There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mock Mock

I got all the measurements and 40 times from CBSsports prospect rankings. The 40's may differ a bit from combine #'s.

I didn't take a nose tackle until later. I think Dorsey and Ian Williams can fill that role. We are mostly ok in the run defense department. What we really need is more pass rush depth at the DE/OLB positions and also more help in the secondary. I address both of these things to a great extent in this draft.

Trade our 31st and 175th picks for picks 47 and 80.

1. (31) Traded for picks 47 and 80.

2. (34) Tank Carradine DE Florida State. 6'4 276 40-4.75 (Dude is a f**king explosive ass pass rusher. Exactly what we need from a 3'4 DE. And yes I think he can play it)

2. (47) DJ Hayden CB Houston 5'11 191 40- 4.42 (The next Darrelle Revis. Yup I said it Similar measurables to Revis as well.)

2. (61) David Amerson CB/FS North Carolina State 6'1 205 40- 4.35 (mother f**king ballhawk. I want this guy as our Free Safety. Think he'd make for a much better safety than corner)

3. (74) Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State 5'11 189 40- 4.40 (reminds me of chad ochocinco. Very smooth. Also versatile and can be given handoffs as well.)

3. (80) Jamie Collins OLB Southern Mississippi 6'4 250 40-4.59 (Had 10 sacks on a weak defense and very athletic. Will spell Aldon and Brooks. Him and Tank greatly help us in the pass rush department.)

3. (93) Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati 6'5 255 40- 4.64 (Big physical athletic and had 8 tds last year.)

4. (128) Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina 5'11 221 40-4.62 (Amazing value. Can redshirt and become Gore's replacement.)

4. (131) Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU 5'9 186 40-4.46 (Percy Harvin and potential Tavon austin neutralizer. True playmaker. Natural football player.)

5. (157) Duke Williams SS Nevada 5'11 203 40- 4.48 (Dude is a football player and will be Whitners replacement. Plus his name is Duke. That's a badass name)

6. (175) Traded to Dallas for picks 47 and 80

6. (180) TJ Barnes DT Georgia Tech 6'6 369 40- 5.19 (Big man that can possibly be used as our nose on run downs)

7. (227) Lawrence Okoye DE/DT 6'6 308 40-4.78 (Athletic animal. Imagine if he can be turned into a football player. I don't know what the f**k is up with that haircut though.)

7. (246) Mark Harrison WR Rutger 6'3 231 40-4.37 (Huge athletic receiver with long ass arms. Had one solid year in college)

7. (252) Joseph Fauria TE UCLA 6'8 259 40- 4.77 (Huge redzone threat. Had 12 tds last year.)

[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Apr 16, 2013 at 7:46 PM ]
would not be mad
Very nice mock
Originally posted by tohara3:
Very nice mock

Thank you.
2. (61) David Amerson CB/FS North Carolina State 6'1 205 40- 4.35 (mother f**king ballhawk. I want this guy as our Free Safety. Think he'd make for a much better safety than corner)....

I agreed with ya! I really loved to watch him played at Free Safety better than Corner! We need draft at FS that is very important for us!! We need so badly!!
Not to hate, but I think we could get more than a 2nd and 3rd for 31 and throw in 157. a 2014 2nd isn't out of the market.

Also why so CB heavy? Brown, Cully, Carlos and Nnamdi likely make it, and where do Hayden and Mathieu fit in plus Amerson?
Like this mock...but still want a NT in the first three rounds...I'll hold my breath!

Seriously, I could see the 9ers getting many of these guys. It seems likely to me that they will draft a FS/CB type to replace Goldson and improve coverage. And getting two WRs and two TEs makes sense as well.
I don't think Fauria drops that far. But otherwise my favorite mock so far!
Awesome draft, would be estatic if this is the way it goes down, and I don't mind the secondary heavy draft because we are getting great value at numerous needs and there are no guarentees in the NFL. Rogers could be gone next offseason and Nnamdi is only under contract for one year. Amerson could be a good free safety in this league as he has good ball skills and has the size at 6'3" and athletic ability. I like Hayden and think he could be a solid corner on the outside in years to come, dude breaks on the ball good. Matheau I want to be a niner bad, he can cover the slot, fill in at free safety if need be, and return punts and kicks, adds value in many different areas. Like Carradine pick as well, and your right he is very explosive, even coming off an injury I think he will make the transition to the NFL nicely. Overall very nice mock!
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Not to hate, but I think we could get more than a 2nd and 3rd for 31 and throw in 157. a 2014 2nd isn't out of the market.

Also why so CB heavy? Brown, Cully, Carlos and Nnamdi likely make it, and where do Hayden and Mathieu fit in plus Amerson?
I was using this value chart http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

Amerson would play FS. We'd go 6 corners Nnamdi, Brown, Rogers, Culliver, Hayden and Mathieu. Brock and Cox would get cut in this scenario.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Like this mock...but still want a NT in the first three rounds...I'll hold my breath!

Seriously, I could see the 9ers getting many of these guys. It seems likely to me that they will draft a FS/CB type to replace Goldson and improve coverage. And getting two WRs and two TEs makes sense as well.

Yeah I really want a guy with speed, range, and coverage ability back there at FS. I prefer Amerson over any of the true FS in this class.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I don't think Fauria drops that far. But otherwise my favorite mock so far!

Crossing my fingers. If not, no biggy. We get Kelce in this scenario and maybe use Mark Harrison in a Delanie Walker type of role down the line.
Originally posted by iowa49er_75:
Awesome draft, would be estatic if this is the way it goes down, and I don't mind the secondary heavy draft because we are getting great value at numerous needs and there are no guarentees in the NFL. Rogers could be gone next offseason and Nnamdi is only under contract for one year. Amerson could be a good free safety in this league as he has good ball skills and has the size at 6'3" and athletic ability. I like Hayden and think he could be a solid corner on the outside in years to come, dude breaks on the ball good. Matheau I want to be a niner bad, he can cover the slot, fill in at free safety if need be, and return punts and kicks, adds value in many different areas. Like Carradine pick as well, and your right he is very explosive, even coming off an injury I think he will make the transition to the NFL nicely. Overall very nice mock!

Thank you. Yup you pretty much sum up how I feel about all of that.
Love it!
Originally posted by filthyrich49er:
Love it!

Thanks
I think we still need a NT earlier also but, damn, Cat Daddy! This is, if not the best, one of the top two, three mocks I've seen and this includes the "experts" (Rang, Brugler,Walter). Call Harbalke immediately! The rugby player, yeah! And Duke Williams, to me he is the Jadaveon(?)Clowney of DB's. I would be cool with this draft scenario. And, I believe there are at least three guys on your mock that the Niners will actually pick! LET'S DO THE DAMN THING!!!!!
Originally posted by NinerTy:
I think we still need a NT earlier also but, damn, Cat Daddy! This is, if not the best, one of the top two, three mocks I've seen and this includes the "experts" (Rang, Brugler,Walter). Call Harbalke immediately! The rugby player, yeah! And Duke Williams, to me he is the Jadaveon(?)Clowney of DB's. I would be cool with this draft scenario. And, I believe there are at least three guys on your mock that the Niners will actually pick! LET'S DO THE DAMN THING!!!!!

Thanks man. And f**k yeah! I'm with you brotha!
Great mock. Would love for it to play out this way.