gonna have to learn the game no matter how big he is. Justin is just gonna have to take him under his wing for the next couple seasons. Lemonier is gonna be behind Brooks and Aldon.
We'll have the ammo to trade up for a CB if we really need to.

Again I do agree with a first round CB maybe even a 3rd or 4th round CB also. .. I really thought we would have took one this yr in a earlier round N very shocked we didn't take poyer with a late round ... I wonder why he fell that far? ??
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
In 2014, the Niners quite possibly could be in the same scenario as this yrs draft... trade up with Jets, Brownies or Oakland (they look to be the worst as of now) to snag Jadeveon Clowney and the best CB in the draft
[ Edited by LVJay on Apr 28, 2013 at 11:08 PM ]
I am so excited for next year's draft, supposedly a really great draft, and we probably have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds, and I think 3 fourth round picks (2 compensatory picks from RJF and Delanie Walker). Obviously team needs change throughout the season, but the 49ers have done a great job of addressing future needs, and we should have very, very few needs. I think we can break down the needs into tiers.

Tier 1(Major Needs)

-CB

IMO, CB is the only MAJOR need this team will have. Culliver will be the only guy definitely left. With all of our picks, I wouldn't be surprised with a trade up to get a stud corner and then take another in the 3rd round, and another later in mid rounds.

Tier 2(Big Needs)

-WR
-S

I'm hoping Jenkins will step up, I love the Patton pick, and Crabtree will be around, but all the other WRs may be gone and Crabtree may not be around for long so it's still a significant need.

Whitner is a free agent and can probably be upgraded anyway, so they should be looking for another starting safety.

Tier 3(Other Needs)

-OL depth
-DL depth
-OLB depth
-WR depth
-CB depth

Like I said, we could probably draft 3 CBs, so we could use more for depth. Maybe another WR too. Spending a good mid round pick on a backup OL that could start in case of injury should also be a priority. If Justin Smith leaves or retires, and Carradine steps in as starter, they could use more depth too. And maybe Haralson leaves and they can always use another pass rusher.

With few needs and 6 picks in the first 3 rounds, with some trade ups, I see them maybe making 4 picks in those rounds, taking CB, WR, S, another CB. Then in the fourth round they can take another WR, OL, OLB. With the later picks take a DL, more DB depth.

Breaking the draft down this much is nitpicking. This team is STACKED and really only have 3 pressing needs with likely 12-13 picks. Unbelievably exciting for the future.

nah n***a, nah.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

nah n***a, nah.

Wow nah n***a nah what a great agreement u just changed my thinking lmfao.... unlike alot of others I'm not putting much stock into Mr.blown knees .. yea yea yea I know gore had tha same problems but FYI HE AIN'T GORE.!!!!! let's see him play first before thinking he's tha next RB God y'all think he already is ....
Hunter James Gore(hoping gore retires a niner).. Freshly healed Lattimore( i kinda expect us to get to see Lattimore come playof time..) .. dont thnk we gonna need a RB next year unless its BPA..
Anyone know the number of wins the Chiefs must get for the Alex Smith trade to result in a 2nd round pick?
Looking at the team today, I would predict them picking an OC, CB, and MLB. But they will always be looking for game breaking talent at RB, WR, and DB.
Share 49ersWebzone