There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rumor about 49ers trying to trade to top 15.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8385/ezekiel-ansah

EDIT: better link, original source article: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--falcons--niners-could-be-in-nfl-draft-trade-mix-214722345.html
[ Edited by LieutKaffee on Apr 21, 2013 at 3:46 PM ]
can ziggy play 34 end? We already have a more polished ziggyand his name is Aldon. Unless we want him to eventually replace Ahmad.

Again, this could be all smoke and mirrors.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
can ziggy play 34 end? We already have a more polished ziggyand his name is Aldon. Unless we want him to eventually replace Ahmad.

Seems like Ziggy and Carradine have similar builds. Here's one relevant tweet:

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris3m
Absolutely, but would like to see him kept at one spot to develop RT @EricWestlund: Do you believe Ansah could play 5-tech?
There is no rumor there. The rumor says they want a DL. The rest is just the writer saying what makes sense to him. Misleading thread title
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Man, I hope that doesn't happen. No one knows how old this guy is. For all we know he could be 35 or something.
  • buhda
  • Veteran
Sheldon Richardson.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
There is no rumor there. The rumor says they want a DL. The rest is just the writer saying what makes sense to him. Misleading thread title

Misleading thread title? Everything I read on twitter included the word "rumor" and I thought the Zone might like to have it passed along. Blow me.

Walter Cherepinsky ‏@walterfootball3m
"@evansilva Here's a rumor that pick-rich #49ers are trying to get to No. 13 or 14. Believed to be targeting D-Lineman" Sheldon Richardson?
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

Seems like Ziggy and Carradine have similar builds. Here's one relevant tweet:

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris3m
Absolutely, but would like to see him kept at one spot to develop RT @EricWestlund: Do you believe Ansah could play 5-tech?

Interesting. If Baalke likes what he sees in Ansah then i'm down for this. Otherwise, no use trading up when we can stay put for the same type of player in Carradine.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Man, I hope that doesn't happen. No one knows how old this guy is. For all we know he could be 35 or something.

guy looks like he's up there in years.
I don't get the hype with the guy. People consider Hunt raw, this guy is more raw than any player in the draft.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I don't get the hype with the guy. People consider Hunt raw, this guy is more raw than any player in the draft.

Well another writer speculated that such a trade would be for Sheldon Richardson. So there's that.
Originally posted by mayo49:

He's 46
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

LOL that guy looks old as hell
Sounds more like a random GM playing the guessing game based on all our picks or a leverage ploy against teams who are looking at Sheldon Richardson or whichever DL who could go in the early teens than any actual true intel on our draft plans.
Originally posted by NowImLost:
Sounds more like a random GM playing the guessing game based on all our picks or a leverage ploy against teams who are looking at Sheldon Richardson or whichever DL who could go in the early teens than any actual true intel on our draft plans.

The Ziggy interest was bare speculation, but Cole cited a GM source about us moving to 13 or 14. Doesn't mean it will happen, obviously, but it's more than writer speculation at least.