There are 249 users in the forums

Do you see us Drafting another RB with a late round pick ?

We already have a 3 headed monster at RB ....but do we bring in more comp for training camp? , LMJ is almost a lock to make it , so is Hunter , so they might want to limit their snaps in pre season ....do we possibly draft a RB late? ...or do we bring in a couple undrafted RB's for a look ?
I can see it happening with an early pick. I don't think LMJ can be an every down back. Hunter is quite good, but also coming of an Achilles tear, and Gore is great, but certainly aging. We will need a back who can handle the load like Gore
[ Edited by dhp318 on Apr 2, 2013 at 6:37 AM ]
I think we may take lattimore if he is still there with the later 3rd or our 4th and put him on PUP. If he recovers to his old self it would be a steal. If not its a later pick and nothing to worry about. I wouldn't take another Rb other than that situation. Too many other needs.
Draft Marcus Lattimore. Throw that son of a b***h on IR for the whole season and Profit in 2014
Originally posted by valrod33:
Draft Marcus Lattimore. Throw that son of a b***h on IR for the whole season and Profit in 2014

I hope we go after Lattimore. Hopefully he is on the board in the third. Even with our first pick. He's a special player and I think he will be fine.
I feel like we've put ourselves in a tough spot with the RB position. I love Hunter, but he's small and coming off an achilles injury. Was he really considered the heir to Gore? I love LMJ, but I also think he's too small to be an every down back. We have Dixon, who should be the 3rd down bruiser back we need, except he doesn't play that way. Still, he's a core special teams guy we shouldn't take for granted.

So...I'm not convinced we have our future, every down RB and we don't have the short yardage guy either. Hunter and LMJ are really good players, but to what end? My hope is that LMJ can be groomed as a reliable KR/PR threat and Hunter can recover enough to continue being the backup. In any event, do we draft another RB who can potentially be the heir apparent? Do we draft another big brusier to be the 3rd down back? Would we carry that many RBs?
I'm sold on the Lattimore PUP investment plan......low risk high reward......he would easily be the heir apparent to Gore which I think its obvious that Hunter and LMJ wont fill the need for an every down back.
Another vote for Lattimore...he wouldn't be needed on the field this year, can further rehab under the care of NFL training/medical staff. Then in 2014, first year in new stadium, it will be Gore's farewell tour as Lattimore gets his feet wet.
Besides Lattimore I like Le'Veon Bell from Mich St., but while he was originally probably being looked at as late-2nd to 3rd rounder where maybe the 49ers would've had interest, I think he might be a 1st rounder now which most likely would mean no-go for the Niners.

Draft Lattimer and start That MFer this year!!!!
[ Edited by NinerSquire on Apr 2, 2013 at 8:44 AM ]
I'm on board with the Lattimore ideal as well. A torn Achilles is no joke in addition I need to see a little more of Hunter before I'm sold on the Franchise running back. LMJ will be a good change of pace Sproles type back but much to small for everydown type situations for sure.
What about Levon Bell from Michigan State ? ...6-1 and 230 LBS ...ran a 4.52 and could possibly play a little FB for us

if he's available in the 4th , I would take a look at him .,...he has the size to be the chain moving back we thought we had in Brandon Jacobs
Originally posted by valrod33:

He's talking about being ready for the upcoming season
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
What about Levon Bell from Michigan State ? ...6-1 and 230 LBS ...ran a 4.52 and could possibly play a little FB for us

if he's available in the 4th , I would take a look at him .,...he has the size to be the chain moving back we thought we had in Brandon Jacobs

I just mentioned him above...forget FB, he would be Gore's replacement within 1-2 seasons. But yeah, maybe a little FB in 2013. But no way he's there in the 4th round, he'll be a Day 1 pick.
Share 49ersWebzone