There are 485 users in the forums
A Mock Draft of how I think the 49ers will manipulate the draft
- 1 2
Mar 24, 2013 at 10:22 AM
- RollinWith21n52
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,948
Not a huge fan of the picks, but I LOVE the trading. Good work!
Mar 24, 2013 at 10:27 AM
- Travisty13
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,269
Not a fan. Our 1st pick is a WR, no DE help til the 7th. Not understanding everyone's love of Vance McDonald yet everyone hating Delanie. McDonald has the drops problem too, and he's a worse blocker. And then trading up for Rodgers who's a trash QB.
I do like Slay, and Amerson being moved to FS projection. Franklin is a good back, wouldn't be upset with him being a Niner.
I do like Slay, and Amerson being moved to FS projection. Franklin is a good back, wouldn't be upset with him being a Niner.
Mar 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM
- English
- Moderator
- Posts: 41,415
Whilst I like trading back into 2014, leaving the DL so late is something that I don't think will happen.
Mar 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM
- ElephantHaley
- Member
- Posts: 7,020
I hope they do trade down and gain extra picks because we'll have some FAs next year and it will help
Mar 24, 2013 at 10:41 AM
- SFL49ER
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,952
Originally posted by Travisty13:Not a fan. Our 1st pick is a WR, no DE help til the 7th. Not understanding everyone's love of Vance McDonald yet everyone hating Delanie. McDonald has the drops problem too, and he's a worse blocker. And then trading up for Rodgers who's a trash QB.
I do like Slay, and Amerson being moved to FS projection. Franklin is a good back, wouldn't be upset with him being a Niner.
Understandable with the first pick. Patton as BPA in pos. of need. I don't think the Niners are high on De class, and Seymore gives that depth for a year. We have 6 DL in the rotationwithout Kruger or Foster active. And we could possibly have a top 3 pick to land a franchise DE next year.
Mar 24, 2013 at 10:47 AM
- SFL49ER
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,952
Originally posted by English:Whilst I like trading back into 2014, leaving the DL so late is something that I don't think will happen.
Seymore gives that depth for a year. We have 6 DL in the rotationwithout Kruger or Foster active. And we could possibly have a top 3 pick to land a franchise DE next year. Plus, our depth has the experience in the rotation(other than Williams), and not a rookie with question marks that will be taking on 2 NFL linemen.
I also think Tomsula can get more out of late rounders.
Mar 24, 2013 at 11:22 AM
- SonocoNinerFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,610
I'd love to see it manipulated like that so long as we fill our immediate needs on defense. I'd prefer to see more quality help for the DL rotation early.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Mar 24, 2013 at 11:50 AM ]
Mar 24, 2013 at 11:34 AM
- mayo49
- Veteran
- Posts: 65,216
I love the manipulation in this thread.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 24, 2013 at 6:39 PM ]
Mar 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM
- kronik
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,316
Do we really need more picks? If I was to trade, I would trade up. Especially with all those late round picks. Package them all for a 4th or 5th if possible
Mar 24, 2013 at 12:16 PM
- hondakillerzx
- Veteran
- Posts: 19,280
if our first pick isnt on an elite Safety or DT im not down. they should not trade out of the 1st, if anything they should use their ammo to move up to get a marquee safety. trade a 2nd rounder for next years 1st is always a good idea tho
Mar 24, 2013 at 12:56 PM
- RishikeshA
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,720
I like the idea of making some trades but not the first two picks. This is a team that is right there and a few top players can help close the deal in NY next year. Maybe moving up is a possibility.
Mar 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,106
I like this draft a lot. Slay, Patton and McDonald are sleepers at their positions, while I think Williams is a higher grade for a NT, could be early 3rd, but if we got those 4, plus extra 1st,3rd and 4th in 2014, I would be so happy. Great work.
Only thing is Seymore, may not want to sign for minimum, heard reports he wants more than minimum. But who knows.
Only thing is Seymore, may not want to sign for minimum, heard reports he wants more than minimum. But who knows.
Mar 24, 2013 at 1:37 PM
- SFL49ER
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,952
Originally posted by AB83Rules:I like this draft a lot. Slay, Patton and McDonald are sleepers at their positions, while I think Williams is a higher grade for a NT, could be early 3rd, but if we got those 4, plus extra 1st,3rd and 4th in 2014, I would be so happy. Great work.
Only thing is Seymore, may not want to sign for minimum, heard reports he wants more than minimum. But who knows.
I really think B. Williams will be drafted later because of his small school and his questionable senior bowl.
Isee these picks as points and there is so much talent at the beginning of the second and those teams are after the qbs. We can go bpa early because we have the load of picks in later rounds. And If the value isn't there at 31, we gain more points in trading.
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Mar 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM ]
Mar 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM
- SFL49ER
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,952
Originally posted by RishikeshA:I like the idea of making some trades but not the first two picks. This is a team that is right there and a few top players can help close the deal in NY next year. Maybe moving up is a possibility.
Moving up to get who? Datone Jones? Maybe he could be a steal but think his stock is all over the place, and that tells me he's no clear cut to be dominant in the 3/4. I'm scared of trading up to early 20s to get him.
- 1 2