There are 140 users in the forums

Can the Niners draft a 16 game rookie starter in this draft?

Taking into consideration, team needs, our pick positions and prospects with probable availability........can anyone envision us adding a new full time starter for next season through this draft?

If so, please list your candidate. I can't come up with any...mainly because I think we are that good, and our weakest starters happen to luck out in the fact that they are hard to upgrade in this draft
I can see them trading up a bit into the first (think pick 20-25) to get a new starting Safety.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
If we draft a safety in the first 2 rounds, he will likely start 16 games for us.

Jonathan Cyprien is the safety I want - with either one of our first two picks.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Apr 5, 2013 at 12:23 PM ]

or

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

or

names.
Originally posted by Garcia:

or

names.

Jonathan "el oso blanco" Cyprien and Eric "el caballo" Reid
why do people want cyprien over vaccaro?

also taking a safety in the 1st round is ridiculous
Originally posted by iLL49er:

Because Vaccaro will be long gone by the time its the 49ers pick
Because Vaccaro will be long gone by the time its the 49ers pick

my preference would be to move up for desmond trufant or sheldon richardson and then take tank carradine if he drops w/ the 34th pick

we can nab a safety later..there are so many in this draft

Well I am not asking to list who you want the Niners to draft.....but more of, what would the scenario look like in order for the Niners to gain a new starter. If that means a safety in the first, it means a safety in the first.

Just stating that does not mean we want that to happen

dont see anything about cyprien that says he's better than dj swearinger who is being talked as a 3rd rd pick
dont see anything about cyprien that says he's better than dj swearinger who is being talked as a 3rd rd pick

ok we get it, you dont like Cyprien

Thank you!

Yes, if we took a FS in the 1st round, he would probably start all 16 games for us. But it wouldn't be the best thing for the team. Trenton Robinson should be able to fill the role. He won't be the big hitter that Goldson was, but he should hold up fine in coverage.

We are in a mode of drafting future starters now. We need a NT to start now. We need a 3-4 DE that will start for Justin Smith in 2014. We need a WR that will start for Boldin in 2014. We need a SS that will start for Whitner in 2014. We need a nickle CB to cover the slot for Carlos Rogers in 2014.
[ Edited by blm7754 on Apr 5, 2013 at 12:51 PM ]
Anyone can draft a rookie starter (except maybe QB) if they're really good enough.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I like Cyprien, but I like Reid better.
Share 49ersWebzone