LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

Rumor about 49ers trying to trade to top 15.

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Probably just rumors really dont want to trade up but if we did I would say it would be for Richardson, Austin or possibly Lotulelei. I'd prefer to keep to keep 31, 34, 61, 74 and 93. If anything I would trade down from 31 or 34 to get more picks.

Normally I am for 3 future starters/backups vs 1 potential super star but this year since we have the 5 picks in the first 93 I wouldn't hate it. We will see but it's probably rumors and speculation by writers just because we have a lot of picks. No credibility by the media these days. They threw our name out for Revis just because we had a lot of picks. Could have been us just calling and seeing what they wanted and they can turn it into 9ers favorites for Revis or 9ers in heavy pursuit of Revis.

Agreed. Would rather hold onto our picks. Your "3 future starters/backups vs 1 potential super star" is particularly important this year, because it seems agreed there is less star potential in the top 15 than in typical years.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

This isn't worth a thread in the DRAFT WAR ROOM, just five days BEFORE THE DRAFT?

Agree to disagree.

Yeah, I guess you are right.

It does give us something to discuss.
Originally posted by buck:

This isn't worth a thread in the DRAFT WAR ROOM, just five days BEFORE THE DRAFT?

Agree to disagree.

Yeah, I guess you are right.

It does give us something to discuss.

Sorry to get defensive, haha.
If we move up it better be for Sheldon Richardson if not stay where we at and take Tank.IMO
Originally posted by buhda:
Sheldon Richardson.

so this.
lets trade willis and take manti te'o
Originally posted by VA49erFaithful:
If we move up it better be for Sheldon Richardson if not stay where we at and take Tank.IMO

What about moving up for Vaccaro?
Agreed. Would rather hold onto our picks. Your "3 future starters/backups vs 1 potential super star" is particularly important this year, because it seems agreed there is less star potential in the top 15 than in typical years.

Not too much star power at the top, decent depth but seems like an average or worse 1st round. Not too much of a dropoff between the late teens through 45.

As for trading up I addressed the 3 I thought might be worth it. Wanted to add not a fan of Vaccaro, not that much better than Reid or Cyprien in my opinion. Rhodes if he is still available would be a nice pick but not really worth the trade up and we don't need a CB that bad.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Man, I hope that doesn't happen. No one knows how old this guy is. For all we know he could be 35 or something.

We're going to see a lot of these...typically, though, even if teams agree to trade prior to the draft, they keep it under wraps 'til the 1st rd's underway. I for one am hoping Baalke doesn't trade up in the 1st unless it's just a couple of spots to get a player they really want. Trading into the top half of the draft is just waaay too expensive.

• cgida
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
There is no rumor there. The rumor says they want a DL. The rest is just the writer saying what makes sense to him. Misleading thread title

Yeah. There is nothing that says they are in talks. Just more speculation.
i think that 31st and 34th picks will be a golden commodity since Barkley and those other scrubs QB's will be there. I say we can trade the 34th to Buffalo for a future first and a current 4th. I would do that since Buffalo will be a top 10 pick nexxt year.
Unless we can snag Lotulelei than no.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
We're going to see a lot of these...typically, though, even if teams agree to trade prior to the draft, they keep it under wraps 'til the 1st rd's underway. I for one am hoping Baalke doesn't trade up in the 1st unless it's just a couple of spots to get a player they really want. Trading into the top half of the draft is just waaay too expensive.

re: trading up only a few spots, I see Denver at 28 (losing Dumervil) and Atlanta at 30 (losing Abraham) as strong possibilities for Tank Carradine after his good workout.

If we came away similarly impressed, we should swap with Houston at 27, who could take OT Melenik Watson later.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by VA49erFaithful:

What about moving up for Vaccaro?

word... we are going to miss goldson.
Share 49ersWebzone