There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who will you be disappointed with if we draft him?

Originally posted by jb49ers80:
What players would make you really disappointed if we drafted them at 31 or 34?

For me:
Jonathan Hankins
Jon Jenkins
Kawann Short
Sylvester Williams
Keenan Allen

To some degree:
A TE.

Just want to say...this list is around 80% of the first round talent likely to be available when we pick. Basically it seems like this thread is a circumspect way of saying I will pissed if they dont pick the guy I want them too.
Another AJ Jenkins

Any rookie who can contribute this year I'm down.
Jonathan Hankins - don't know why exactly, just don't hear enough positive reviews about the guy.
There's gonna be no one left by the time we pick anyway. We need to just trade all our picks to the chiefs for the number 1. But don't trade away next year's first because its probably going to be a top 5 pick.
All the players you guys are naming are the ones I want the Niners to draft
Desmond Trufant. Sitting here with a Husky Alum who is an avid football fan as I type. His words, "Trufant is mediocre at best. He's a good guy to cover your slot receiver. He'll struggle with bigger faster receivers and god help him in run support. Decent 3rd round talent at best." I've got other friends who are Husky fans. Few of them get excited about Trufant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kYVwIbtnlyU. Here is Trufant against WSU Cougars. I don't see first round talent at all.
[ Edited by pete98146 on Mar 28, 2013 at 10:19 AM ]
LOL at people saying Margus Hunt mainly because of his age
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Whoever the Niners pick I won't be disappointed. They are good at their jobs and have nailed the draft the last couple of years. So if it's old man Hunt or little man Austin or our second TE, we should trust them that they know something we don't.

This is my opinion as well, but I reserve the right to change my answer in five years!
Originally posted by smithc28:
I would say Margus Hunt but if Tomsula thinks he can turn him into a monster on D-Line then who am I to argue.

I wouldn't be keen on a secondary player with either of the first two picks, I think we can get more impact on the D-Line and on the offence with a TE and or a receiver. But again, I'm not the one with all the tape and the lifetime of expert analysis.

D*MN really u don't think we need secondary help did u not see us get used N abused in tha playoffs? ?? N u do know safety counts as secondary help which we need after losing goldson...an with T.brown, whitner becoming free agents next yr we need replacements waiting ...
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by smithc28:
I would say Margus Hunt but if Tomsula thinks he can turn him into a monster on D-Line then who am I to argue.

I wouldn't be keen on a secondary player with either of the first two picks, I think we can get more impact on the D-Line and on the offence with a TE and or a receiver. But again, I'm not the one with all the tape and the lifetime of expert analysis.

D*MN really u don't think we need secondary help did u not see us get used N abused in tha playoffs? ?? N u do know safety counts as secondary help which we need after losing goldson...an with T.brown, whitner becoming free agents next yr we need replacements waiting ...

our corners were good throughout the season. it's not a coincidence that they were getting torched when Justin Smith got hurt and Aldon disappeared. a defense needs a consistent pass rush in order for the secondary to succeed. that goes for EVERY team.

we can answer our safety problems in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Only one that will truly disappoint me is Hunt.

Exactly this.

agreed i think if we got Hunt at 61 would be much easier to cope with
Originally posted by SF69ers:

This

Hey age is apart of tha business ...plus words like raw N potential on a old rookie scares me ...
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,600 for ParkingLotPimpin.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Hey age is apart of tha business ...plus words like raw N potential on a old rookie scares me ...

Still want even if erectile dysfunction as a rookie
any kicker, punter, QB or ILB

Every other position is fair game. (EVEN OL)