There are 163 users in the forums

what positions would you address with our first 4 picks ?

I know our draft order could change , but if we stood pat and kept our first 4 draft picks as is , which positions would you address?

heres mine..

1. NT or DE .....a disruptive D-Lineman would do our team a world of good

2. TE ....Grabbing another big chain moving target for Kap would make our redzone offense more effective

2. FS .... this is where we could grab our starting FS , lot of talented FS prospects in the draft

3. CB .... a fast aggressive CB to run with WR's on the outside would make our defense to pass against

Just my 2 cents ...what about you guys?
I'd go DL, S, CB, TE. I know we lost Delanie which was huge to our O, but I think we can make that up in other ways. Its more important we reload on D.
Originally posted by kentc1978:
I'd go DL, S, CB, TE. I know we lost Delanie which was huge to our O, but I think we can make that up in other ways. Its more important we reload on D.

yup ...which is why I would go defense with 3 of our first 4 picks ....and another TE would be sweet
Im kinda torn between; DL, DL, FS, TE...and DL, CB, FS, TE...
I'd like to see us pick up another CB. I know we have Cully in the background as an eventual starter, but having 3 starting caliber CB's is almost necessary with the way teams play offense these days. Rogers is probably in his last season here.
DL, FS, TE, DL.
DL - Big-Time. NT & DE or 2 DE. We need a rotation! Not just starters BUT people who can come in and play at a high level. Getting Dorsey was a good start BUT the jury is out on him. What rounds we get them will be determined by who is on the board.

FS is a must.

CB to take over Rogers spot - maybe in a year.

WR - IMO, we need to get a reasonably big, FAST guy who can catch and out jump people in the Red Zone. We have a QB who can throw the bomb and a OLine that can protect him. VD is fast but very often double teamed. Crabs is a possesion receiver and Boldin is here for mayber 2 seasons. We have enough Hobbits - AJ, Kendall.
BTW, we picked Iupati & ADavis w/2 first rounders and it was panned by many in the Zone.

Those picks seemed to work out VERY well for us.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
BTW, we picked Iupati & ADavis w/2 first rounders and it was panned by many in the Zone.

Those picks seemed to work out VERY well for us.

I remember that, people were saying we reached for Davis, and that he would have been available in the 3rd, and the Cowboys had him rated as a 4th round pick?? , couldnt believe people were basing their opinions on the f*cken cowboys draft board ...now it looks like a stroke of genius
defensive line - we lost out on spears , the guy woulda be a steal . we lost out on canty although he woulda just been a filler guy . so we pick a brute with our first pick .

2nd pick - anywhere along the defensive front and we have our bookends . I trust in our draft team to find a guy who can strike fear in quarterbacks .

secondary - cb or safety - i want a ball hawk guy , enough with the big hits we need turnovers !!!

big target legit speed - wr or te - dont care as long as we can score in a first and goal situation .

even with a perfect draft ill watch the season feeling robbed last year . Now i wanna know ... can harbaugh win the big game .

FS
NT
DE
TE
RD1-DE-Rotation is not only good for Smith and McDonald, but it would help the development of the rookie.

Rd2-FS- Someone who is capable of coming in and competing for the starting spot from Day 1.

Rd2- NT- Once again, rotation. Ian Williams is an unknown. All we have is Dorsey. We could find good value hear at the end of the 2nd.

Rd3-CB/TE/WR- Good value at all positions here, target BPA at position that fits well. So depends how the draft board looks here
Right now I have it as:

FS
DE/NT
WR
TE

I honestly don't think our CBs were as bad as a lot of people thought they were and that we can wait to get an okay one with our 3rd or 4th round picks. It'll probably be one of our biggest needs next offseason, but that's okay. Also, I'm a little obsessed with Da'Rick Rogers being on the 49ers, so I have the 49ers taking him with the 61st pick.
1-TE (Eifert or Ertz)
2-DL
3-DB
4-WR

I think we need the Red Zone threat to help Kaep! After that Best Players Available @ the positions listed. I think we have options @ WR(Manningham, Williams)... If we get a stud TE & hit on DL & DB @ picks 34 & 61... LOOK OUT!!!
[ Edited by NYCNINER on Mar 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM ]
BPA

of : DL / TE / WR / TE / CB / S

with late round options at : OLB / ILB / OT
Share 49ersWebzone