There are 159 users in the forums

PICK #2 (40): Guess The Player And Position To Be Addressed Next

PICK #2 (40): Guess The Player And Position To Be Addressed Next

UPDATE: Pick traded to the Titans for pick 40. Ertz drafted by the Eagles.

With the first round pick out of the way, who will be drafted next and what position will be addressed next?

Guess will be TE and Zach Ertz. If Ertz is off the board, a rising Travis Kelce is not out of the question.
[ Edited by robniner on Apr 26, 2013 at 4:00 PM ]
Ertz
TE Ertz
Ertz is a huge reach at 34. I think we will go after a TE who can block at 61 (Kelce, McDonald) or trade back up in the 3rd.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Ertz is a huge reach at 34. I think we will go after a TE who can block at 61 (Kelce, McDonald) or trade back up in the 3rd.

Kelce may not be there at 61; his stock has been rising to the point he maybe picked somewhere in the second round.
Tank Carradine.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Ertz

This...may even move up for him.
Originally posted by robniner:
Kelce may not be there at 61; his stock has been rising to the point he maybe picked somewhere in the second round.

I would be surprised if McDonald and Kelce are both off the board, but there are plenty of other TE's later who aren't much worse than Ertz. Nick Kasa, Dion Sims, and Joseph Fauria aren't that much worse than Ertz in my opinion and they can block. We could also get Toilolo late or possibly convert Mark Harrison to TE - he has the length to be a great blocker if he puts on weight.
I wanted the DE Jones from UCLA but he was just picked
I said WR, but that changes if Patterson is gone. I really just want the BPA but I don't know what that is yet, only that it can't be TE because Ertz isn't even close to the 34th best prospect in my mind.

A few possible options (not saying all fit us):

tank carradine,jamar taylor, justin hunter, keenan allen, zach ertz, patton, jessie williams, woods, hunt, cyprien (ss), damontre moore, kawaan short

Would be happy with a number of them. I want Kelce or Escobar at 61 though unless we take Ertz at 34.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM ]
Not drafting a d-lineman would make this draft a C+ at best.
If Cordarrelle Patterson is there, do we take him?

EDITE* Nevermind, Vikings got him
[ Edited by NTeply49 on Apr 25, 2013 at 8:30 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Robert Woods
I wanted Datone Jones too. Next pick may be Jesse Williams or Tank Carradine.
Share 49ersWebzone