LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Best Realistic Mock Draft 3.0 4/16

Good mock. Only thing i'd change would be to take a Cb with the 2nd 2nd round pick.
Originally posted by blm7754:
We also need a CB. B.W. Webb and Jordan Poyer would be good picks at 61.

WR at 74... Dobson or DaRick Rogers. I have a feeling Kelce won't be there at 74 anyways. He's viewed by some as the 2nd best TE in the draft.

Don't know why people want us to have a head case like Rogers so bad ...do people not get we're a team first not a I I I team ??
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Take a Wr at 61.

who would you recommend that would be there at 61?

Actually, I would take Ertz at 61 and DaRick at 74.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 12, 2013 at 10:57 AM ]
Take a Wr at 61.

who would you recommend that would be there at 61?

Actually, I would take Ertz at 61 and DaRick at 74.

Ertz was a very steady 43.1 and mid 40s on every board I looked at, or I would have considered him at 61. Kelce was 90.3 while Vance McDonald was an even 103.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by blm7754:
We also need a CB. B.W. Webb and Jordan Poyer would be good picks at 61.

WR at 74... Dobson or DaRick Rogers. I have a feeling Kelce won't be there at 74 anyways. He's viewed by some as the 2nd best TE in the draft.

Don't know why people want us to have a head case like Rogers so bad ...do people not get we're a team first not a I I I team ??

Agree 100%. Both he and Patterson came off as arrogant and self centered to me in game changers. Another opinion, don't murder me for that one too!! lol
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
If this were our draft results, I'd be a very happy fella.

Throw in an OT like Reid Fragel instead of doubling up on rush LB (Trevardo) and it is even mo betta.
Picked up Quessenberry and Baca in the later rounds, but kept Trevardo

Originally posted by lamontb:
Good mock. Only thing i'd change would be to take a Cb with the 2nd 2nd round pick.

Who would you prefer, Amerson or Slay?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Personally, I think that Harbaugh will be drafting TEs from his college team.. I expect him to draft both Ertz and Toilolo if both are available..
Just a quick mock with no trades. Since everyone said my last draft was a little too perfect with players falling, here's a mock draft I put together by measuring players average position on 6 different big boards that had all been updated in last month to decide who would be available for most of my picks and where. Datone Jones came out at 30.83 which is perfect, and Cyprien was 44.3 while Reed was 53.3 for example. Hope you enjoy!

Round 1 Pick 31: Datone Jones DE UCLA - Adds pressure up the middle in passing situations and can rotate Smith and McDonald and keep them fresh.
Round 2 Pick 34: Eric Reid S LSU or Jonathan Cyprien S FIU - I like both of these guys and feel either of them would be worth this pick and one will be here at 34. Both are fast and rangy safeties that aren't afraid to hit, and both can play both safety positions in case we decide to part ways with Whittner.
Round 2 Pick 61: Vance McDonald TE Rice or Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati Since we use 2 TE sets as much as anyone we add a playmaker and redzone threat.
Round 3 Pick 74: David Amerson CB/S or Darius Slay CB Mississippi State (72.2) Either of these guys adds size, speed, and playmaking ability to our secondary and can match up with bigger receivers.
Round 3 Pick 93: Aaron Dobson WR Marshall Very good hands with a tall frame and enough speed to be a deep threat outside with the potential to be a star receiver.
Round 4 Pick 128: Matt Scott QB Arizona - Almost a mirror image of Kaepernick, Harbaugh can groom this guy into a solid back up
Round 4 Pick 131: David Quessenberry OL San Jose St. - Flexible offensive linemen who adds depth at tackle and guard
Round 5 Pick 157: Trevardo Williams OLB Conneticut - Great athlete with pass rushing ability
Round 5 Pick 175: Chris Gragg TE Arkansas - H-Back type tight end - probably best athlete at tight end in draft
Round 6 Pick 180: Josh Boyd NT Mississippi State - Underrated nose tackle for Tomsula to groom
Round 7 Pick 227: Rodney Smith WR Florida State - Huge wide out with decent speed and leaping ability
Round 7 Pick 246: Jeff Baca OL UCLA - Another flexible linemen with experience at tackle but primarily a guard
Round 7 Pick 252: Rashaan Melvin CB Northern Illinois - Fantastic athlete that's had his stock drop due to injuries
Aye I am loving your mock draft but do you honestly feel we need a another quaterback?
Originally posted by dre2much2003:
Just a quick mock with no trades. Since everyone said my last draft was a little too perfect with players falling, here's a mock draft I put together by measuring players average position on 6 different big boards that had all been updated in last month to decide who would be available for most of my picks and where. Datone Jones came out at 30.83 which is perfect, and Cyprien was 44.3 while Reed was 53.3 for example. Hope you enjoy!

Round 1 Pick 31: Datone Jones DE UCLA - Adds pressure up the middle in passing situations and can rotate Smith and McDonald and keep them fresh.
Round 2 Pick 34: Eric Reid S LSU or Jonathan Cyprien S FIU - I like both of these guys and feel either of them would be worth this pick and one will be here at 34. Both are fast and rangy safeties that aren't afraid to hit, and both can play both safety positions in case we decide to part ways with Whittner.
Round 2 Pick 61: Vance McDonald TE Rice or Travis Kelce TE Cincinnati Since we use 2 TE sets as much as anyone we add a playmaker and redzone threat.
Round 3 Pick 74: David Amerson CB/S or Darius Slay CB Mississippi State (72.2) Either of these guys adds size, speed, and playmaking ability to our secondary and can match up with bigger receivers.
Round 3 Pick 93: Aaron Dobson WR Marshall Very good hands with a tall frame and enough speed to be a deep threat outside with the potential to be a star receiver.
Round 4 Pick 128: Matt Scott QB Arizona - Almost a mirror image of Kaepernick, Harbaugh can groom this guy into a solid back up
Round 4 Pick 131: David Quessenberry OL San Jose St. - Flexible offensive linemen who adds depth at tackle and guard
Round 5 Pick 157: Trevardo Williams OLB Conneticut - Great athlete with pass rushing ability
Round 5 Pick 175: Chris Gragg TE Arkansas - H-Back type tight end - probably best athlete at tight end in draft
Round 6 Pick 180: Josh Boyd NT Mississippi State - Underrated nose tackle for Tomsula to groom
Round 7 Pick 227: Rodney Smith WR Florida State - Huge wide out with decent speed and leaping ability
Round 7 Pick 246: Jeff Baca OL UCLA - Another flexible linemen with experience at tackle but primarily a guard
Round 7 Pick 252: Rashaan Melvin CB Northern Illinois - Fantastic athlete that's had his stock drop due to injuries
Aye I am loving your mock draft but do you honestly feel we need a another quaterback?
First of all, thank you for your feedback. It makes this so much more fun. To answer your question, I don't think we need another QB, but with as many picks as we have we should roll the dice on one, because you can never have too many starting calibur QBs on your team, and even if they don't play you can still build their trade value. I chose Matt Scott because of the similarities I see between him and Kaepernick. We have the best offense to fit his talent and skill set, and even if he doesn't ever start for us, he could have a good preseason and become the envy of some teams trying to emulate our offense, and could be traded for a pick based on potential, preseason, and a little playing time. I am also a fan of competition and depth at key positions. I wanted to draft a QB to provide some competition, and my other choice was Sean Renfree at pick 175 or 180.My original pick for that spot was going to be Le'Veon Bell, which would give us a power back to compliment our stable of quick 3d down backs. He also has good hands and could be used on play actions out of the back field from running formations in goal line situations. I'm kind of talking myself into picking him. The other two guys I had slotted as BPA at the slot were TE Dion Sims and OLB Brandon Jenkins but I handled those positions at other spots in the draft.

Originally posted by 9moon:
Personally, I think that Harbaugh will be drafting TEs from his college team.. I expect him to draft both Ertz and Toilolo if both are available..

people said that about Fleener as well, but that wasn't as big a need at the time. I think Toilolo has a better chance of being drafted by us than Ertz. There's also a small chance Toilolo goes undrafted, but I think someone will at the very least take a 6th or 7th round flier on him
  • dj43
Luv tha D.Jones pick hate cyprien just not sold on him so I'd want Reid .. I'm in tha thinking at #61 we need a CB T.brown a free agent next yr N IMO he ain't worth 4-6 million a yr .. really don't see us drafting Collins he's a luxury pick N wont be tha heir to Brooks with him in tha second yr of his fat money ...luv tha Fredrick pick maybe change out tha second TE N put in a swing OT ...

I know it is cool in some circles to talk like this but for those of us who don't talk/write like this, it makes it hard to read. Just saying...
Originally posted by dj43:
Luv tha D.Jones pick hate cyprien just not sold on him so I'd want Reid .. I'm in tha thinking at #61 we need a CB T.brown a free agent next yr N IMO he ain't worth 4-6 million a yr .. really don't see us drafting Collins he's a luxury pick N wont be tha heir to Brooks with him in tha second yr of his fat money ...luv tha Fredrick pick maybe change out tha second TE N put in a swing OT ...

I know it is cool in some circles to talk like this but for those of us who don't talk/write like this, it makes it hard to read. Just saying...

Will go buy a kool circle DICKtionary then... didn't know people couldn't understand YR MEANS YEAR OR LUV MEANS LOVE GUESS A SHORT HAND N IS TO HARD TO SAY WITHOUT THA A-D OOHHH YEAH THA MEANS THE ... HELPFUL I HOPE

Nice mock. Hits all the needs.
I like it, though I don't think Amerson last that long. May need to take him at 61 if he even lasts that long, I think he's gonna be the best ball hawking FREE safety we all been waiting for.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I like it, though I don't think Amerson last that long. May need to take him at 61 if he even lasts that long, I think he's gonna be the best ball hawking FREE safety we all been waiting for.

check out my thread called homemade mock draft method
I like it...a lot. What I think Baalke will do (there goes that inexact science) is makes some trades to get more picks in the 2nd and 3rd rds. Most experts agree that's the biggest talent pool in this draft. I don't see the value in trading up in the 1st rd...just too expensive when you're at the end of the rd. If TB can come away with 7-8 blue-chip players, he's pretty much done albeit for stockpiling some picks for the 2014 draft. I'd take Kelce over McDonald, mainly because he's a very good blocker and receiver, so could arguably become productive in Harbaugh's offense early on. Nice job.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I like it...a lot. What I think Baalke will do (there goes that inexact science) is makes some trades to get more picks in the 2nd and 3rd rds. Most experts agree that's the biggest talent pool in this draft. I don't see the value in trading up in the 1st rd...just too expensive when you're at the end of the rd. If TB can come away with 7-8 blue-chip players, he's pretty much done albeit for stockpiling some picks for the 2014 draft. I'd take Kelce over McDonald, mainly because he's a very good blocker and receiver, so could arguably become productive in Harbaugh's offense early on. Nice job.

Originally posted by 9moon:

nothing about Harbaugh's draft history suggests that he would prefer to draft his past players. But he does like to sign them as UDFA. Toiliolo would be a good pick up late in the draft, or as an UDFA.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Nice mock. Hits all the needs.

Cyprien has raw potential, but I'm with you on the preference for Reid because he's been in a pro style defense playing against a higher level of competition, but I'm not sure which one will go first, but I feel that one of them would be there at 34 if we were to stay put. Grabbed Quessenberry and Baca of OL depth and flexibility
Share 49ersWebzone