There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Players I hope 49ers are targeting

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blm7754:
Lattimore's recovery time isn't a concern. Actually, it would be better if he took his time cause we could keep him on PUP without using a roster spot.

The question is, how will he perform after he recovers? Not everybody is like Frank Gore or Adrian Peterson. He may not be the same. That risk is the main reason why his stock is low. Plenty of teams could afford to stash him for a year, and would use a high pick on him if they knew he would be the same player.

Agreed!

AP's ability to recover fast and come back strong was (no doubt) incredible. But Gore just plays through injuries, he lies when they ask if he's alright cause he doesn't want to be out of the game... it seemed like he's played that way since the Niners signed him.

If the Niners happen to get Marcus I won't complain, but I'll just hope he turns out like Gore or better (if possible).
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Nice list. I would change the following:

DB's
Remove the Honey Badger
Add Phillip Thomas FS

DL
Remove Johnathan Hankins

OLB
Jaime Collins OLB

Honey Badger is one of the top slot CBs in the draft. If Baalke and Harbaugh check him off of character issues, I'd be thrilled with picking him in the 3rd round. B.W Webb is another excellent slot CB with amazing quickness.

I've herd mixed opinions of Jonathan Hankins, but all the film I've seen of him shows that he is downright dominating. I have no clue as to whether that will translate to success in the NFL. But the guy looks great on the field.

I would take Webb over Mathieu just because he doesn't have the character questions. I agree about the mixed messages regarding Hankins and that's why I would pass on him versus Collins. Collins was the one shining star on an really bad football team and he has all the physical tools to be special.
Double post.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Mar 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Take Jesse Williams out and I like all the players u guys listed

I agree looks overrated
Originally posted by Montana1977:
S.Richardson DE Mizzou
Swearinger FS S.Carolina
Eifert TE ND
J.Hunter WR Ten
J.Williams NT/DE Bama
M.Lattimore RB S.Carolina
M.Hunt DE SMU
T.Mathieu FS/KR/PR/NB LSU
E.Reid FS/SS LSU
J.Taylor Boise St

These are my favourite players in the upcoming draft , I think any of these guys would be a great fit on the 9er roster
I'm pretty confident Trent will be able to get at least a few of these guys with all the picks we have.
f we could walk away with any 5 of these players I would be stoked.

What do you all think??

In terms of WR, I think you are right on the money with Justin Hunter who is that deep threat wideout that we badly need. He should be an early 2nd rounder I hope and within our reach. Cordarrelle Patterson is just too hot and will be gone way before it gets to our turn. Other than that, in the later rounds, I see a dark horse in Marcus Davis from Virginia Tech.
What's up guys, I'm new here but a die hard 49ers fan. So glad I was able to find this site and all my 49ers peeps. Well here my list in full of all the players I'd love to see don our uniform!!!!!

1st round- Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
Sylvester Wiliams DT North Carolina
Datone Jones DE UCLA
I know this last one maybe a shocker lol but Tavon Austin WR/RB/PR/KR This lil dude is not an ordinary lil dude! His game is bigger than any other
offensive player is this Entire draft! IMO he is the only offensive player worth moving up to get! Because of all the phases in a game he can effect I
would full understand US getting this player!!! 4.32 speed with unbelievable agility and open field moves!

2nd round- Johnthan Banks CB Mississippi State
Brandon Williams NT Missouri Southern
Kawann Short DT Purdue

This is just my 1st 2 rounds of players , Im at work and short on time lol so I will hit u with the rest later.

Originally posted by Wheelz29:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Take Jesse Williams out and I like all the players u guys listed

I agree looks overrated

Totally disagree. I think Williams is exactly what the Niners need. He's big enough to play as a run stuffing 0 technique, but fast enough to play off the edge as a 5 technique. If the Niners swap to the nickle, he can play 4-3 DT. He played all of those Dline positions very successful at Alabama.

His strength, speed, and most importantly, versatility make him a very valuable piece. I the limited 53 man roster, the Niners have consistently shown that they value versatility.
In terms of CB, I can't go with Tyrann Mathieu. He might be OK as a slot CB at 5'9". I would rather have a more of an all-round guy, a bigger and more physical corner. And my choice is - David Amerson !!
I think that's a really good list, well played

Richardson would require moving up pretty high for but if we nabbed him, Eifert, Swearinger and Hunter We'd have had a hell of a draft. All will be taken in the first two days so we'd have to manipulate the draft with some later round picks.
Originally posted by Rascal:
In terms of CB, I can't go with Tyrann Mathieu. He might be OK as a slot CB at 5'9". I would rather have a more of an all-round guy, a bigger and more physical corner. And my choice is - David Amerson !!

Agree we need a big CB who can handle the outside but we also need a CB like Mathieu who can cover the slot.
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
Originally posted by Rascal:

Agree we need a big CB who can handle the outside but we also need a CB like Mathieu who can cover the slot.

If we draft 2 corners, then is fine. But, overall, my philosophy is size. If you are talking about WR, I would rather have Cordarrelle Patterson over Tavon Austin (that is if we trade up that high which I doubt), if not, I would take Justin Hunter. If you are talking about safety, I would take Eric Reid over anyone else.
[ Edited by Rascal on Apr 1, 2013 at 8:08 AM ]
Originally posted by Butter:
Totally disagree. I think Williams is exactly what the Niners need. He's big enough to play as a run stuffing 0 technique, but fast enough to play off the edge as a 5 technique. If the Niners swap to the nickle, he can play 4-3 DT. He played all of those Dline positions very successful at Alabama.

His strength, speed, and most importantly, versatility make him a very valuable piece. I the limited 53 man roster, the Niners have consistently shown that they value versatility.

I totally agree,I think this guy is a stud who is being undervalued on all the draft sites out there...can't figure out why.
I really like Jordan Reed in the 2nd or 3rd
Originally posted by Montana1977:
Originally posted by Butter:

I totally agree,I think this guy is a stud who is being undervalued on all the draft sites out there...can't figure out why.

And he played fullback in Bama's jumbo package. He can do everything Sopoaga did for us....except better.
[ Edited by loyalniner on Apr 1, 2013 at 6:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Here is my list of players I'd like to see

Datone Jones
Jesse Williams
Jonathan Cyprien
JJ Wilcox
Quinton Patton
Da'Rick Rogers
Shamarko Thomas
Duke Williams
Matt Scott
Colby Cameron
Dion Sims
Travis Kelce
Tyler Eifert
Johnthan Banks
Robert Alford
Terry Hawthorne
Mark Harrison
Chris Harper
Marcus Lattimore
Chris Jones
Jordan Mills
Omoregie Uzzi

Totally agree with almost every one of these players. Not sure why everyone is so down on Uzzi. Third team All-American by CBS Sports in 2012 and second team All-American in 2011 (SI.com, as well as 3rd team by Rivals). Very good player getting overlooked IMO. A list of his accomplishments:

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/uzzi_omoregie00.html
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home