There are 188 users in the forums

Eric Reid

Didn't see a thread specifically for Eric Reid, so created this. I really hope the 49ers draft this guy. The closest thing to Goldson in my opinion, and in fact more athletic than Goldson. He's big, fast, hits hard, and is decent in coverage. He can potentially play FS or SS. I hope we draft him and then draft another safety as insurance in case Reid is more suited for SS.
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Mar 29, 2013 at 11:28 AM ]
im on the bandwagon. he's my 2nd choice at safety if we pass on Matt Elam.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I think he's the next best thing after Kenny Vaccarro. I'm not a fan of Matt Elam. Too similar to Whitner.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

I think he's the next best thing after Kenny Vaccarro. I'm not a fan of Matt Elam. Too similar to Whitner.

Still don't see the Whitner comparison besides height. Elam has more range and can play both safety positions. He's also better at man coverage than Whitner.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Still don't see the Whitner comparison besides height. Elam has more range and can play both safety positions. He's also better at man coverage than Whitner.

It's because they're both black
I have a feeling Eric Reid is probably first or second on Baalke's safety rankings.
[ Edited by SFrush on Mar 16, 2014 at 1:21 PM ]
Isn't Reid more in the mold of Laron Landry than a prototypical FS? I have read a few scouting reports that say his main weakness is coverage skills. Personally I would prefer a a Merton Hanks clone at FS in today's NFL.

Reid does hit hard and has great size to come in and start day one, so If Baalke drafts him, I would be happy.
I think Reid probably is the guy the front office is targeting. I don't remember who it was, but a week ago, one of the Niner beat writers said the front office was doing lots of background work on Reid.
damn he had some Goldson-like hits in that video
Originally posted by ParkingLotPimpin:
It's because they're both black

Nope. It's because they're both short

I'm on this bandwagon. Then follow up in one of the later rounds with Swearinger/P Thomas/S Thomas as Whitner's replacement.
I think Reid is a nice player. I bet the Ravens wouldn't mind drafting an E. Reid to play safety for them. Having said that, I think Elam is the more explosive tackler, which says a lot because I think Reid is also a dynamic hitter. Maybe Reid is stronger but Elam shows that quick twitch closing speed. We can teach him how to play centerfield.

BOTH would be nice additions at either 31-34
Reid is my favorite FS in this draft still has upside as he is only a Junior
Why can't people use good music in these videos?
Would much rather have reid he is the better all around safety and can play botj positions
Share 49ersWebzone