There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jbniner's Final Mock

Hey Dre, I have mixed feelings about Mathieu. I had him in my first two mocks. I think he is a very talented player and a good value in the 3rd round. And I know the Niners have been interested in him. But the red flags never seem to stop with him. If the Niners take him, I would be excited about the talent he brings. I went with DJ Hayden in this mock though because he is one hell of a smooth cb and probably a top 10 pick if he didn't have the medical issue. As far as pr/kr, it would be nice to see them bring someone in to help with that. Even with Ginn last year, our special teams was woeful. But i think between James, Hunter, Williams, and Cox they have enough resources to fill that need in-house if they have to. Especially if Hunter is healthy and returns as the primary backup for Gore, they will need to find other ways to let James contribute. We shall see very very soon though.
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
This is really great! Not to be a critic but I bet they end up trading some picks for future selections. But it's a 2013 mock so I get what you're doing. Great job!

Hey Shane, I too think they will get something back for 2014. Just not exactly sure how or where. But it is very likely.
Originally posted by blm7754:
VERY good mock. I think this is the kind of trading to expect on draft day. Not big jumps.... just slight movements giving up late round picks to get the right players in rounds 1-3.

All of your picks are very good. My only comment would be that I doubt Kelce is available in the 4th. One could argue him as the 2nd best TE in this draft. However, there should still be good TEs available in the early 4th.

Thanks for the feedback. I also worry that Kelce won't be there at this pick. There is a good chance that they try to grab him in the 3rd. I like Kelce a lot, but as you point out there are some other very good TE options that will likely be around in the 4th. I think Dion Sims is an interesting option.
[ Edited by Jbniner on Apr 25, 2013 at 6:37 AM ]
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Oh I'd cream my undies if this happened
Well, I am very happy with how the draft turned out. I whiffed on a few of these picks, and my placement was a bit off. Hayden in particular went a lot earlier. But I named 4 of them: Tank, Patton, Dial, and Okoye.

Go Niners!
Originally posted by Jbniner:
Well, I am very happy with how the draft turned out. I whiffed on a few of these picks, and my placement was a bit off. Hayden in particular went a lot earlier. But I named 4 of them: Tank, Patton, Dial, and Okoye.

Go Niners!

Nice job! The trades messed things up and teams really went on runs on OL, WR's. RB's, etc. all at once. If you can guess 3 or 4 players, you did good, esp. if you can nail down the positions and the order of importance.