Trade our 1st, Panther's 3rd, and Colts 5th to the Bears for the 20th pick (value points match up)..
1. Cordarrelle Patterson WR, Tennessee, 6-2, 216
- a lot of people are high on Tavon Austin, but this is a guy that is just as fast, just as versatile, and is A LOT bigger.. He's the guy the Niners will be targeting.. (Hoping he falls a little bit to 20, which he might, due to teams needs/being a little raw)
2a. Datone Jones DE/DT, UCLA, 6-4, 283
- athletic, strong, hard working football player who will be a valuable rotational guy and eventual Justin Smith replacement..
2b. Bacarri Rambo FS, Georgia, 6-1, 211
- ball-hawking, playmaking safety, who is a great center field-type with ideal size for the position.. Very good in run support as well.. Goldson's replacement..
3. Tyrann Mathieu CB, LSU, 5-9, 186
- quick, shifty, competitive athlete with incredible ball skills and playmaking ability.. Will be able to cover the slot which has given us a lot of trouble in the past, as well as compete for the punt returning position..
4a. JJ Wilcox SS, Georgia Southern, 6-0, 213
- a very good "football player".. After only playing safety for one season, he's shown great raw ability.. Big, instinctual, good tackler, and a lot better in coverage than Whitner.. Will be his eventual replacement..
4b. Marcus Lattimore RB, South Carolina, 5-11, 221
- best all around running back in this class but I believe he falls this far due to the fact that he will have to be redshirted next year.. With the Niners stable of backs, they can afford to do this..
5. Terry Hawthorne CB, Illinois, 6-0, 195
- very fluid athlete who is very competitive with good speed/quickness and decent ball skills.. Will compete for depth and will be an eventual starter on the outside..
6 (Miami). Traded for a 2014 5th rounder
7th Round: The 2 non-comp picks are traded for 2 future 6th rounders.. We are left with 2 comp picks..
7a. Rick Wagner OT, Wisconsin, 6-6, 308
- offensive line depth with the ability to be a back up swing tackle..
7b. Mychal Rivera TE, Tennessee, 6-3, 242
- same type of player as Delanie Walker, but with better hands.. Will be his replacement..
This mock is a little optimistic, but if this is the way it went down, we would be well on our way to having a dynasty for the next decade and we would be in Super Bowl contention annually..
[ Edited by Cooper22 on Mar 29, 2013 at 1:55 PM ]