LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

Mayock's Top 100

• kent
  • Veteran
Not very supportive of some of my favorites ...

30. Cordarrelle Patterson
42. DeAndre Hopkins
56. Tank Carradine
N/A. Phillip Thomas

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000161676/article/2013-nfl-draft-mike-mayocks-top-100-prospects
Originally posted by kent:

42. DeAndre Hopkins
56. Tank Carradine
N/A. Phillip Thomas

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000161676/article/2013-nfl-draft-mike-mayocks-top-100-prospects

I hear ya... Jesse Williams at 97? William Gholston at 77?
He must live on the east coast.
I respect Mayock's opinion, but there are some real head scratchers here.
Originally posted by KezarLivin:

Well, what NFL player do you see Jesse Williams being closest to?

42. DeAndre Hopkins
56. Tank Carradine
N/A. Phillip Thomas

Wow
Mayock over the last few years seems to try too hard and make bold statements to try to stand out from other analysts. Thats the vibe I get from him anyway. Like hes on some high horse and his view is always fact. Irritates me sometimes.

I know, I know... "WHY YOU MAD"?
Actually, this list seems pretty spot on to me. I doubt this is actually how the draft falls though. For example, Hayden over Milliner? You could make a case for that based on film/production... but Hayden's medical issues will scare teams off and make Milliner the top CB pick. There are a couple other similar cases.

Coradelle Patterson at 30 is about right I think. He's got great upside, but only 1 productive year and raw technique justify the ranking for him. DeAndre Hopkins at 42 is also spot on. His limited speed is his downfall.

Not sure I agree with Tank Carradine at 56. I think that's a tad low, but not drastically off base.

Only major oversight I noticed was no Da'Rick Rogers. Based on his talent and on-the-field production, he's a top 50 guy IMO. There are other less talented guys on Mayock's list with similar character flags as Rogers.
Originally posted by KezarLivin:

42. DeAndre Hopkins
56. Tank Carradine
N/A. Phillip Thomas

Finally somebody correctly rates Jesse Williams. That's about right for a powerful run stopper with zero pass rushing skill.

I'm a little supprised he put Gholston at 77. Seems high for him.
Mayock is wrong so so often it's painful. I know all analysts make mistakes, but he seems to never be right. Hopkins at 42? Ha!

Mayock>Kiper

D.J. Swearinger 57 pretty legit
I trust Mel Kiper Jr. I do not trust Mayock or Mcshay
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Umm... Da f**k?

89. John Simon, DT, Ohio State

Mayock really think Simon gonna play DT in the NFL? I know dude is strong, but physics still say nuh-uh.

You guys have to understand that not all player evaluations are based on production alone. Patterson for example had a great year stat wise, but some teams will question his work ethic and there are some 'red flags' for off field issues.

Receivers these days and especially for the Niners, have to be willing to do EVERYTHING asked of them. Which is why someone like Tavon Austin is the example of someone you can use in multiple formations and can help your team in a number of areas. With him you know what you're getting from Day 1. With some of these other guys the unknown can be scary!!
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Umm... Da f**k?

89. John Simon, DT, Ohio State

Mayock really think Simon gonna play DT in the NFL? I know dude is strong, but physics still say nuh-uh.

Why do you say this? I don't know enough about him.

Weight? Injury?...
Share 49ersWebzone