There are 150 users in the forums

Jbniner's Final Mock

My Final Mock

1(31): trade 3(93) for Colts 24: DE Tank Carradine (Colts need picks. We need Carradine before the Broncos pick. He's a top talent that dropped because of the injury, but is climbing fast. I am not averse to Datone Jones either. And I like Sheldon Richardson a little more than either Carradine or Jones. But trading to 13 or 14 for Richardson is cost prohibitive. If he drops to 18, that would be a value pick).

2(34): CB DJ Hayden (A lot of hype right now, but I still think he makes it to 34).

2(61): trade 5 and 7 for Packers 55: WR Quinton Patton (Very polished WR. Jonathan Banks called him the best WR he's played against. We cut in front of Seattle who also wants him, and we all watch their expressions in the draft room on TV. It is a deep draft in WR's and there are a number of good ones that might be available in the late 2nd/early 3rd. It would be a very good value to grab one of them there).

3(74): S DJ Swearinger (I think Swearinger is their safety. He is very aggressive, but has enough speed and coverage skill to compensate for it. Other options will likely be available here as well, like Thomas, Rambo, or maybe Amerson. No need to reach early on a safety).

3(93): traded

4: trade both 6's for top of the 4th: TE Travis Kelce (The Niners reportedly really like him. He's very well-rounded as a blocker and receiver. This seems to be where he is listed in most mocks. I hope that we can get him here).

4c: OL David Quessenberry (Can play anywhere on the line. I think Looney takes over as center in 2014. We need another versatile OL backup).

5: traded
6: traded
7: traded

7c LB Michael Mauti (Injury concerns. But arguably Penn State's best player. Very dominant when healthy. I also like DE's Quanterus Smith, Quinton Dial, and rogue athlete Lawrence Okoye here).

7c QB Collin Klein (We have 2 backup pocket QBs in Tolzien and McCoy. It would be nice to bring in another mobile QB option for camp and the scout team).

c: compensatory pick
[ Edited by Jbniner on Apr 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM ]
VERY good mock. I think this is the kind of trading to expect on draft day. Not big jumps.... just slight movements giving up late round picks to get the right players in rounds 1-3.

All of your picks are very good. My only comment would be that I doubt Kelce is available in the 4th. One could argue him as the 2nd best TE in this draft. However, there should still be good TEs available in the early 4th.
Really good job. Love the first 5 picks.
Awesome. If Healthy Tank could be a top 5 or 10 pick. Love the picks and I agree with aggressive trades to land the guys we want but not moving up too far. 13 rookies won't make the team and supposedly we have 10 picks already for next so we will be in the same situation next as well. That's too many rookies so the packaged picks make sense.
VERY good!

Not far-fetched, and could happen.

If it did, I'd really be happy with this.

7c - I think Dial is going to be a VERY good NFL player.
If this were our draft, I would be one happy oldman for sure!
Finally a WZ mock I can get behind 100%. Love It!
great job!
Good mock, although I think we'll address FS before 3rd round. But overall I could live with this.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
good job, good effort

This would be a PERFECT draft.
[ Edited by RollinWith21n52 on Apr 24, 2013 at 5:00 PM ]
This is really great! Not to be a critic but I bet they end up trading some picks for future selections. But it's a 2013 mock so I get what you're doing. Great job!
Love the first 5 picks, but Kelce is not going to last that long. Just an opinion, but Klein isn't my favorite option as our 4th QB. I just think we can find someone who can throw the ball better like Sean Renfree, Ryan Griffin, or Colby Cameron.
Originally posted by Jbniner:
My Final Mock

1(31): trade 3(93) for Colts 24: DE Tank Carradine (Colts need picks. We need Carradine before the Broncos pick. He's a top talent that dropped because of the injury, but is climbing fast. I am not averse to Datone Jones either. And I like Sheldon Richardson a little more than either Carradine or Jones. But trading to 13 or 14 for Richardson is cost prohibitive. If he drops to 18, that would be a value pick).

2(34): CB DJ Hayden (A lot of hype right now, but I still think he makes it to 34).

2(61): trade 5 and 7 for Packers 55: WR Quinton Patton (Very polished WR. Jonathan Banks called him the best WR he's played against. We cut in front of Seattle who also wants him, and we all watch their expressions in the draft room on TV. It is a deep draft in WR's and there are a number of good ones that might be available in the late 2nd/early 3rd. It would be a very good value to grab one of them there).

3(74): S DJ Swearinger (I think Swearinger is their safety. He is very aggressive, but has enough speed and coverage skill to compensate for it. Other options will likely be available here as well, like Thomas, Rambo, or maybe Amerson. No need to reach early on a safety).

4: trade both 6's for top of the 4th: TE Travis Kelce (The Niners reportedly really like him. He's very well-rounded as a blocker and receiver. This seems to be where he is listed in most mocks. I hope that we can get him here).

4c: OL David Quessenberry (Can play anywhere on the line. I think Looney takes over as center in 2014. We need another versatile OL backup).

7c LB Michael Mauti (Injury concerns. But arguably Penn State's best player. Very dominant when healthy. I also like DE's Quanterus Smith, Quinton Dial, and rogue athlete Lawrence Okoye here).

7c QB Collin Klein (We have 2 backup pocket QBs in Tolzien and McCoy. It would be nice to bring in another mobile QB option for camp and the scout team).

Hey you don't like Honey Badger or what about punt returner and we also need a olb... But I must say I like your mock draft... I AM GLAD U PUT TANK... I do NOT LIKE DATONE JONES
Originally posted by dre2much2003:
Originally posted by Jbniner:
My Final Mock

Hey you don't like Honey Badger or what about punt returner and we also need a olb... But I must say I like your mock draft... I AM GLAD U PUT TANK... I do NOT LIKE DATONE JONES

We need A DT
Share 49ersWebzone