There are 253 users in the forums

Who is your favorite safety in this years draft.

Who is your favorite safety in this years draft.

I find it funny how so many people are voting for Reid 33% as best but I see so many mocks on here N people talking about wanting cyprien .... why is that? ??
It seems likely the 9ers will select two of these guys...one fairly high and the other in a later round. D Williams, Wilcox and Lester may be really good pick ups in the later rounds. Duke Williams and Zeke Motta are listed as good team leaders, the type of guys Harbaugh and Baalke like to pick.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
It seems likely the 9ers will select two of these guys...one fairly high and the other in a later round. D Williams, Wilcox and Lester may be really good pick ups in the later rounds. Duke Williams and Zeke Motta are listed as good team leaders, the type of guys Harbaugh and Baalke like to pick.

Kind of a gut instinct, but I think Baalke may be looking at Duke Williams to fill our safety need.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
For me, in terms of safety, is very simple, there is only 1 guy in the draft - Eric Reid !!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
David Amerson is also on my list, but as a CB. Until Jim Harbaugh tells me otherwise, I will treat him as a CB in the meantime.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I find it funny how so many people are voting for Reid 33% as best but I see so many mocks on here N people talking about wanting cyprien .... why is that? ??

I suspect is because Cyprien has been talked up by a lot of analysts. But, deep down, most fans just love big hitting physical safeties. We have already lost Dashon and Eric Reid is the only guy in the draft who can come close to Dashon's physical plays.
Originally posted by Rascal:

I suspect is because Cyprien has been talked up by a lot of analysts. But, deep down, most fans just love big hitting physical safeties. We have already lost Dashon and Eric Reid is the only guy in the draft who can come close to Dashon's physical plays.

I've actually read quote a few experts who have stated that Rambo's player comparison is Goldson.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Butter:

I've actually read quote a few experts who have stated that Rambo's player comparison is Goldson.

Not even close. Have you watched Eric Reid's highlights ? That guy literally plays like he wants to kill the opponent. In fact, many analysts are saying he is actually over-aggressive. I can't disagree with that having seen his tape.
Give me Eric Reid. He is the most similar safety to Goldson in this class.
[ Edited by SFrush on Apr 1, 2013 at 5:49 AM ]
TYRANN AND REEIIDD PLEASE LSU TYPE STUFF

• Hopper
  • Veteran
I'm going with Eric Reid as well. Let Donatell coach that kid up and he's going to mold him into a stud.
I'm surprised about the Reid love
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NTeply49:
I'm surprised about the Reid love

He is just too physical and I guess we are all missing Dashon badly. LOL.
  • WiL7
  • Veteran

I totally agree!! We were all spoiled by Dashon's aggression at, or close to the line of scrimmage. IMO we NEED the centerfield / ballhawking FS. For now, I don't think we need the rookie to have excellent tackling skills because it an be masked by our linebackers and Whitner. With that said, I wouldn't be against drafting an Amerson or even a Mathieu (in the later rounds of course) and moving that player to safety to let them free roam centerfield, deep or mid halves. We already have big hitters and tackling machines, Game changers are what we need fellas'!! I'm done with the Nate Clements, Michael Lewis, sure tackler type of player. We need turnover, pass deflections, forced fumbles and picks.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WiL7:

I totally agree!! We were all spoiled by Dashon's aggression at, or close to the line of scrimmage. IMO we NEED the centerfield / ballhawking FS. For now, I don't think we need the rookie to have excellent tackling skills because it an be masked by our linebackers and Whitner. With that said, I wouldn't be against drafting an Amerson or even a Mathieu (in the later rounds of course) and moving that player to safety to let them free roam centerfield, deep or mid halves. We already have big hitters and tackling machines, Game changers are what we need fellas'!! I'm done with the Nate Clements, Michael Lewis, sure tackler type of player. We need turnover, pass deflections, forced fumbles and picks.

Do you know what my initial thought was ? Cut Donte and Carlos to pay for Dashon. Then draft Eric Reid and work out who plays FS and SS between him and Dashon, plus draft David Amerson for corner (not a big fan of Mathieu, to me he is just too small). Could you imagine that ?! With that line-up, we could definitely challenge Seahawks' secondary.

If you want a playmaker and game-changer, David Amerson is your guy. The dude had 12 INTs in 2011 !!
Share 49ersWebzone