There are 260 users in the forums

Trade Down 20 Spots, recoup our 3rd Rounder?

Trade Down 20 Spots, recoup our 3rd Rounder?

Would you like the 49ers to trade down and recoup the third round pick we traded away for Eric Reid? For a straight up deal, it involves going down about 20 spots. Example: Miami trades up again, gives us #54 and #77 for #34.

Alternatively, we could throw in later picks to round it out.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd do 10 spots, but not 20.
I'd like to see one more trade up. Then the rest of the trades for future picks. We still have 11 picks. There is no way we pick 11 more players.
What are they going to do with all these picks? I see no reason to trade back just for the sole purpose of acquiring more picks when we already have too many. Trading up makes more sense than trading back unless its an offer we can't refuse. I'd rather see them trade back up into the third by packaging some late round picks than trading back to acquire more picks.
Baalke should parlay the #34 pick into future picks. Many Zoners talked about the possibility of the Niners trading down and getting another 1st rounder for 2014. Here's his chance.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
What are they going to do with all these picks? I see no reason to trade back just for the sole purpose of acquiring more picks when we already have too many. Trading up makes more sense than trading back unless its an offer we can't refuse. I'd rather see them trade back up into the third by packaging some late round picks than trading back to acquire more picks.
Well, they could also trade for future picks, too.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
No way !! I want that top WR or TE.
WE DONT NEED MORE PICKS!!!

either take BPA or trade for next years 1st rounder. thats the only options with #34. If we trade down for additional picks this year I will be pissed lol.
If they want to recoup a 3rd, package 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th round picks and move up.

Off topic- i kind of want Honey Badger on the team as nickle corner to cover the slot, and to blitz. We do have Harvin and Austin to deal with now.
Makes no sense to trade back just to have 2 3rds. Add a player over a pick. I don't think any player left on the board is valued enough by another team to give up their 1st rounder next year.
Why? we need to get rid of picks not gain them

We can recoup that 3rd rounder by trading some of our picks in rounds 4-6. No sense in trading back from 34 with so many good players available.
No - too far back.

This is where the big value picks are.
We need to add more talent to the roster, not trade down and aquire more picks. Hell I see us trading up and going after another second or 3rd round pick. Know way we draft 11 more players.
Quality over quantity.
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Quality over quantity.

This. I hope the 49ers stay put and use both second round picks or even trade back into the second round and make a third selection there. This round is loaded with talent. I'd be ok with trading back only to acquire a first round pick for next season but I don't see that happening.
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Apr 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone