LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Trade up Mock Draft (First Four Rounds)

We trade picks 31 and 61 (892 total points) to the Bengals for picks 21,118, and 156 (887 total points)

21. Cordarelle Patterson WR (The Rams use their first first round pick on a safety thinking Patterson will fall to them at pick #22, but we trade up ahead of them and grab this beast of a playmaker who can be used in a Percy Harvin type of role. This sends a big Suck my Cock to Seattle and Pete Carroll in regards to their addition of Harvin)

34. Tank Carradine DE (Hoping he can play as a 3-4 DE because he is an awesome pass rusher. He has the strength and I believe if he can put on 10 pounds he'd have the size to do it)

60. David Amerson CB/FS ( A ballhawk who I think with good coaching can become a great FS. More of a zone read the qb and make a play on the ball type of guy and that's why I think he'd be a better suited safety than corner.)

74. Traded for pick 60 and 127

90. Tyrann Mathieu or Robert Alford CB ( Either one to guard the shifty fast receivers like harvin)

93. Traded for pick 60 and 127

118. Traded for pick 90

127. Chris Jones DT (had 12.5 sacks last year. Not sure if he can play nose tackle though. If not, get the best nose tackle available)

128. Traded for pick 90

131. Traded for pick 90

I know that I didn't address the tight end position in the first four rounds, but I feel like we can possibly address that later in the draft with either a tight end or a big bodied receiver like Rodney Smith, Mark Harrison, Chris Harper, Marcus Davis etc. Delanie Walker was a 6th round draft pick converted receiver.
Slim chance cordarelle falls out of top 15 but i would be stoked to get him.
Hope not
Can't trade #131 its a comp pick N no thanks to all of it ...
Originally posted by gold49digger:

people said the same thing about taylor mays and he fell super hard
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We don't need anothe slot receiver. We need someone with size, speed to play the outside.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 11, 2013 at 2:23 AM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

people said the same thing about taylor mays and he fell super hard

Haha, which bit? "slim chance he falls out of the top 15" or "I would be stoked to get him"

either way they were dead wrong
Originally posted by mayo49:
We don't need anothe slot receiver. We need someone with size, speed to play the outside.

Patterson is 6'2 and can be used in multiple roles as a slot wr, outside wr, running back, return man. We have nobody with that kind of versatility. Lamichael james would be the closest but he doesnt play any receiver right now.

Also people need to realize that although its not likely patterson falls this far, its definitely not out of the realm of possibility and very well could happen. Hes a raw wr with only 1 yr of D1 plqy, teams could address other needs, and players fall all the time.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Didnt realize that. And no thanks to all of it? Guess you dont like having playmakers on both sides of the ball. Patterson, mathieu, carradine, amerson all guys with huge potential to change games with playmaking ability (return yards, sweeps, sacks, forced fumbles, interceptions, etc). They were all known for these big play traits in college. Baalke loves guyswith versatility and who demonstrated production on the field.

We will not be using all our picks. We will be trading up for some guys and/or picks next year most likely
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Apr 11, 2013 at 6:13 AM ]
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Didnt realize that. And no thanks to all of it? Guess you dont like having playmakers on both sides of the ball. Patterson, mathieu, carradine, amerson all guys with huge potential to change games with playmaking ability (return yards, sweeps, sacks, forced fumbles, interceptions, etc). They were all known for these big play traits in college. Baalke loves guyswith versatility and who demonstrated production on the field.

We will not be using all our picks. We will be trading up for some guys and/or picks next year most likely

Sry but this is a defense draft N we should load up on that..just seem like wasted pick hoping tank could play a 3-4 DE when we could have D.Jones that's a perfect N projected 3-4 DE..we don't need another first round WR. ..mathieu is a midget head case N a Jones ur once again hoping can play something he's not like tank which mean it will probably take twice as long to teach them ... I'm never against play Makers just against hoping they are play makers ...

Didnt realize that. And no thanks to all of it? Guess you dont like having pkmlaymakers on both sides of the ball. Patterson, mathieu, carradine, amerson all guys with huge potential to change games with playmaking ability (return yards, sweeps, sacks, forced fumbles, interceptions, etc). They were all known for these big play traits in college. Baalke loves guyswith versatility and who demonstrated production on the field.

Sry but this is a defense draft N we should load up on that..just seem like wasted pick hoping tank could play a 3-4 DE when we could have D.Jones that's a perfect N projected 3-4 DE..we don't need another first round WR. ..mathieu is a midget head case N a Jones ur once again hoping can play something he's not like tank which mean it will probably take twice as long to teach them ... I'm never against play Makers just against hoping they are play makers ...
not hoping they are playmakers. They are playmakers. Culliver was a safety in college, aldon was strictly a d end, bruce miller was a d end. We convert guys from positions all the time. Tank carradine is a better pass rusher than datone jones. Our run defense is fine for the most part. We need to boost up the pass rush.
Nothing I've seen or read supports tank being 3-4 Guy ...
Nothing I've seen or read supports tank being 3-4 Guy ...

Guys are not married to certain positions. Just means he hasnt played in the 3-4. You also wouldn't have read anything on bruce miller being able to play fullback.

Anyways I like datone jones too but I decided to make this mock a bit different and tank carradine is more intriguing to me bc his pass rush ability.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Patterson is 6'2 and can be used in multiple roles as a slot wr, outside wr, running back, return man. We have nobody with that kind of versatility. Lamichael james would be the closest but he doesnt play any receiver right now.

Also people need to realize that although its not likely patterson falls this far, its definitely not out of the realm of possibility and very well could happen. Hes a raw wr with only 1 yr of D1 plqy, teams could address other needs, and players fall all the time.

Your right, I'm sorry about that. Getting my receivers mixed up. Patterson is definetly prime for a move up.

Your right, I'm sorry about that. Getting my receivers mixed up. Patterson is definetly prime for a move up.

Now you're talking
Share 49ersWebzone