LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Who is your favorite safety in this years draft.

Who is your favorite safety in this years draft.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
dont really know why but I voted for Reid
Mark Roman
Elam, Rambo, P.Thomas
Not saying they're the best, but they're definitely my favorites:

1.) David Amerson - I think he'll make a great FS more so than a CB
2.) Eric Reid - Great overall athlete, even better person...Harbaugh type of player
3.) Shamarko Thomas - Shorter, but so is Earl Thomas and he's one of the best in the business.
4.) Sanders Commings - If he could/would only tackle, he'd be a 1st round DB. Talented enough to excel at either CB or FS
5.) Jakar Hamilton - Ex-Georgia Bulldog who's more of a SS and later round pick; tough, strong, athletic and fast
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

2.) Eric Reid - Great overall athlete, even better person...Harbaugh type of player
3.) Shamarko Thomas - Shorter, but so is Earl Thomas and he's one of the best in the business.
4.) Sanders Commings - If he could/would only tackle, he'd be a 1st round DB. Talented enough to excel at either CB or FS
5.) Jakar Hamilton - Ex-Georgia Bulldog who's more of a SS and later round pick; tough, strong, athletic and fast

Why you hating on JJ Wilcox though? And Duke Williams. :P Two safeties with excellent man coverage abilities which is something I think this team dearly needs.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Why you hating on JJ Wilcox though? And Duke Williams. :P Two safeties with excellent man coverage abilities which is something I think this team dearly needs.

I like both (especially Wilcox because of the versatility), but just listed my top 5 guys. I'd also throw in Shawn Williams from Georgia as another guy I like.
  • flaw
  • Veteran
D.J. Swearinger
[ Edited by flaw on Apr 2, 2013 at 4:42 PM ]
  • cools
  • Veteran
Reid and Rambo, want em both...
Though I voted Vacarro, but I dont want to have to trade up for him
[ Edited by cools on Apr 2, 2013 at 5:03 PM ]
Damn Matt Elam at only 4%
Height discrimination
Is it me or does Vaccaro look an awful lot like ...Kaep? Tattoos & all. Spitting image!

Could be just me but does it seem like many of the FS in this draft are better suited for SS? Would be a great draft to find someone to take over for Whitner after this year. Just not sure it's a good year to find a starting FS who can be anywhere near Goldson's level. Not really a Vaccaro fan; maybe if he fell to us at 31 but that won't happen. Just don't think he is worth trading up for. Who do you guys see as the most ready to come in? Eric Reid? Just seems like there is a lot of depth at S (especially SS) but not much talent at the top for FS.
phillip thomas is my choice i feel he is the best at finding the ball in the air, pretty good in coverage and decent tackler best all around safety available!
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Could be just me but does it seem like many of the FS in this draft are better suited for SS? Would be a great draft to find someone to take over for Whitner after this year. Just not sure it's a good year to find a starting FS who can be anywhere near Goldson's level. Not really a Vaccaro fan; maybe if he fell to us at 31 but that won't happen. Just don't think he is worth trading up for. Who do you guys see as the most ready to come in? Eric Reid? Just seems like there is a lot of depth at S (especially SS) but not much talent at the top for FS.

Agree! But there are some CBs who may be good FS. Most rate this safety group as good to very good so I'm not sure if they are being too picky. I like a lot of the guys who can find the ball in the air and have good ball skills. Combine speed is often over rated. I expect them to take two safeties or a safety and a CB who can convert to safety. There are a number of guys who are noted for special teams play as well, so that may play into the selection.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Free Safety

Phillip Thomas

Strong Safety

I can not decide but I am intrigued by two mid-round picks: Robert Lester and Earl Wolff
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ParkingLotPimpin:
Damn Matt Elam at only 4%
Height discrimination

Elam is 5' 10" but his cousins are midgets, and for many in this forum midgets are bad--evil incarnate.
Share 49ersWebzone