There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bold Prediction! 49ers Trade OUT of the First Round

Agreed. Been saying this all along...31st to move back for a QB hungry team and acquire even more for the 2-4th rounds and next year.
I have thought this was a possibility. If they trade down and up to group picks in rounds two and three they could have incredible depth for years to come. This draft is very even with few sure stars in the first round, so why not go for several DBs and DL in the second and third, along with the best TE falling in the right spot. Will they do this? Have no idea!

So, do I trust Baalke in the second round? Kaepernick and James? Yes, I think we should trust the guy to find good to great second rounders!
I think our best chance to trade down, and get awesome value, is at 34. We pick one spot ahead of the Eagles, who could be looking at EJ Manuel. We'd have the whole time between the end of round 1 on Thursday and the start of round 2 on Friday to take offers.
Originally posted by NowImLost:
I think our best chance to trade down, and get awesome value, is at 34. We pick one spot ahead of the Eagles, who could be looking at EJ Manuel. We'd have the whole time between the end of round 1 on Thursday and the start of round 2 on Friday to take offers.

Good point!
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I think all the "move up" buzz is obfuscation. I think the 49ers will trade out of the first and go with the middle of the draft where it is the strongest and select 6 to 7 players all within the first 4 rounds.

Thoughts?

THIS WILL HAPPEN!!! BOOK IT!!!

The niners WILL trade up, but they will use #34 and a collection of other picks to get between 10-20

The niners WILL trade back at #31 at the end of the first round when someone comes sniffing around for the second tier QBs like Nassib or Manuel. Extra contract year for possible franchise QB at reasonable rate makes #31 a great spot for Buffalo, Eagles, Raiders to grab a QB
[ Edited by Big_Daddy on Apr 23, 2013 at 11:33 PM ]
Roster is too full. The 49ers have too many picks. They'll move up, guaranteed.
This team doesnt need depth, it needs premium talent. Most of our picks wont even make the team, and were already stacked for next year.

If were moving, its up, not back.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Apr 24, 2013 at 12:38 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
This team doesnt need depth, it needs premium talent. Most of our picks wont even make the team, and were already stacked for next year.

THIS.
Any trades will net either consolidating picks and moving up, or adding to and/or moving up next year. Whether or not we move back once or twice, I seriously doubt we move back more than we move up in this or next years' drafts. We want quality, not volume.
This team needs starters at DL and FS; and depth at DBs, DL, TE, OT, ILB...at a minimum. That represents 8 picks, late round picks being unlikely to make it. So trading down and up for 8 picks in the second and third rounds would make sense to me.
There has to be a bunch of my targets off the board for me to get on board with trading 31..... or... or... well, I'll have to then buy a new laptop, window, and pay for any damages for the street below.

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
There has to be a bunch of my targets off the board for me to get on board with trading 31..... or... or... well, I'll have to then buy a new laptop, window, and pay for any damages for the street below.

LOL! I think there will be at least five guys I really like at 31, but if not...I'm there with you! Ertz, Hayden, Banks, Poyer, Elam, Reid, Cyprien, J Williams, D Jones, Okafor, Hankins, So many guys I really like! Some of them have got to be there!
Originally posted by Niners99:

So what is premium talent and yes chances are you find it in the 1st round but we have found premium talent outside of the first round repeatedly on this team. Remember Baalke's philosophy - you don't draft a player to start this season - you develop him. This is a development league. Read between the lines. There's way too much "buzz" around the 49ers looking to move up. When have you known this team to telegraph their intentions about a strategy or a player under Baalke-Harbaugh? They're not going to be predictable here - and conventional wisdom has them moving up..... which means expect them to trade out of a depth draft class that is created for development. Remember the 49ers are looking at 2014. They can't keep everyone. You have to develop some good guys along the way. Enter the 2013 Draft.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
I think all the "move up" buzz is obfuscation. I think the 49ers will trade out of the first and go with the middle of the draft where it is the strongest and select 6 to 7 players all within the first 4 rounds.

Thoughts?

We don't need to trade to get 6-7 players in the first 4 rounds. We already have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds. But I would be down to trade back out of the first round and try and get 6-8 guys in rounds 2-3.

Figure you trade 31 for a 2nd and 3rd. Now you have 3 2nds and 3 3rds, then you can trade the 2 4ths for a 3rd. Now you have 7 picks in rounds 2-3.

7 potential future starters right there son.

Can't trade the extra 4th but I love the line of thinking presented here. We can get a quality FS, SS, CB (basically a totally revamped secondary that should be ready to go by 2014/2015), a WR as insurance in case Crabtree's price is too high or as a complement to Crabtree should he stay on, a NT of the future, TE, and maybe a swing tackle?

This has Baalke written all over it. Now I wonder what players we would grab and in what round. I wouldn't mind a backup QB and some defensive line depth either.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Thoughts?

We don't need to trade to get 6-7 players in the first 4 rounds. We already have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds. But I would be down to trade back out of the first round and try and get 6-8 guys in rounds 2-3.

Figure you trade 31 for a 2nd and 3rd. Now you have 3 2nds and 3 3rds, then you can trade the 2 4ths for a 3rd. Now you have 7 picks in rounds 2-3.

7 potential future starters right there son.

Exactly - sorry this is what I meant (I need to stop posting after pub runs).